Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

20 minutes ago, BigChief said:

Never understand why people buy tickets and know they are going to return them a month later, I am convinced some folk do it just to post the confirmation on social media.

Doesn’t it cost them £20 for the pleasure? I thought you only got £30 back if you didn’t pay the full balance off ?

23 minutes ago, BigChief said:

Never understand why people buy tickets and know they are going to return them a month later, I am convinced some folk do it just to post the confirmation on social media.

its odd ... I guess life issues might occur ... things like pregnancy ... but all the better for us on here :) im guessing most will be new people rather than the seasoned Glastonbury goer .... and the hope is there will be lots of new people doing this :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

keep the news like that coming :) ... can you get out and about and put off a few more groups ? :) 

Surely you arnt advocating fake news?   

Reading that some already are suggesting they will be putting tickets back in the pot it strikes me that there is a significant section of folk registered who just apply for tickets but don’t really care if they go or not .  All that they lose is a proportion of the deposit. For the sake of those on here desperate for tickets I hope this is true! 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Surely you arnt advocating fake news?   

Reading that some already are suggesting they will be putting tickets back in the pot it strikes me that there is a significant section of folk registered who just apply for tickets but don’t really care if they go or not .  All that they lose is a proportion of the deposit. For the sake of those on here desperate for tickets I hope this is true! 

no ... it just seemed the poster in that regard seemed to be bumping into quite a few that had returned tickets ... so something must be rubbing off :) ... the only news thats acceptable to put people off is the real news of  mud and how tough it can be :) . I suppose to some losing the deposit is just a small amount in terms of the overall cost ... but bonkers never the less :) 

I hope this is true. I have never been but my girlfriend has been 4 times and we really thought this would be our year. We couldn't buy tickets in the initial release as our friends wedding was over the weekend. 6 days AFTER the release, we get a call to say the wedding is off and a baby is on the way! Pray that luck is turning in our direction!!

1 minute ago, Danny T said:

I hope this is true. I have never been but my girlfriend has been 4 times and we really thought this would be our year. We couldn't buy tickets in the initial release as our friends wedding was over the weekend. 6 days AFTER the release, we get a call to say the wedding is off and a baby is on the way! Pray that luck is turning in our direction!!

you should have just went for them initially and excused yourself from the wedding! 

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

wedding or Glasto , thats a no brainer . in fact i was one of the only people from the office that one of my engneers invited to his wedding , but i later got tickets for the pilton party last year with liam , guess what i did ???? i will say liam was awesome live !

come on ... this is the Hallowed ground of Glaston we are talking here !!!

About a year ago my son announced that his wife was expecting a child.  Guess what my first thought was? Overjoyed at the prospect of another grand child? No it was the anxious wait to find out the actual date of delivery and the fear that it would clash with glasto! Luckily wee Daniel appeared at the beginning of June and our Glastonbury was worry free.   

nips onto social media to check relationship status of closest family :) ... pretty safe as brother and sister quite happily married ... and don’t think any cousins are close to marriage :) not that I’d be there anyway ... one Is just becoming a catholic priest ... so he’s ruled out for the foreseeable too :) 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

We went there this year , step son and his wife due date was July 2nd , they were of course instructed to NOT to be early , our grandson arrived a week after we got home from Glasto. 

On the upside, we are now grandparents ?

The stare I got from the Mrs when we were told the news of the impending birth and I immediately asked if the child was due in late June was something to behold. Everyone knew exactly what was going through my mind! Glastonbury really does things to you! 

9 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

nips onto social media to check relationship status of closest family :) ... pretty safe as brother and sister quite happily married ... and don’t think any cousins are close to marriage :) not that I’d be there anyway ... one Is just becoming a catholic priest ... so he’s ruled out for the foreseeable too :) 

Not to each other I hope?

