Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

40 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I’ll drop you a message today or tomorrow just to explain the situation, but if we team up it’ll be easier for the lucky @DareToDibble to help us out. ?

Thanks lovely, he really does have all the luck, the wonderful @a6l6e6x who was an absolute hero on the day for @Hugh Jass has also offered their assistance, love this place.

Charm x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Charm said:

Thanks lovely, he really does have all the luck, the wonderful @a6l6e6x who was an absolute hero on the day for @Hugh Jass has also offered their assistance, love this place.

Charm x

We will get this sorted Charm, and we can all share a cider in the June sun!

Four ciders that is, not a single one with four straws! 

1 hour ago, semmtexx said:

Bloody hell. I wish I'd stuck it out a bit more. I had the reg numbers in but then it kept on saying 'event not found' just as everyone was saying sold out. I kept on for about 3 mins but no joy.  

Me too. Kept clicking proceed whilst repeating ‘you never know’ till ‘no event found’. :(

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I’ll drop you a message today or tomorrow just to explain the situation, but if we team up it’ll be easier for the lucky @DareToDibble to help us out. ?

This does indeed help as the chances of me getting through on 2 occasions are slim! Plus I’ll get double the credit for half the work if I am successful ;) 

15 minutes ago, Charm said:

Charm x

I’ll certainly help but I may have used all my luck up with last years competition. Either way I’ll be primed with laptop, iPad and 2 phones come ticket day.

Thinking about it... are either of you trying for coach or just general?

7 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

Any of the resale club in this photo of the efest meetup? 2019

tmp_11495.jpg

I was there but I’m a bit closer to the tent so you can’t see me in this picture. It was awesome to meet everyone though!

Just now, Peroni said:

Checking into this thread for the first time in 10 yrs :( xx

Sorry to hear that.

Although you’ll be surprised how much better this thread makes you feel about missing out. The positivity in here is awesome and was a great supportive atmosphere last year when I was a member.

Keep the faith :) 

I'm super pragmatic about it. I know I'll still be at the farm come june however  it happens.  

It's been the most weird weekend, and although I've never taken it for granted... missing out this year so far had reestablished how much it really means.

I am happy to help who ever I can!! X

its actually a fair idea to split the groups down  if possible ...  it will enable us to put 2 efesters in each group and extend the help levels ... I do understand that some may need the group of 4 friends but I guess now we are in resale territory its a sacrifice worth making ? any thoughts ?

26 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

We will get this sorted Charm, and we can all share a cider in the June sun!

Four ciders that is, not a single one with four straws! 

So how would it work...would you use the preloaded card and we'd all have the details? Obvs up for helping you*, and if Charm is in your group then even better. 

I do currently still have a group of four to try for, but I suspect they have a lot more chance of not being bothered by April and making other plans than you guys do. Also there will be a few of us trying for them. 

*Happy to see you back on here by the way!

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its actually a fair idea to split the groups down  if possible ...  it will enable us to put 2 efesters in each group and extend the help levels ... I do understand that some may need the group of 4 friends but I guess now we are in resale territory its a sacrifice worth making ? any thoughts ?

Sounds good. If people arleady have a group of four then great.

People sharing just doubles our chances...

14 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I’ll certainly help but I may have used all my luck up with last years competition. Either way I’ll be primed with laptop, iPad and 2 phones come ticket day.

That win was incredible, was so happy for you.

Doubt I will try for coach as Mr Charm is against it, will work on him though as I think it’s worth having a go, not sure about @vintagelaureate 

Charm x

• Upvote 1

On 10/6/2019 at 9:54 AM, Field of Avalon said:

Great to be back again ???. It’s such a ball ache having to wait till April but it’s a marathon not a sprint and having to endure the resale this year with success am not giving up hope yet ?.

Oh man ? So sorry to hear that. Out of around 13 people trying in different locations, only my other half even got thru to the reg page. He doesn’t even go! Luckily the transaction had no hitches, so 5 of us have tickets. Available to help in April ?

2 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

If it makes you feel any better, I kept trying for about 15mins after the sold out sign came up. Kept getting to the bit where I could enter reg details but then next page would say sold out. 

Part of the problem was shaky hands typing reg numbers etc. I'm going to set up short codes for the resale!

4 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Part of the problem was shaky hands typing reg numbers etc. I'm going to set up short codes for the resale!

I struggled for two in the bus sale ... with my short codes set up ... shaky hands caused payment issues with me submitting wrong bank info twice ... 40 seconds from timing out ... I struggled to even get ticks  in the boxes 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I struggled for two in the bus sale ... with my short codes set up ... shaky hands caused payment issues with me submitting wrong bank info twice ... 40 seconds from timing out ... I struggled to even get ticks  in the boxes 

It's a bugger isn't it. Plus I was using the laptop with a track pad. Not the easiest at the best of times! 

Resale = short codes and mouse!!!!

Just now, semmtexx said:

It's a bugger isn't it. Plus I was using the laptop with a track pad. Not the easiest at the best of times! 

Resale = short codes and mouse!!!!

exactly the same ... noticed my mouse wasn't working ... it was probably the last sale I used it and batteries had rusted ... 

Mine and the wife’s first year of not being successful in the main sale since 2007 and 2003 respectively. We’ve bagged tickets for others in various resales over the years so are trying to stay optimistic about our chances come April. Good luck to all and we’d definitely be up for sharing details in order to help and be helped :)

2 hours ago, SecretFish said:

Any of the resale club in this photo of the efest meetup? 2019

tmp_11495.jpg

I can actually see my bag and arm next to me two hatted mates. 
I’d just bumped into them, chucked me bag down cracked open a can which exploded and the top of it had actually curled into my hand, right bang it was. 

Edited by HeyPorter
Jackanory

3 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I was there but I’m a bit closer to the tent so you can’t see me in this picture. It was awesome to meet everyone though!

3 hours ago, Charm said:

That win was incredible, was so happy for you.

Doubt I will try for coach as Mr Charm is against it, will work on him though as I think it’s worth having a go, not sure about @vintagelaureate 

Charm x

I am tempted by coach - I was this time round but couldn't convince others to try with me! I think it has a slightly higher success chance. But I think if either of us (Charm and I) went for coach it wouldn't have a direct effect as it is only 2s for that? 

Edited by vintagelaureate