Ticket success gifts

morph100

17 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Just seen someone on Twitter offering £50 for successful help

I absolutely hate the number of these I have seen in the last week. Nobody should be allowed to offer financial inducement to people for getting tickets. Buying someone something if they do it without knowing they were going to get something is fine by me. Last year I went out for a meal with the person who got our tickets before Glastonbury and I paid for him. 

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Far be it for me to make anybody want to puke up, or kill again, but I'm trying for 6 tickets tomorrow because three of them are very dear friends, and I love them dearly. I owe them my gratitude for their friendship, so expect nothing from them, if I do manage to get them tickets. 

I have tried for total strangers, some have become friends as a result but if you already have your tickets it's not much of a hardship to keep pressing F5 a bit longer and make someone else happy too. 

I've had a bit of success for other people in the resale and I've always just loved breaking the news to them that they have their ticket. 

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I've always just loved breaking the news to them that they have their ticket. 

That's exactly what I hope to be able to do tomorrow. These people are die hard Glastonbury fans, and even introduced me to the festival in the first place. I remember one mate just moaning at me to come along for a couple of years or so, before I relented. I have a feeling, but don't know, that this may be their last fandango. Would love to get them tickets for the 50th, if it was to be so.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

I absolutely hate the number of these I have seen in the last week. Nobody should be allowed to offer financial inducement to people for getting tickets. Buying someone something if they do it without knowing they were going to get something is fine by me. Last year I went out for a meal with the person who got our tickets before Glastonbury and I paid for him. 

Basically in the absence of being able to tout the tickets, we've moved on to touting connections. This happened years ago during the infamous 'back button' loophole when re-access to the buying process was being touted.

I’ve helped strangers in the past and there is no greater feeling when you manage to get them for someone else, feels so good to make others happy!!! Going to be helping friends out tomorrow morning after getting mine Thursday and I won’t be expecting anything 

Edited by Lucy92

I would make sure I met up to personally to thank the helping hand. They could see for real what it meant to help get that ticket for a real person not just a stranger online (easier said than done I know!) Good luck forum!

Edited by MikeandSan

I’ve had a fair few bottles of vodka from people I’ve helped in the past.  I try for other people for the sheer joy that is telling then they’ve got their tickets.   Made good mates helping someone I vaguely knew at work.   Didn’t manage to get there tickets last year which was devastating, fingers crossed we are all happy bunnies this time round.  

6 hours ago, morph100 said:

What do you buy that person who manages to secure you tickets?

alcohol is a common one but has anyone bought or been given anything else?

Jesus I got 5 folk's tickets in the last 2 years and all I got was a thanks.... do people give more?