Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

here here , i had loads lined up for this year , ( george clinton , killers , Queen , Glasto abbey , pilton party , New York for our wedding anniversary and of course GLASTONBURY ) , really glad we got to see stereophonics in late feb .

but as i said to mrs D only last night , we have bought and paid for all of those already for next year PLUS what ever comes up as well , 2021 is going to be busy , and of course we have the Manics free nhs concert  to look forward to this dec .

i have now re-booked the end of June off so i can watch all the Glasto coverage , it looks pretty awesome if the hype is to be believed.its still no replacement for the festival  , i know from bitter experience of not getting tickets in 17 and watching it on tv .

Yes at least we are saving money and have things planned for next year already. Fingers crossed for October. Although I was lucky enough to see some great gigs in February so I have had some great memories to look back on. Feels like a lifetime ago now though. 

4 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

oh mate . and this awesome weather is not helping either !

i am defiantly feeling pain , this is supposed to be Glasto month !  

Capture.JPG

Nor the news at present. It feels like the world is on fire and normally you'd go to Glastonbury and have your faith in humanity restored for a little while. Here's the poem. I wish there was a way to bottle the Glastonbury spirit so that we could have that happiness and acceptance everywhere. 

• Upvote 2

Cheers @gigpusher - I hope (and this is even if I'm ticketless) Glastonbury goes ahead next year, it is much more than a festival, for many it's a safe place and mental sanctuary. 

I also, obviously, really, really hope I have tickets!

Loving the new look @Big durbs, knocks years off you... 😅

On 5/25/2020 at 12:48 PM, blutarsky said:

So you prompted me to action @crazyfool1

The tool is there for scale, it’s approx 1/50th of the real thing, I scaled down the actual measurements. Had to enlist my neighbour for help with calculating the angles 😂 

This is the only way Skrewdriver will get close to headlining or even playing the festival. #FuckNaziPunks

Next step is paint and a stage topper - I’m thinking Michael Eavis as the sun from Teletubbies. 

88956924-9255-4FCB-A158-452C905FC080.jpeg

Posted this on FB a few days ago so should share here too:

Here's my homage to Glastonbury this year. A purpose built one-up, two-down residence for our fabulous garden Blue Tits, complete with Dave Grohl on stage  :)

Can't wait for next spring to see if we get some families moving in for a rave!

IMG_2946.JPEG

IMG_2945.JPEG

IMG_2947.JPEG

IMG_2948.JPEG

IMG_2949.JPEG

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Posted this on FB a few days ago so should share here too:

Here's my homage to Glastonbury this year. A purpose built one-up, two-down residence for our fabulous garden Blue Tits, complete with Dave Grohl on stage  :)

Can't wait for next spring to see if we get some families moving in for a rave!

IMG_2946.JPEG

IMG_2945.JPEG

IMG_2947.JPEG

IMG_2948.JPEG

IMG_2949.JPEG

Ha! Love this. Immense! 

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Cheers @gigpusher - I hope (and this is even if I'm ticketless) Glastonbury goes ahead next year, it is much more than a festival, for many it's a safe place and mental sanctuary. 

I also, obviously, really, really hope I have tickets!

Loving the new look @Big durbs, knocks years off you... 😅

Please please please please let the resale club get tickets! I need them too! Oh to know you're off to Glastonbury and that feeling walking though the gates! (Sunburn and sore back!) 

45 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Purchased in grey - preferred black but I usually wear black on my bottom ha;f and I don't want to look like I'm wearing a Glasto onesie do I? 

Or do you?

*Checks merch site for glasto onesies*

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

I still wonder if they have a stock room rammed with 2020 merch !

I suspect they had the designs ready but were able to stop printing in time as otherwise I am sure they would have tried to sell them. I for one told them that I would have been willing to buy them. 

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

That gif can only have been created by someone who has tried to get Glastonbury tickets.

Are there any other festivals in the world that are as difficult to get? I've never tried to get things like Coachella.

I think Burning Man is notoriously difficult. 

And whilst not a festival - San Diego Comic Con. Tried once for that. NIGHTMARE.

2 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I think Burning Man is notoriously difficult. 

And whilst not a festival - San Diego Comic Con. Tried once for that. NIGHTMARE.

Ah yeah I’ve heard similar.

Would LOVE Comic-Con but can’t event begin to imagine how difficult it will be. I want to try and attend WrestleMania one year but suspect that’ll be nigh on impossible to secure tickets.

13 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Don’t forget to get a kids one ! We bought a glasto baby grow last year for our grandson who was due on the Monday after Glasto, we left instructions to not ring if early lol

Smallest size was 3-4 years, so decided to wait until we can buy one on site!