Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

10 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Is it also 4 for the coach resale?

I could have sworn that in previous years it was 6 for general tickets and 4 for coach in the October sale, then 4 for general sale and 2 for coach in resale.

This year was 6 in coach and 6 in general though so by that logic it should be 4 in both coach and general resale.

Although I'm sure last time I posted this someone told me I was wrong and it's always been 6 in October coach sale. Anyone know for sure?

Edited by DareToDibble

7 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I could have sworn that in previous years it was 6 for general tickets and 4 for coach in the October sale, then 4 for general sale and 2 for coach in resale.

This year was 6 in coach and 6 in general though so by that logic it should be 4 in both coach and general resale.

Although I'm sure last time I posted this someone told me I was wrong and it's always been 6 in October coach sale. Anyone know for sure?

see last post on last page ... I think 2 because of the numbers that they can fit on the coaches ... the likelihood of 4 or 6 spaces on a 52 seat bus is probably very slim .. so easier to sell them in 2s 

Edited by crazyfool1

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

see last post on last page ... I think 2 because of the numbers that they can fit on the coaches ... the likelihood of 4 or 6 spaces on a 52 seat bus is probably very slim .. so easier to sell them in 2s 

Yeah it's a fair point. I was going on the basis that I think the October sale used to be 4 for coach but they did 6 this year. 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Makes sense! Looks like I'll have to split my group into pairs for the coach resale

4 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Makes sense! Looks like I'll have to split my group into pairs for the coach resale

unless you plan on working ... or have a talent that might get you in ? @paulmccartney ... yes .... depending on location id probably be prepared for getting them from a potentially different location to you if possible aswell 

Edited by crazyfool1

5 minutes ago, poppyh24 said:

Do we think the demise of campervan west will help us? Will some peeps be so pissed off with being shunted over to B&W That they won't pay their balance... Am I just clutching pathetically at straws?

as long as they are environmentally friendly ones ... clutch away :) ... any hope is some hope ... but not bob hope 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

as long as they are environmentally friendly ones ... clutch away :) ... any hope is some hope ... but not bob hope 

Paper ones obvs? I'm keeping the faith... West' demise will affect all camper vanners, more demand on east, more traffic to the east side, the risk of having to go to B&W instead...Although the camper vanners seem to be a hardy old bunch so perhaps all this won't matter ?

Just now, poppyh24 said:

Paper ones obvs? I'm keeping the faith... West' demise will affect all camper vanners, more demand on east, more traffic to the east side, the risk of having to go to B&W instead...Although the camper vanners seem to be a hardy old bunch so perhaps all this won't matter ?

they put up with the queues of 2016 ? so yep I would say they are quite hardy :) ... hows your quest going ? trying any other potential options ?

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

they put up with the queues of 2016 ? so yep I would say they are quite hardy :) ... hows your quest going ? trying any other potential options ?

Yep, I've got a van and caravaners are quite hardcore with challenge, it's all part of the fun! .  I'm finding this resale malarkey quite a challenge! Nothing up my sleeve and thinking of the volunteer route if April is a non starter... Although hubster came home yesterday with news of a distant aquaintance who's working next year with his event management company so might be a glimmer of hope (if I can remind said aquaintance that he was invited to our wedding many moons ago... ?)

1 minute ago, poppyh24 said:

Yep, I've got a van and caravaners are quite hardcore with challenge, it's all part of the fun! .  I'm finding this resale malarkey quite a challenge! Nothing up my sleeve and thinking of the volunteer route if April is a non starter... Although hubster came home yesterday with news of a distant aquaintance who's working next year with his event management company so might be a glimmer of hope (if I can remind said aquaintance that he was invited to our wedding many moons ago... ?)

look at all options .. network as much as possible,  everyone i know is getting even more bored this year now I dont  have tickets than they would previously have been had I got tickets .... perhaps send him a reminder photo of him at the wedding ... with dont forget us message on it :) 

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

what was your pledge ... ? I saw it somewhere  but lost it ... might tweet it out at some point and see if we can get you some help :) 

So here it is: Official plan. 

