Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

On 10/23/2019 at 9:39 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’ve got a two year old grandson, his mum won’t let me take him to Glastonbury, not that I actually was desperate to take him but I really wanted to build one of those decorated illuminated carts kids are hauled around it and have an excuse to see basil brush . Aspects of glasto I havnt yet experienced! 

I've taken my three kids a few times, and it's a totally different take on Glasto - worth doing it just once - spent most if not all time in the non music areas, craft field, greenfield kids area, kidz field, circus tent + areas, cinema tent etc..

I did miss going out until early AM, since with the kids I was generally back in the tent for 11-12

For those taking the rickety carts with kids - I'm not a bit fan. no suspension

Basil brush was a bit of a let down last year

7 hours ago, wweerr208 said:

I've taken my three kids a few times, and it's a totally different take on Glasto - worth doing it just once - spent most if not all time in the non music areas, craft field, greenfield kids area, kidz field, circus tent + areas, cinema tent etc..

I did miss going out until early AM, since with the kids I was generally back in the tent for 11-12

It’s great that kids can go, when mine were young, a long time ago, we dumped them with gran the two times we managed to go. We didn’t have a car, there  were kids there but not the facilities there is now. Basil brush is the Chris Martin of the kids field.  

8 hours ago, wweerr208 said:

I thought basil was on good form this year! Prob helped that I had a massive ice cream and the boys were with their grand parents (who enjoyed it more than the kids!)

23 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

no you can sign up with just a 4 ... but its advantageous being a recognised poster and to team up with another member might get more help potentially 

Thanks

When we’re helping each other, is there a system? Or would be pick/be picked based on who knows who? If you know what I mean!

Just now, bloom92 said:

Thanks

When we’re helping each other, is there a system? Or would be pick/be picked based on who knows who? If you know what I mean!

when it goes live which is probably going to be after Christmas now as @vintagelaureate whos organising it is taking a break for a bit we will discuss how it works and the best ways of getting maximum success ... 

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

when it goes live which is probably going to be after Christmas now as @vintagelaureate whos organising it is taking a break for a bit we will discuss how it works and the best ways of getting maximum success ... 

I see, thanks. 
Sorry if it was already mentioned. It’s so hard to keep up with anything other than sleep and work at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, bloom92 said:

I see, thanks. 
Sorry if it was already mentioned. It’s so hard to keep up with anything other than sleep and work at the moment. 

its fine ... it takes quite a few hours keeping  up with things on here :) .... and actually dont think its something discussed so far 

33 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

We shall not fail. We shall not fail. we shall not fail 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretFish said:

We shall not fail. We shall not fail. we shall not fail 

Definately not but it’s also about managing numbers / verses expectations . Last year I believe the numbers that succeeded on there were around 40 ? But the list was a lot bigger than that .... so it’s up to people ultimately to ensure they get the tickets in as many ways as is possible and sort as many helpers for themselves as is possible ... it’s nervy times once we get to April ... but the more help we get the better the chances 

Anyone else still massively down after missing out ?  I don't think an hour goes by without thinking "what if" 

Got lucky last year so I've had a bite of the cherry but I had such an amazing time, I so want to go back. I honestly came back a changed man, as if a massive weight had been lifted from my shoulders and I was so destressed and relaxed afterwards with the feelgood factor of it all.  Now darkening nights and shit weather is upon us, plus all this Brexit bollocks and the realism of missing out on tickets , i'm back to a right mardy arse. :( 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

isn't this only relevant now for the secret sales which haven't happened unfortunately on the last 2 occasions ?

who knows? If they're secret no one will know there's been a sale unless the page is being tracked. :P 

There's been a few people tracking some pages for the last few weeks but it's triggered off a load of alerts just now, cos a full stop is being added-in and out of the page (at least for checkpage, if not for other viewers of the page. I can't replicate it outside of checkpage.).

I've had to turn it off for the moment.

I'll have a think about what I can do over the weekend.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

who knows? If they're secret no one will know there's been a sale unless the page is being tracked. :P 

There's been a few people tracking some pages for the last few weeks but it's triggered off a load of alerts just now, cos a full stop is being added-in and out of the page (at least for checkpage, if not for other viewers of the page. I can't replicate it outside of checkpage.).

Cheers :) 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Keep us posted. Sounds like they are testing the waters