Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

The line up has made me get all giddy.  We can do this guys! :) positive thoughts.  

On a side note Im still ploughing through the mallets to try and win tickets.  Anyone else seen the new dark fruit version.  Bought a pack and then realised it had no competition code, oops x

3 minutes ago, Jensescapade said:

The line up has made me get all giddy.  We can do this guys! :) positive thoughts.  

On a side note Im still ploughing through the mallets to try and win tickets.  Anyone else seen the new dark fruit version.  Bought a pack and then realised it had no competition code, oops x

have you found any 4 packs with the comp on ? 

2 minutes ago, Danny T said:

Not for this to come across in a bad way, but in light of the current situation, and the festival to go ahead, do we think the amount of tickets in the resale may increase...?

who knows ... Id hope nobody has cause to drop out because of it ... but it might put off some more of the casuals and bucket listers ... its a massive decision for people and I wish them all well in the best choices for them ..... a quick post elsewhere on fri didnt show much interest in giving up tickets but things have changed since ... good luck 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Scotland have said no outdoor gathering over 500 , does this mean all the tickets sold in Scotland go back in the pot ? 

Only kidding guys , 

on a serious note , I do expect a reasonable number of people with health conditions to resign their tickets rather than take the risk. That in itself would be a tremendous shame as my wife attended 2010 only weeks after surgery for cancer and having chemotherapy and radio therapy, she had a awesome time , but would not have gone if Coronavirus was active back then .

I actually wonder if it might have a negative impact on the re-sale as people might gamble that they will leave it until May in the hope it gets cancelled and they get a full refund rather than losing £15. 

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I actually wonder if it might have a negative impact on the re-sale as people might gamble that they will leave it until May in the hope it gets cancelled and they get a full refund rather than losing £15. 

If that happens in any numbers though... Secret resale in late May/early June? Assuming the festival goes ahead! 

36 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

If that happens in any numbers though... Secret resale in late May/early June? Assuming the festival goes ahead! 

Yes. I half expected them to announce that they were waiting until May for balance payment so they could make a decision then. 

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

ooooh , secret resale , i had sooooo much pain with this in 17 , and then it never happened 😞

Opposite story here ... it’s helped me for friends before ... and a massive positive today .... it’s arrived !! Yes it’s here !!! But I wish I could have got 4 rolls !! So any resale team passing Taunton feel free to pop in and have a cuppa and use the loo ... share the love and the bog  roll 

image.jpg

Edited by crazyfool1

I had to pop back - I was a resaler last year and had Big Durbs helping me out. Sadly we missed out in the resale and again for the main sale this year. 

Like Mrs Durbs - I’m a NHS Nurse, and I just wanted send a glasto style hug over. We’ve some very tough times ahead of us. Much love to all the Resalers, whatever may happen xx

34 minutes ago, tinaw said:

I had to pop back - I was a resaler last year and had Big Durbs helping me out. Sadly we missed out in the resale and again for the main sale this year. 

Like Mrs Durbs - I’m a NHS Nurse, and I just wanted send a glasto style hug over. We’ve some very tough times ahead of us. Much love to all the Resalers, whatever may happen xx

Totally ... as a group of people let’s support each other whatever decisions are made and whatever happens in life beyond the fest ... much love all x 

• Upvote 1

Hugs to everyone today (well virtual hugs- I hear they are much safer anyway!) Whatever happens next is going to be way bigger than whether we get to party in a field for 5 days. Businesses could go under, people lose jobs and charities lose much needed income. 

Whatever decision the Eavii have to make will be a devastating one for them so whatever we do let's not contribute to them feeling any worse about it. Let's show true Glastonbury spirit and support them in whatever way we can until we can get back on the farm. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Hugs to everyone today (well virtual hugs- I hear they are much safer anyway!) Whatever happens next is going to be way bigger than whether we get to party in a field for 5 days. Businesses could go under, people lose jobs and charities lose much needed income. 

Whatever decision the Eavii have to make will be a devastating one for them so whatever we do let's not contribute to them feeling any worse about it. Let's show true Glastonbury spirit and support them in whatever way we can until we can get back on the farm. 

Superb words gp ... we as a group of people owe it to them to provide as much positivity as possible over the coming weeks and months .and of course to all on here we are above the social media shit ... 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I just want to throw this one out there .

i know we all want this glorious festival to happen ( me included ) , and I’m sure Michael, Emily and Nick will be working incredibly hard to make it happen as long as it’s safe to do so.

but we must not lose sight of the potential devastation and even death that is about to hit us all , please bear in mind the medical professionals that are on the front line , exposing themselves to this horrible virus then coming home exhausted to loving families, including Mrs Durbs and @tinaw . 

In the spirit of glasto, I send a huge virtual hug to every NHS worker , from surgeons to porters , my heartfelt thanks and gratitude for all you do and all you sacrifice to do it .

end of Big D ( slightly drunken ) rant 

peace and love

As someone who used to work on the ambulances and whose life is indebted to our NHS - I can never thank any member of staff enough. Much respect to Mrs @Big durbs and all her colleagues across the country. 

Take care of each other.

10 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Could not agree more! Hearts full and heads up 

9 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

As someone who used to work on the ambulances and whose life is indebted to our NHS - I can never thank any member of staff enough. Much respect to Mrs @Big durbs and all her colleagues across the country. 

Take care of each other.

Much love big d ... and many thanks to wife in advance of tough times to come ... just chatting to my sister who’s a type 1 diabetic diabetes nurse in Kent ... fortunately nothing as yet so that’s good but keep in touch I’m at the end of the phone if you need a chat ever 

2 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Weird time for the festival, resale could be easiest in years? festival probably won't be on? Are they gonna take balance payments in a few weeks or make a decision before then? Mad times.

I’ve accepted it’s not happening ... this thread will become a support network for people in a slightly different form ... 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Weird time for the festival, resale could be easiest in years? festival probably won't be on? Are they gonna take balance payments in a few weeks or make a decision before then? Mad times.

They will have announced the cancellation of the festival before the balance due date and before resale.

22 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

That's my thinking. If they go ahead with it, it'll be interesting to see what the resale is like though.

Well you have to pay full whack in the resale. Are people going to do that considering what's likely going to happen? Will the festival want to do that?

With balance due in 3 weeks they'll really need to have made a decision before that. Unfortunately I think we all know what's going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Well you have to pay full whack in the resale. Are people going to do that considering what's likely going to happen? Will the festival want to do that?

With balance due in 3 weeks they'll really need to have made a decision before that. Unfortunately I think we all know what's going to happen. 

Yeah, not looking good.

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

I still am very hopeful we may still get on the farm , that said , I am a realist and the chances of it being cancelled are increasing day by day , if we get to balance payment day and beyond it would say we can be confident that it will go ahead , with what I would expect a very different lineup of a mainly Uk artists, that’s not such a bad thing as we have a awesome pool of incredible artists and musicians.

I’m expecting it to go tomoro ... along with the big events announcement realistically 

Hi everyone 

I've been optimistic and have been hoping it will go ahead but listening to the news today and watching what's happening at work (I'm a community nurse).  It's going to be difficult for it to go ahead, and I think we will hear another update this week :(  You never know and let's all stay hopeful until we get a definitive answer. 

x

• Upvote 2