Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

its ok mate , another funny from facebook , made me chuckle so thought i would share the smiles ?

luckly Mrs D loves Glasto as much as me , infact it was her that dragged me kicking and screaming through the gates in 2015 for the first time ( so its kinda of her own doing lol )

Mrs D sounds like a sensible lady! Surely she's on here as well? isn't everyone?

5 hours ago, Big durbs said:

its ok mate , another funny from facebook , made me chuckle so thought i would share the smiles ?

luckly Mrs D loves Glasto as much as me , infact it was her that dragged me kicking and screaming through the gates in 2015 for the first time ( so its kinda of her own doing lol )

its ok ... it caused delayed smiles :) 

51 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Any chance of a screenshot so people can have a quick glance at any details :) 

Email just gave a date that applications will open but more info is on the wateraid festival volunteering Facebook page. It’s a public Facebook group 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

17 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'd actually quite like to volunteer but I can't commit to the time... 

Hope everyone is keeping their spirits high (both mentally and physically) in the run up to this year's festivities.

Good to see you back - even if only briefly!

We'll get you there mate :) 

• Upvote 2

On 12/9/2019 at 9:41 PM, vintagelaureate said:

Sometimes it's good to stick your head in and say hello...

So hello!

Sorry for my absence, I will try to be on here a little more and be a bit more positive. We've got to drag each other through till April, then bounce through till June after all! 

Hope you're all keeping well. 

Reading the last few pages; I'd love to work it but it's just not an option due to work - I struggle to get the days of as it is. I was talking to someone who works for Festaff last week and they love it, them and their partner have done wristbands for the last few years and said they wouldn't go back to being a 'punter'. 

Doing the same here - just checking in. 

I worked last year, and would again. Wristbanding sounds like a great gig to me. Was in a restaurant in hospitality last year and it was tough work.

The main thing stopping me from sorting work for next year now is that I can't get time off work - as in it is impossible to apply for it and get it. Last year I had to call in sick and ended up with an absence meeting later in the year. Have no worries about the ethics of pulling a sickie, but would struggle to explain a 3-4 day absence in the same week as the previous year...

On 12/10/2019 at 9:08 AM, SecretFish said:

Very much so! 

surely everyone on efest reads this thread first and then delves deeper into the labyrinth of topics....?

That's exactly it for me, and before I know it I've spent hours on here as there's so much to catch up on. It's just taken me 20 minutes to read the last 10 pages of this thread lol

2 hours ago, wilby-wilbert said:

Can anyone perhaps point me in the direction of the fabled camper van ticket resale alerts link?

I run a site called checkpage.co.uk which alerts (and helps fund here), although it's offline at the moment because See Tickets did a crafty thing to make it alert every time.

It'll get fixed within the next 6 weeks, in plenty of time before any more sales.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I run a site called checkpage.co.uk which alerts (and helps fund here), although it's offline at the moment because See Tickets did a crafty thing to make it alert every time.

It'll get fixed within the next 6 weeks, in plenty of time before any more sales.

Can I also strongly suggest adding the ability to do a rolling subscription or at least send an email when the month is up - as mine and a few others fell rather silently into 'off' mode once we'd used up our initial month

how are the chances in the resale? I know there are less tickets but there are surely less people trying.. some may have already given up , made other plans etc? Is it just as difficult.

What do people think? I've never been here before :( always managed to get a ticket.

Edited by gorfield

13 minutes ago, gorfield said:

how are the chances in the resale? I know there are less tickets but there are surely less people trying.. some may have already given up , made other plans etc? Is it just as difficult.

What do people think? I've never been here before :( always managed to get a ticket.

It’s very possible ... me neither think I failed in main sale before I joined up ... worth exploring the work options if you can ... but I think around 35 people were successful on the spreadsheet last year .. with enough help we can at least equal that ... and yes I do know the demand is higher ... good luck