The Zone

kalifire

You know what I'm talking about.

3 minutes to 9 o'clock. Social media closed. eFestivals off. It's you, your monitor, and F5 until glory or bust.

What's going on in that moment, for you? How do you achieve focus? Is there music you put on while you refresh? Do you shut the door to attention-seeking pets? Notify your family to leave you alone for a bit? Think positively to achieve zen?

Or is it just balls-out panic until victory or disaster?

Silence, zero distractions, giving WhatsApp the evil eye when someone asks a stupid question,. Then normally Mrs Morph throws the laptop at me screaming I’m in I’m in and I have to get through the following pages whilst shaking and panicking it’s going to crash out.

• Upvote 1

My son gets sent to his grandmas the night before.   Alarm set for 815.  Get up make a cuppa - get set up me in office on desk top with mobile phone and iPad.  Husband downstairs with laptop and mobile.   Panic, feel sick, nervous poo.  Group chats activated, make sure everyone’s present and correct from our group on their location.   

Watch the clock, 9 hits - swear and scream! Keep everything crossed and hope.  

21 minutes ago, billum said:

Definitely a bit of balls-out panic - but I do need to be without any distractions, and if anyone accidentally asks me a question in *that time*, well, unfortunately they'll see a snappy side of me that I'd prefer to think does not exist....

Organised, nervous but then full on, bit like the boxing thing the paras do, don’t stop until the other bloke is on the deck or the staff says stop

23 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

All breakfasts sorted before 9pm then shut the door. 6 music on in the background. Laptops on and ready. Mobiles all on 4G. Silence. F5 F5 F5 F5 ...F5 

Come on te fuck F5!!! F5 F5 F5

Jubilation 

Or crying........

Hope you're successful HMV :)

51 minutes ago, kalifire said:

You know what I'm talking about.

3 minutes to 9 o'clock. Social media closed. eFestivals off. It's you, your monitor, and F5 until glory or bust.

What's going on in that moment, for you? How do you achieve focus? Is there music you put on while you refresh? Do you shut the door to attention-seeking pets? Notify your family to leave you alone for a bit? Think positively to achieve zen?

Or is it just balls-out panic until victory or disaster?

You've just reminded me to banish the cats (who love walking over keyboards) to another room. Thank you :) 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Best of luck everybody.

Especially to the regulars on the forum. You make this place what it is.

I’m out of upvotes...

right back at ya 

• Upvote 1