Anyone else already resigned to fact tomorrow will be a failure?

Chrisp1986

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I wouldn't say resigned, but I'm trying to keep in mind what not going next year would give me. More money, a different holiday or significant purchase, unexpected annual leave. Every cloud has a silver lining, but what a bloody cloud that would be.

Just now, billum said:

C'mon guys! It ain't over til it's over! *Somebody's* gotta get those tickets, right?

Exactly this. There is absolutely no reason why it couldn't be you, reading this, who gets tickets. The chance of success among those who're persistent is evenly spread.

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I don't want to jinx your chances of success, but I reckon everything is going to be just fine with your tickets.

I’ve not succeeded in ticket sales since 2015. I’ve volunteered for 2016 and 2017 (which I’ve loved) but I’ve wanted to go back as a punter for nearly half a decade now. I know my story isn’t any different to plenty of others but I would love to be a punter again!

thank you for the positive vibes though!

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve not succeeded in ticket sales since 2015. I’ve volunteered for 2016 and 2017 (which I’ve loved) but I’ve wanted to go back as a punter for nearly half a decade now. I know my story isn’t any different to plenty of others but I would love to be a punter again!

thank you for the positive vibes though!

This might be your year then, have to get lucky some time. 

Charm x

• Upvote 1

130,000 tickets. Probably 400,000 trying. I know there are 2 million registrations, but my mate has 4. Every time he moves house, a new 1.

So... you have better in a 1 in 4 chance. Plus the fact people are "pooled" in, helps your chance.

In the past I was shitting it at this point, but now honestly - Im prepared for the worst. I will just be avoiding this place for a while.

• Like 2

My record since I started to go again 

2015 nothing in October and booked for Kendal instead 

2016 bingo

2017 fail but success in resale - and didn’t know I’d got them until an email at 9.30

2019 got them about 9.15 and got another in the resale 

It looks like I know what I’m doing...there is NO pattern. I’ve been lucky...

5 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

My record since I started to go again 

2015 nothing in October and booked for Kendal instead 

2016 bingo

2017 fail but success in resale - and didn’t know I’d got them until an email at 9.30

2019 got them about 9.15 and got another in the resale 

It looks like I know what I’m doing...there is NO pattern. I’ve been lucky...

im trying to work out why you choose bingo over Glastonbury ?

• Upvote 3

Absolutely bricking it. Managed to get tickets three years in a row 09, 10, 11 - but not a whiff since.

A mate got me one in the coach sale for 2017 but that's it since then.

There's 36 of us trying (in six groups of six) and I don't think I can bare the shame if my mega spreadsheet fails us for the second year in a row!

PMA I guess. 

I feel weirdly calm. I don't know if thats because I know I'm as prepared as I can possibly be or because i've accepted it probably wont happen.

Having a very relaxing night in... got a takeaway curry, gonna set up all the text shortcuts and stations, then maybe have a nice bath and go to bed. My friends were saying earlier that back at uni they used to get tickets after coming home at 6am after raving all night... This is a very different vibe!

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

130,000 tickets. Probably 400,000 trying. I know there are 2 million registrations, but my mate has 4. Every time he moves house, a new 1.

So... you have better in a 1 in 4 chance. Plus the fact people are "pooled" in, helps your chance.

In the past I was shitting it at this point, but now honestly - Im prepared for the worst. I will just be avoiding this place for a while.

I think it is more than 400,000 trying. If you had a 1 in 4 chance technically most groups of 6 would get in. 

I'm with you though - if I don't get tickets, I'll have to stay AWOL for a while.