Anyone else already resigned to fact tomorrow will be a failure?

Chrisp1986

And in answer to the question, no matter how positive I am...and my job means I spend my whole life looking for the upside, reality is kicking in.

Failed on Thursday although that’s the first time I’ve ever tried the coach sale. Did get through to the details page mind you and then to select a coach so almost there.

It’s gonna be tough...we’ll be organised, I know the Mrs will keep saying that we’re never gonna get through...but you got to run the race to the tape!

Now do I get up at 4.30 to watch the UFC...?

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

130,000 tickets. Probably 400,000 trying. I know there are 2 million registrations, but my mate has 4. Every time he moves house, a new 1.

So... you have better in a 1 in 4 chance. Plus the fact people are "pooled" in, helps your chance.

In the past I was shitting it at this point, but now honestly - Im prepared for the worst. I will just be avoiding this place for a while.

I know your trying to put a positive spin on it and keep everyone’s spirits up, but it will be way more than 400k. Your mate might have 4 registrations but I don’t and nobody I know has. It’s easier to just update your address using your exiting reg than it is to register from scratch with a new photo.

The amount of people trying would be well into the millions, most on multiple devices and don’t forget lots of people will rope family and friends in to try for them who themselves are not going.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The amount of people trying would be well into the millions, most on multiple devices and don’t forget lots of people will rope family and friends in to try for them who themselves are not going.

It's not going to be in the millions, but it's higher than 400,000.

Just keep going, if you are unsuccessful then you still have another 2 attempts

Just now, dotdash79 said:

It's not going to be in the millions, but it's higher than 400,000.

Just keep going, if you are unsuccessful then you still have another 2 attempts

I’d say the amount of individual connections trying to get a booking page would be well over a million. Obviously if you’re in a group of 6 all with multiple connections then it won’t be you vs every device in the country. Another depressing way to look at it is that if everybody buys 6 tickets that’s only 20,000 slots available. 

The only thing that fills me with slight optimism is that whenever we’ve got tickets it’s been me that’s got them, that spans the last 5 festivals, either in the main sale or the resale.

None of my mates have ever get me/us a ticket, so my logic is that sooner or later the law of averages must kick in and one of them has surely got to be lucky, haven’t they? They’re not as organised as me but I’ve coached them as much as humanly possible, so in actual fact I don’t know how it’s possible to have failed as many times as they have.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

I'm the most scared I have ever been going into ticket day. Last year was the first year that we didn't get our own tickets and in fact didn't get through even trying for others in the coach sale, resale and campervan ticket sale and it has knocked my confidence massively. Been on edge all week. 

Come on people, its not the time to resign yourself to failure, those feelings will only be self-fulfilling

I know my time will come some day, but not tomorrow. I have managed to get tickets every year since 2005, if we listen to the odds at 4:1 then its a million to one chance I am going to successful again tomorrow

Fuck it, I am going for it, if I fail this year then so be it, it wont be for trying...

Come on folks, positive thoughts, be prepared for tomorrow... we will win

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Shouldn't have looked in this thread! 1 post lifts the spirit and chances , the next brings you back down to earth! Our local parish team won their first cup today in 38 years (1981) so everyone is in cloud 9. Has been a great distraction tbh. Tickets tomorrow would be the icing on the cake! If not, the resale club beckons again! 

We can do this!