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SecretFish said:

Good afternoon everyone..    I haven't been able to post on here for a couple of days. What's the latest? Anyone sorted a ticket for me yet? ?

fancy abandoning us :( ..... no news ... im awaiting confirmation from a friend about a farm trip on sunday ..... followed by the xmas card early next week ...... Also a second page bump ... keep the focus up :) 

Yay ... a confirmation from my friend of a trip to the farm 10am sunday ... will get the batteries on charge and the pyramid powered up ready to go .... ok just for a few hours but always fun ... and I love to take photos too ... now Emily if you are reading this can you make yourself available .anybody have any recommended breakfast stops nearby ? .. thanks 

Alex 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Enjoy the farm buddy , take lots of photos, I probably won’t get on site until March 

ill probably be making a few trips :) and finding lots of people to go with ... my friends who I got bus tickets for are taking me this time .... I might have to stop them making a dash for the farm ... think they were almost more upset than me about the ticket failure :) 

51 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yay ... a confirmation from my friend of a trip to the farm 10am sunday ... will get the batteries on charge and the pyramid powered up ready to go .... ok just for a few hours but always fun ... and I love to take photos too ... now Emily if you are reading this can you make yourself available .anybody have any recommended breakfast stops nearby ? .. thanks 

Alex 

enjoy your day out!

So envious, I can just shut my eyes and imagine walking along bread street,  turning right into Pyle road, down  hitchin hill, over the style and go right into the site!  Turning down left through the trees to the JP field and onwards to the pyramid and the rest of the fields of dreams. 

Obsessed? Moi?

After walking the site including the steps up to WV and waving to passing joggers, return through the site to the Tythe barn. Through the woods into the village,  pass the church and up into the Crown for a meal and a few drinks.  

I don’t count sheep when I can’t get to sleep. I just do this in my imagination. Fast asleep by the stone circle! ?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

enjoy your day out!

So envious, I can just shut my eyes and imagine walking along bread street,  turning right into Pyle road, down  hitchin hill, over the style and go right into the site!  Turning down left through the trees to the JP field and onwards to the pyramid and the rest of the fields of dreams. 

Obsessed? Moi?

After walking the site including the steps up to WV and waving to passing joggers, return through the site to the Tythe barn. Through the woods into the village,  pass the church and up into the Crown for a meal and a few drinks.  

I don’t count sheep when I can’t get to sleep. I just do this in my imagination. Fast asleep by the stone circle! ?

Gonna Park by skatepark I think and then do a loop ... up towards Pangea as I didn’t do that last time ... stone circle .. dragon  se comer and back past pyramid ... don’t have hours as friend has to be back at lunchtime to put up xmas decs ... but I think we might get delayed :) 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Gonna Park by skatepark I think and then do a loop ... up towards Pangea as I didn’t do that last time ... stone circle .. dragon  se comer and back past pyramid ... don’t have hours as friend has to be back at lunchtime to put up xmas decs ... but I think we might get delayed :) 

49E5324B-9FF9-4AEC-AF56-0F801C1F08C2.thumb.jpeg.b7197efc209836299eda235f903c95c2.jpeg

love this sculpture in a village garden! 

20 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

F3C37773-3EE5-448F-8536-B2465283FDDE.jpeg.2d4e2e84e8f47c1a0ef7a6cec64f85f7.jpeg

thats the decorations done, now time for the farm! 

30 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

F3C37773-3EE5-448F-8536-B2465283FDDE.jpeg.2d4e2e84e8f47c1a0ef7a6cec64f85f7.jpeg

thats the decorations done, now time for the farm! 

I do my own type of decorations ... but as I haven't created a fancy dress thread this year ... im trying to decide what thread to keep them in as I dont want to cause anyone issues with my repetitive hat posts .... :) oh and I wonder if my repetitive smileys are an issue too ? :) 

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I do my own type of decorations ... but as I haven't created a fancy dress thread this year ... im trying to decide what thread to keep them in as I dont want to cause anyone issues with my repetitive hat posts .... :) oh and I wonder if my repetitive smileys are an issue too ? :) 

I appreciate being appreciated! ? smileys upvotes love em all!  

What issues with anyone? How could the hat offend? It’s a free country, well at least until 12th December, thengod knows what government we have!

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I appreciate being appreciated! ? smileys upvotes love em all!  

What issues with anyone? How could the hat offend? It’s a free country, well at least until 12th December, thengod knows what government we have!

im not sure ... anyway here's a post of some christmas lights and a christmas gold theme ive been working on today :) 

IMG_5430.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2019 at 3:48 PM, Big durbs said:

was trying to get hold of you for ages , i have spare tickets ( all be it for last year ) BUT they are unsed !!!

and i agree with crazyfool , how could you fabandon us ????

Sometimes I have to do this thing called work. Disgraceful how it distracts me!! 

I wouldn’t abandon you @crazyfool1 or @Big durbs !! 

enjoy the farm @crazyfool1    Raid the office for some tickets 

• Upvote 1