Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

18 hours ago, yehbutnobut said:

Anyone wanting to re-enact / get some practice for the resale, may I suggest going on to the Gousto website each Tuesday at 12pm and attempt to chose their 4 meals. Absolute carnage.

I have a Hello Fresh account but paused it a fortnight before this all kicked off. I cannot get it restarted for love nor money. 

On 4/1/2020 at 7:22 AM, blutarsky said:

I have a Hello Fresh account but paused it a fortnight before this all kicked off. I cannot get it restarted for love nor money. 

I'm the opposite. I had just taken out Hello Fresh on an offer intending to ditch it once the offer was over but now I'm getting 5 meals a week to keep my supermarket visits to a minimum. Our nearest Supermarket is near a very large hospital so I figure it is probably the least safe place that I can go at the moment. 

23 hours ago, Big durbs said:

I hope this lock down ends soon , Mrs D has got a list of so many DIY jobs for me to do , I think I will be back on the farm in 21 before I have finished half of them .

H E L P ..... lol

I am exactly the same - got an A4 page full of jobs that has now been put onto a spreadsheet...! 

29 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'm the opposite. I had just taken out Hello Fresh on an offer intending to ditch it once the offer was over but now I'm getting 5 meals a week to keep my supermarket visits to a minimum. Our nearest Supermarket is near a very large hospital so I figure it is probably the least safe place that I can go at the moment. 

Jammy!

Just now, blutarsky said:

I am exactly the same - got an A4 page full of jobs that has now been put onto a spreadsheet...! 

Jammy!

Yes in fairness to me it's one of the few things that has worked in my favour! All my gigs have been cancelled, my holiday was cancelled and my dogs vet referral for fear of fireworks is on hold at a time when people think it's a good idea to set them off weekly so please let me have my Hello Fresh meals!! :D 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Yes in fairness to me it's one of the few things that has worked in my favour! All my gigs have been cancelled, my holiday was cancelled and my dogs vet referral for fear of fireworks is on hold at a time when people think it's a good idea to set them off weekly so please let me have my Hello Fresh meals!! :D 

I'm not minding a weekly excuse to get out of the house to be fair. 

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

No NO . Don’t you start lol , I had to work in the office today 😞 , came home to ........ move the pendant light in the bedroom ( apparently it’s not in the middle ) , mow the lawns , water the garden , i got home at 4:30 , and only sat down about 20 mins ago ........ god help me , please can I go to work . Lmfao

we are supporting the NHS worker as asked :) 

3 hours ago, Big durbs said:

No NO . Don’t you start lol , I had to work in the office today 😞 , came home to ........ move the pendant light in the bedroom ( apparently it’s not in the middle ) , mow the lawns , water the garden , i got home at 4:30 , and only sat down about 20 mins ago ........ god help me , please can I go to work . Lmfao

hope you have your recycling out!

11 hours ago, Big durbs said:

To be fair I initially thought it would be a great opportunity to declutter my house but as our recycling is coming less often, our food waste and garden waste not at all and you can't go to the tip or drop things off at any charities so it makes it pretty hard to do anything too useful. We have jetwashed our decking and stained it which was probably about a year overdue but not able to do too much else. I also worry about doing anything that has potential to cause any injuries as I don't want to end up in hospital because of my own stupidity at this time. 

20 hours ago, Big durbs said:

I here you GP , i'm not sure if your working from home , working or furloughed .

but for me , ( working from home ,for the most part ) i thought this would be a good time to get some of those jobs on MRs D's list knocked off , not a bloody chance , working from home takes so much longer than flying my desk in the office , for one i have three screens in the office and im struggling with just one at home , i have got some jobs done , next on my list is the check / replace the wheel bearings on our green glasto truck , so ours dont end up like all the others you see going in with wheels missing , a simple bit of maintenance saves the truck for another year 🙂 

I actually always work from home so that bit hasn't changed although most people I interact with don't so we are a little quieter at times as the people who usually give us work or juggling with parenting etc. Some days can be crazy busy still especially if it's a day when everyone decides to review their website (I work on content for the website- it's a global company so obviously different countries are at different stages of lockdown etc) But because I work from home usually as soon as I finish work I leave it (for dog walks, gym, restaurants, gigs etc) so am still not used to lockdown. I decided that we definitely make time to do things we love and put off things we hate doing all the chores I hate like cleaning windows, deep cleaning etc I still don't have time for as I have taken up baking, netflix and reading instead!! :D 

On 4/6/2020 at 2:55 PM, gigpusher said:

Got back in today 💪🏻 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Well , it appears we are now going to see manic street preachers ... for free 🙂 .

they are doing a free concert for NHS workers ( and one guest ) lucky for me my wife is taking me as her guest lol

Sounds great and much deserved

Hello, 

Hope you're all well and hanging in there. I've been tied up running of the Education Hubs (but I'm doing remotely) and I've had severe fluctuations in my mood so I haven't been on here as much! 

Good to see you're all still pulling through! 

Glad your wife for tickets for that gig @Big durbs - well deserved!

Take care everyone and stay safe!!! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Big durbs said:

They were supposed to be supporting the killers in June at Ashton gate, but I’m guessing that won’t happen now , although they still haven’t announced a change of date or cancellation !

I guess no one has any idea about yours starting again. Hope those who had tickets get honoured 

12 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

Yeah good cheers. All healthy atm! You??

me and my two young fishlets had a mini glasto in the back garden. Out came the cider, glasto metal cups and such like! 

Photos ? All ok in cf life fortunately family don’t seem to have been impacted to the same extent as others ... half my Glasto group had the virus but have come through ok ... had been on a trip to Italy and the whole chalet were ill so pretty definate it was it ... unfortunately no garden so it’s my walk that gets me out ... and whilst the weather is so glorious I will be taking advantage within restrictions of course ... time seems to have stalled though . Oh and I’ve a night out/ in planned tonight so the thatchers will be out :) 

7 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Stay well and healthy Vinty,  don’t let the pressure of work get to you buddy , you can only do what you can do , if you do to much you will end up making yourself ill , then nothing gets done !

dont forget resale this Sunday lol 😉 

Imagine if they'd just left the systems on... it doesn't work like that but still....

22 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Stay well and healthy Vinty,  don’t let the pressure of work get to you buddy , you can only do what you can do , if you do to much you will end up making yourself ill , then nothing gets done !

dont forget resale this Sunday lol 😉 

No dice... 

692869FA-902E-4007-B9A4-DD66897627EE.png

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

The Glasto truck has had a service, found one bearing that won’t make the trip to the farm again , now looking into some sealed bearings that should be a bit more reliable and should stop the wet getting in and causing corrosion. I have emailed a bearing supplier and will keep you guys informed.

1328A60B-96B9-4021-B124-1E1B65166DFD.jpeg

9A17EE44-8048-4736-853B-87E4D9C4B576.jpeg

Talking of bearings how’s mrs d bearing up ?