Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

Happy New Year fellow resalers!

Just got the e-mail saying we've been added to the spreadsheet - thanks for doing this! There's two of us so I'm sure once the spreadsheet is live we can pair up with another twosome. We'll have a few helping so can hopefully increase the chance for us and others and make sure we all get there!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PatrickF said:

Happy new year resale people. Seems like time has flown by since the main sale. The resale will be here in no time. Hoping everyone in the thread gets a ticket. 

I take it there will be a bit more info nearer the time about how to help in the resale? I got tickets for myself and six others on the day. (I got through multiple times). Three people from that group have already decided they aren't going due to travel plans - more in the pot for the resale crew. 

What way will payment work? So if I'm trying to get tickets for people off here, will I have to front the money then get paid back? Which I don't mind doing for trusted members! Or is there a better way of doing it? 

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think when the resale speadsheet goes live pick some / or one group and have the discussion with those concerned ... there is no ideal way unfortunately.... a slight risk which we are trying to mitigate by shutting it for new people in good time for relationships and trust to build a bit :) ... thanks for the help on here 

👋👋 pick me @PatrickF .... 👋👋 pick me...! You obviously have the midas touch.... 😎 We had over 20 trying on T-Day and only one person got on the booking page before being kicked off (first fail in 11 festivals...)

In all seriousness, fair play to you and all the other ticket holders that are willing to help those on here that are currently ticketless.. a proper community effort. (in all honesty, i will probably be more distraught if @crazyfool1doesnt get a ticket rather than me... there are degrees of deserving)

6 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

👋👋 pick me @PatrickF .... 👋👋 pick me...! You obviously have the midas touch.... 😎 We had over 20 trying on T-Day and only one person got on the booking page before being kicked off (first fail in 11 festivals...)

In all seriousness, fair play to you and all the other ticket holders that are willing to help those on here that are currently ticketless.. a proper community effort. (in all honesty, i will probably be more distraught if @crazyfool1doesnt get a ticket rather than me... there are degrees of deserving)

and everyone deserves @BlueDaze its just fortunate / unfortunate I have plenty of time to be on here and make things Glastonbury related if I had a partner or family im sure I couldnt dedicate half the time I do ...... we will work on a way of splitting the help as much as possible :) its a whole team effort . But thanks ;) 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

i must admit i agree with @bluedaze on this one CF , you have serously GOT TO GET A TICKET , it would be all sorts of wrong if you didnt get in mate , we will of course all be trying our very best to get everyone through the green gates come june , and i am sure we can ( between us all ) really pull together and really get the hit rate right up there  , but for pure fighting spirit it would be awesome if Crazyfool was leading the charge with trollys full of Thatchers and beer 🙂 through the gates ( in my minds eye to the tune from the dam busters lol )

thanks Big D ... it might be more of a fast cycle ... from the carpark with the Thatchers in my bike trailer but obviously id love to be there ... the tune would have to be one by october drift too :) ... ill be there somehow just a shame my earlier attempts didnt come to fruition so I could be more of a helping role ... Emily you have my number :) twitter ... efest username , address ... hat size :) 

22 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Ah, I feel like I have your details - and I'm totally on your side over time etc. I haven't been on here much since the ticket sale myself. 

Apologies I haven’t been very active either. I’ve been really stressed at work, only working 13 hour shifts 5-6 days per week. Getting mentally and physically exhausted. I do check this thread regularly but I haven’t been automatically logged in. On 3 weeks of nights now, so I won’t be active much. 

19 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hello, 

Just thought I'd update, I hadn't been on the emails for a few weeks and a few people have asked to be removed from the spreadsheet and a few more have been added. 

I am just waiting on a few peoples details but currently we have 88 people spread over 25 different groups. I am hoping there are a couple of pairs that can join up to increase their chances further - this is something we can all look into when it becomes accessible. 

Thanks!

I’m sorry. Have I missed my chance to be on the spreadsheet? I did email you, albeit from my NHS account if you remember. I’m in a pair, I couldn’t find another pair to join up with. 

1 minute ago, bloom92 said:

Apologies I haven’t been very active either. I’ve been really stressed at work, only working 13 hour shifts 5-6 days per week. Getting mentally and physically exhausted. I do check this thread regularly but I haven’t been automatically logged in. On 3 weeks of nights now, so I won’t be active much. 

hope the pressure and work load eases on you ... I changed my work role as I felt similar .... the balance needs to be right ... keep checking in if you can ... even if its just a quick hello ... theres great support on here festival related and otherwise if you need it . Alex 

3 minutes ago, bloom92 said:

I’m sorry. Have I missed my chance to be on the spreadsheet? I did email you, albeit from my NHS account if you remember. I’m in a pair, I couldn’t find another pair to join up with. 

you are on there dont worry ... ive got access to it too .. will sort that all out in good time :)  

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 5:36 AM, crazyfool1 said:

keep the news like that coming :) ... can you get out and about and put off a few more groups ? :) 

Late reply but I only just saw the message. The three groups I mentioned have no intention of attending this year. I work with a few members of the three groups and we spoke about it again recently. I haven’t met anyone else who wants to return their ticket(a). Well, I haven’t met anyone who actually has a ticket. 