At 23:45 20th June, a week exactly before the end of Paul McCartney's Pyramid Stage finale, I'll set off running towards the Farm from 20 Forthlin Road, Liverpool (Macca's childhood home). I'm going to raise money for Oxfam and I'll only have a rucksack and a change of clothes with me and I'll dress for the fest in stuff that I buy in the charity shop on site which I'll re-gift back at the end (after a thorough washing). To get there at a reasonable time, I'll aim to do 80 miles a day and I'm down for this whether I sort myself out in the resale or if you guys manage to sort out me and the rest of our four out. With a bit of luck, we raise a lot of money too... 

The Long And Winding Road...

Just now, Superscally said:

So here it is: Official plan. 

At 23:45 20th June, a week exactly before the end of Paul McCartney's Pyramid Stage finale, I'll set off running towards the Farm from 20 Forthlin Road, Liverpool (Macca's childhood home). I'm going to raise money for Oxfam and I'll only have a rucksack and a change of clothes with me and I'll dress for the fest in stuff that I buy in the charity shop on site which I'll re-gift back at the end (after a thorough washing). To get there at a reasonable time, I'll aim to do 80 miles a day and I'm down for this whether I sort myself out in the resale or if you guys manage to sort out me and the rest of our four out. With a bit of luck, we raise a lot of money too... 

The Long And Winding Road...

ill tweet it after  after xmas ... give me a nudge as I might forget but ive had some luck with emily liking a post recently ... you have tried getting in contact with oxfam I presume ? and good luck .... a more than admirable effort ... dont forget to post a link to your charity page im sure many will like some good resale karma and contribute :) 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ill tweet it after  after xmas ... give me a nudge as I might forget but ive had some luck with emily liking a post recently ... you have tried getting in contact with oxfam I presume ? and good luck .... a more than admirable effort ... dont forget to post a link to your charity page im sure many will like some good resale karma and contribute :) 

I stewarded for them last year so I have the contacts...cheers fella!!

I hate this living in limbo

I hate that I can't buy a camper van ticket tomorrow as I don't have a festival ticket yet

Now I'm stressing that there will be less campervan places with the changes to West Campers and even if I'm successful in April with tickets I won't get a campervan ticket.  I'm coming from Australia for my 50th so I don't have camping gear in the UK and I've already booked and paid for the van!!  I can't even book pop up accommodation on site 'just in case' without a ticket!  If I could hibernate for the winter I would....except it's summer here!!

I know I can take a campervan into Oxfam camping if we're successful getting a spot with them so there's still a couple of options I suppose......

I also hate to see people moaning about one of the most successful artists in the world headlining on Saturday......if it bothers you that much don't go and see someone else...put your tickets back in the pot!!!  There's plenty of us that will appreciate them.

Sorry for the moan.....will try to be positive!

Edited by nusha

2 hours ago, nusha said:

I also hate to see people moaning about one of the most successful artists in the world headlining on Saturday......if it bothers you that much don't go and see someone else...put your tickets back in the pot!!!  There's plenty of us that will appreciate them.

I feel the pain.  This is my first time (in, to be fair, limited attempts) not to get tickets.  Very positive for the resale though!!  I agree with your take on the McCartney feedback.  Felt the need to be a jerk and edit your comment below....

I also hate to see people moaning about one of the most successful artist in the world history headlining on Saturday...

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

card has arrived today :) anyone going to the farm over the next week ? so they can pop it through the door and I can avoid those pesky  office people ? ive got a farm visit planned on sunday in 2 weeks time so I want it to get there before that ... anyone else anywhere nearby on that sunday that fancies saying hello on the farm ? 

IMG_5368.jpeg

Looks amazing ???

19 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

card has arrived today :) anyone going to the farm over the next week ? so they can pop it through the door and I can avoid those pesky  office people ? ive got a farm visit planned on sunday in 2 weeks time so I want it to get there before that ... anyone else anywhere nearby on that sunday that fancies saying hello on the farm ? 

IMG_5368.jpeg

I dunno, this just raises red flags for me and is a bit weird, especially if hand delivered. It a bit Andrew Cunanan...

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ah well each to their own :) have a good festival 

Haha nice brush off. I like the cut of your jib crazyfool. Plus, you could do worse than being a bit Andy.C, he's one of my favourite DJs.

Good luck in the resale. 

• Upvote 1