UK resident buying tickets abroad ..seemingly impossible!

ohmygod

I'm a UK resident visiting Sydney for a couple of weeks and just seen the Glastonbury website note that "International buyers must use a credit card with a non-uk billing address"

Therefore its seemingly impossible for me to buy tickets ....

Any thoughts or experience from people in similar situations out there??

16 minutes ago, henry bear said:

If you’re UK based but just on holiday in Australia then don’t worry about it. I assume you’d normally be using a UK debit card that is linked to your UK address? Then just use that. It’d obviously be different if you were now living in Oz full time, but you’re not.

I'll give it a go but paranoid of jamming the numbers for 10 minutes.  Do you know this to be the  case or are you just sumising?

1 hour ago, ohmygod said:

I'm a UK resident visiting Sydney for a couple of weeks and just seen the Glastonbury website note that "International buyers must use a credit card with a non-uk billing address"

Therefore its seemingly impossible for me to buy tickets ....

Any thoughts or experience from people in similar situations out there??

Surely you could use your own UK based credit or debit card, on the assumption that your ticket will be sent to a UK address. I'm not particularly gifted in this area, but presumably a website can't necessarily ascertain if you are from the UK or not. I mean, it can, but presumably people in the UK will have VPN's on their system, so it wouldn't make any difference. Or have I got it totally wrong, and that VPN's should be turned off. Oh shitty bollocks, I don't know. Sorry.

It’ll be fine to use your UK a debit card and address, but I’ve had trouble in the past when I’ve told the bank that I’m in another country, but attempting a UK based transaction. That was a few years ago so I don’t know if it would still be an issue. If at all possible, have a friend with a card in the UK help you out as well

3 hours ago, ohmygod said:

I'm a UK national currently visiting Sydney and just noticed on the Glastonbury website that it says "International buyers must use a credit card (with a non-UK billing address)."

Obviously I don't have one of these and therefore I'm seemingly stuffed!

Does anybody have any thoughts or advise?  Am I not classed as an international buyer as I'm registered in the UK and therefore can use debit or credit card?

You guts are the font of all knowledge so someone out there must know...

Secured mine on Thursday in Greece with uk debit card. Easiest ever, not even one refresh. 

• Upvote 1