One group can’t all get annual leave, another group is part of a much bigger group and don’t want to go without the rest and don’t think the majority of the group will get tickets in the resale. Last pair are two who I honestly don’t think ever wanted to go. 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

hope the pressure and work load eases on you ... I changed my work role as I felt similar .... the balance needs to be right ... keep checking in if you can ... even if its just a quick hello ... theres great support on here festival related and otherwise if you need it . Alex 

Thanks I really hope so too. It’s just the ‘winter pressure’ I guess. It will be much better when I start my new job in May. Still a while to go :(. Will definitely keep posting here and there, will be nice to share something to look forward to (i.e resale!) with you all. 

2 minutes ago, bloom92 said:

Thanks I really hope so too. It’s just the ‘winter pressure’ I guess. It will be much better when I start my new job in May. Still a while to go :(. Will definitely keep posting here and there, will be nice to share something to look forward to (i.e resale!) with you all. 

time will fly .. starts  getting lighter soon which for me is a massive pick me up ... any questions/ worries dont hesitate to send me a pm ... we are in this as a team 

Hello Resalers, and a happy new year to you all!

Apologies in advance for treading over old ground but I am interested finding out more about the resale club spreadsheet. Myself and 5 friends luckily got tickets for this year for the first time, but two other friends unfortunately missed out and I am keen to do as much as I can to help them get tickets, even if the chances are slim.

Am i right in assuming that groups can team up through this thread and try for resale tickets together?

15 hours ago, bloom92 said:

I can't remember if I found a pair for you; I'll check later. There are a few on the spreadsheet though.

Nights are a killer! I used to work in the NHS on a shift pattern of 2 days, 3 nights - 4 off - 3 days, 2 nights (6.30 to 6.30). It really did me over! 

On 12/20/2019 at 2:00 PM, crazyfool1 said:

It’s very possible ... me neither think I failed in main sale before I joined up ... worth exploring the work options if you can ... but I think around 35 people were successful on the spreadsheet last year .. with enough help we can at least equal that ... and yes I do know the demand is higher ... good luck 

thanks - work is not an option though as i will have 2 kids in tow! ha ha

19 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I have seen a few articles online about GF using the extra 7000 tickets they were granted back in 2018 , they did come with conditions that they were used in conjunction with public transport ie coach ( not sure if there is a system in place to use with rail ? ), it dose make me wonder why they didn’t use them in 2019 !

i wonder if this is why some of the backstage camping and Campervans have moved to accommodate the extra public camping? ( I am aware pyramid crew camp and Silverhayes have been shuffled about ) , could be this is why they weren’t used in 2019 ?

anyway up , that’s an extra 7000 in the pot for April, and maybe more will go for that and free up some GA tickets for those that need those tix . !

its all good 🙂

yep  hats for definite those  thoughts had crossed my mind on several occasions this morning between thoughts on where to buy a tunnelling machine :) 

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

anyway up , that’s an extra 7000 in the pot for April, and maybe more will go for that and free up some GA tickets for those that need those tix

But didn’t we know this before the initial sale? So if the 7000 were in the main sale, only a small number of those will reappear in the resale, amirite?

The offical line at the October sale was that all 135,000 tickets had sold out as per screenshot from the Guardian. The Somerset Live article is saying it could be 142,000 tickets. So potentially they (the extra 7000 coach tickets) could appear in the resale.

3D428376-D3B2-4ACA-8382-E6B0D9DB4FF3.jpeg

Edited by March Hare

2 hours ago, March Hare said:

The offical line at the October sale was that all 135,000 tickets had sold out as per screenshot from the Guardian. The Somerset Live article is saying it could be 142,000 tickets. So potentially they (the extra 7000 coach tickets) could appear in the resale.

3D428376-D3B2-4ACA-8382-E6B0D9DB4FF3.jpeg

Hope you’re right 🤞 

I don’t know why they bang on about the time it takes to sell out as if it was a direct function of the demand. Surely it’s just down to how well their system or server is working and the extent to which they throttle it back. I’m sure if they wanted to get the sale over in 5 minutes they could but people would complain. Banquet Records in Kingston have been selling 500 and 1000 seat gigs in 2 seconds and everyone complains they must all be going to touts and bots.

Edited by Mackem

8 minutes ago, Mackem said:

Hope you’re right 🤞 

I don’t know why they bang on about the time it takes to sell out as if it was a direct function of the demand. Surely it’s just down to how well their system or server is working and the extent to which they throttle it back. I’m sure if they wanted to get the sale over in 5 minutes they could but people would complain. Banquet Records in Kingston have been selling 500 and 1000 seat gigs in 2 seconds and everyone complains they must all be going to yours and bots.

Absolutely right ... but it’s all about hyping up the demand to an extent that they keep it selling out and getting a balance ... they are quite good at handling these kind of media announcements and in a funny way so is Michael :)