Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

16 minutes ago, Jensescapade said:

Hi everyone 

I've been optimistic and have been hoping it will go ahead but listening to the news today and watching what's happening at work (I'm a community nurse).  It's going to be difficult for it to go ahead, and I think we will hear another update this week :(  You never know and let's all stay hopeful until we get a definitive answer. 

x

Yes .. for sure any positive stuff is much needed and thanks for efforts on the nursing front . Alex 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jaimebionic said:

I really don't think they will cancel it until at least June, they will hold out and hold and until the last possible moment, there is so much at stake and I don't think they will want to make a decision until they are really pushed. The risk is acts dropping out. 

They usually start the build April, I would presume they'd make a decision before commencing that otherwise it becomes a financial and logistical nightmare. 

18 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

They usually start the build April, I would presume they'd make a decision before commencing that otherwise it becomes a financial and logistical nightmare. 

Yes I think before the build starts will be their deadline and I can't see it getting any better before then. The only hope is if they have been able to negotiate a later date in the year like September and they could delay balance payment date to see if it is any better by then but even if that was possible I suspect that would be a long shot. 

They have been in my thoughts constantly as I know whatever they do will be trying to protect the best interests of as many people as possible but when I see how the wider public have been re-acting you know whatever decision they make will cause vitriol from some people. 

Not looking good for us :( 

I don't want to take myself off the spreadsheet just yet (you never know, things might somehow improve) but it is looking less and less likely that I will be trying for tickets for myself.

Seeing as I'd have to book flights and pre-festival accommodation I just don't think it will be worth the hassle seeing as it looks increasingly likely that it won't go ahead.

Happy to offer my hand to help others though if the resale goes ahead and I decide not to try for myself.

I just keep hoping I wake up from this terrible nightmare. My wedding is in June and honeymoon shortly after. Not getting glastonbury tickets was disappointing last year but knowing everything we've been planning may be cancelled is the worst heartbreak I've felt. 

Yes I know a wedding and honeymoon aren't life and death but they are important to me

Edited by Brianae
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brianae said:

I just keep hoping I wake up from this terrible nightmare. My wedding is in June and honeymoon shortly after. Not getting glastonbury tickets was disappointing last year but knowing everything we've been planning may be cancelled is the worst heartbreak I've felt. 

Yes I know a wedding and honeymoon aren't life and death but they are important to me

Oh don't worry it's not like only the person with the most problems in the world is allowed to be upset. Everything going on at the moment is stressful for even people with very little going on so whilst trying to plan a wedding etc would be very stressful.

2 hours ago, northernringo said:

Not looking good for us :( 

I don't want to take myself off the spreadsheet just yet (you never know, things might somehow improve) but it is looking less and less likely that I will be trying for tickets for myself.

Seeing as I'd have to book flights and pre-festival accommodation I just don't think it will be worth the hassle seeing as it looks increasingly likely that it won't go ahead.

Happy to offer my hand to help others though if the resale goes ahead and I decide not to try for myself.

I can understand your point of view. If by any miracle there is a resale I will still try but I would be amazed if they have a resale this year. I think they are more likely to delay balance payment date until they know more if there is any chance of it happening. 

3 hours ago, Big durbs said:

what have i missed ??? every one is talking canceled or postponed ??? 

Boris' latest speech. He hasn't banned large 'gatherings' but has withdrawn any support from the emergency services for them. A fair bit more too... saw this on another post on here...

Screenshot_20200316-202811_Facebook.thumb.jpg.3ff01a157505ddbf509abd43910e4e10.jpg

Must confess to feeling like this isn't going to happen. Not because we miss out in the resale but because we're all going to miss out on glasto 2020. 

Still - the PMA here is focus on the October 'resale'! 

Or perhaps the real PMA is focus on looking after our friends and loved ones in these times that are frightening for many people. 

🥰

I always thought Boris Johnson was a self-interested buffoon but my hatred of him has gone to stratospheric levels. I'm not a violent person but I would not be safe in a room alone with him right now and to any idiot who fancies having a go at restaurant/pub/theatre owners on Twitter right now telling them they should have planned better for a potential 3 months of no business. If they would cope so well I assume we can take their salaries to support them. How anyone can feel anything other than complete sympathy for people in the hospitality and entertainment industry right row is just completely beyond me??

On 3/16/2020 at 11:47 AM, Brianae said:

So sorry to hear this - you must be shattered. I'm sure the worst part is just not knowing what is going to happen but that it probably won't be good. 

I am due to go to a wedding a week on Saturday and my wife is a bridesmaid. I can't imagine that will go ahead yet the bride is being great, despite knowing the thing she has been working towards and looking forward to for a year is probably not going to happen. 

Strange times. 

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Not good news for us resalers but at least the spreadsheet can roll over to October's sale :) 

Will there be a sale in October though with the tickets rolling over to next year? I would imagine it would be best to have a resale next April?

Although they did specifically say that refunds until September so maybe there will be 2 resales for 2021?

From a personal point of view, and I feel very guilty, this could be good news. 

Getting to the farm this year was looking increasingly unlikely for us, firstly as we are resalers and secondly because my wife is pregnant with our first and she was doubtful about going even before the Covid outbreak. Due to the pregnancy working was also out of the question. That meant all our hopes were on the resale, and we might even have had to pull out of that.

At least now we can have a go at a resale (maybe 2) and will also have the option of working in 2021. 

For those reasons I'm seeing a positive side, but do feel guilty for it. 

I hope most people are fairly sanguine about it anyway - at least there is no FOMO now, what will be will be.