Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

Hello Resale Club 2020, 

Sadly, I am joining the ranks. I can't volunteer as getting the time off work is a battle as it is, so everything hinges on April for me. 

I couldn't get past the holding screen and it took me 13 minutes to get to that. 

See you over the coming days, weeks and months. 

Checking into resale purgatory again! I volunteered last year so was really hoping for some good karma this time round but it was not to be, we failed spectacularly in the coach sale and this morning only one of our four groups got tickets. I’m now in two minds as to whether to volunteer again, or commit to resale - Shelter aren’t as generous as Oxfam with their refund policy, you only get seven days grace! 

In the resale club for the first time since 2013. Waves of sadness combined with an awareness of how lucky we’ve been for the past 6 fests. We’ve managed to get 90% of our group there every year and I’m more grateful for the memories than wanting to curse the festival this time around.

Currently planning to get in on volunteering and then try out for resale. Determined to be there for #50 though, and if that means I’m seeing the fest in a different way then so be it! The positive thing with volunteering also is that it frees up some money to experience one of the European fests our group has been keen to try.

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

so what happens with regards payment for resales ... its sooo much money and trust either way with the cost ... any recommendations ?

Could we share personal details maybe? I'm happy to give out my details and professional registration number as I can actually be reported to my professional board for all things fraudulent! 

1 minute ago, bloom92 said:

Could we share personal details maybe? I'm happy to give out my details and professional registration number as I can actually be reported to my professional board for all things fraudulent! 

im totally happy to give out any personal details .... and im probably one of the most recognised forum members .... so id have to trust in card details then ? not sure how things work at this stage ...Alex 

9 minutes ago, bloom92 said:

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Im totally happy to give out any personal details .... and im probably one of the most recognised forum members .... so id have to trust in card details then ? not sure how things work at this stage ...Alex 

Same here. Would be happy to share information to validate my identity with people willing to do the same! 

1 minute ago, Gilb said:

Same here. Would be happy to share information to validate my identity with people willing to do the same! 

im Alex Mcguire from Taunton by the way :) 

12 minutes ago, bloom92 said:

Checking into the club. First time trying to go to Glasto and was part of a group of 7 and was the unlucky one not included on the booking ?

Managed to get in the booking page but timed out submitting my ref details.

I only need one ticket so would be happy to help anyone else needing a ticket.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

so what happens with regards payment for resales ... its sooo much money and trust either way with the cost ... any recommendations ?

We never really worked this out last year. However we put together a Google Spreadsheet which had everyones details in it and their phones numbers, so the you got through for that person you could ring them for payment.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

We never really worked this out last year. However we put together a Google Spreadsheet which had everyones details in it and their phones numbers, so the you got through for that person you could ring them for payment.

its very dependant on interaction on forum .. and desperation at the time I guess ... I want to as much as possible put my sensible head on at  the moment  ..... 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yes I've always wondered that. I suppose you could give card details without your ccv number and call and get that number if you get through. 

Maybe if we are sorted into groups in advance of the re-sale we can also share details that would help with the trust part. 

Just now, gigpusher said:

Yes I've always wondered that. I suppose you could give card details without your ccv number and call and get that number if you get through. 

Maybe if we are sorted into groups in advance of the re-sale we can also share details that would help with the trust part. 

thats an absolutely great shout ... the ccv bit .... there is nothing that can be done without that is there ? maybe if people also had a prepay card with the right amount on it this might be beneficial ... although dont know how they work at this stage