If someones ticket has already been 'bought' will all be bounced out?

Fizzpop

Hiya,

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere. If you're lucky enough to get in, and you input 6 people, and one of them has already had a ticket secured in the last few minutes elsewhere, will the whole sale get bounced back, or will you be able to fulfil the ones that aren't already bought? 

I'm asking as there is 10 of us, so we have two groups, one of 6 and one of 4. If the group of 4 get in, might they be able to wildcard 2 from the other group without it causing problems if the miracle happens that the group of 6 get in simultaneously? 

6 minutes ago, Fizzpop said:

Hiya,

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere. If you're lucky enough to get in, and you input 6 people, and one of them has already had a ticket secured in the last few minutes elsewhere, will the whole sale get bounced back, or will you be able to fulfil the ones that aren't already bought? 

I'm asking as there is 10 of us, so we have two groups, one of 6 and one of 4. If the group of 4 get in, might they be able to wildcard 2 from the other group without it causing problems if the miracle happens that the group of 6 get in simultaneously? 

All will be blocked, I think for 10 mins according to GF website. Keep as a 4 & 6 I'd say

3C88C5A4-CC93-4047-8521-6E2B2A93D7FF.png

Edited by upshitcreek
  • Like 1

Mind how difficult it is to get in though. Do you really want to be in a position that one of your ten get in and only grab tickets for four of you, effectively wasting the opportunity to 2 more of your crowd to go?

Surely if you make a WhatsApp or Messenger group and keep each other updated in real time you can avoid this unlikely situation and also make sure at least 6 of you get to go?

This is the danger with larger groups... you really have to trust that everyone there is completely on board and that if they are sharing with others, it's as the same group. Otherwise if the group gets through after some people in it have been successful elsewhere, the rest of that group are stuck for ten minutes. Which would suck.

On a similar note, we have quite a few trying tomorrow. Does the credit card you're buying with have to be in the name of the lead booker? 

Could you potentially use the same credit card for multiple bookings? 

Couldn't see anything on the info page. 

Highly unlikely I'll be in this position mind! 

34 minutes ago, Rudi said:

On a similar note, we have quite a few trying tomorrow. Does the credit card you're buying with have to be in the name of the lead booker? 

Yes I used the the same credit card 4 times last year with no problems (obviously was very very lucky - so the gods will surely deny me this year) 

• Upvote 1

Does this apply to the booking page as well or is it only once they’ve been bought? Two friends both managed to get through and enter the same group’s details but their pages crashed soon after - not sure if this is down to the traffic on the site or if the registrations had been used by two people to try to buy tickets.

12 hours ago, Mr. Snrub said:

Does this apply to the booking page as well or is it only once they’ve been bought? Two friends both managed to get through and enter the same group’s details but their pages crashed soon after - not sure if this is down to the traffic on the site or if the registrations had been used by two people to try to buy tickets.

We are wondering this too. All six of us are trying for our group. I’m assuming we will all be able to enter our details and get through to the payment page? 

It’ll only start block registrations once they’ve actually been paid for right? 

Not in my experience. The reg number details page show when a ticket has already been purchased for a registration number. You have the option to simply delete that registration number from the form, then click "Buy" again for the rest. That's what's happened in the past when I've tried for a second group, but a couple of people had already been successful through others.

13 hours ago, Rudi said:

1) No

2) Yes

• Upvote 1