Favourite song ABOUT Glastonbury

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sat in a field. By the leylines,  a levellers type band from Weston super mare, I think, who played the Avalon in the past two festivals.  

Give it a listen

I love Leylines. And that song is just perfect. Good choice! 

Beans on Toast M.D.M.Amazing always reminds me of glastonbury. 

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

I can’t get a gig at Glastonbury... even tho he did ?

That’s the one! He sang it at Glastonbury in 2016 , Avalon, and claimed this would be the last time he was going to sing it. Don’t know if he stuck to that! Tried to see him this year on the Thursday in the green fields but it was rammed . I perched precariously on a narrow ledge next to that big slide thing. 

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s the one! He sang it at Glastonbury in 2016 , Avalon, and claimed this would be the last time he was going to sing it. Don’t know if he stuck to that! Tried to see him this year on the Thursday in the green fields but it was rammed . I perched precariously on a narrow ledge next to that big slide thing. 

I was at that gig in 2016. He has sang it again. He sang it in Newcastle on 7th Feb this year. I was also front centre for the greenpeace gig. I bloody love him. Have you read his book? 

7 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I was at that gig in 2016. He has sang it again. He sang it in Newcastle on 7th Feb this year. I was also front centre for the greenpeace gig. I bloody love him. Have you read his book? 

Never read his book. Must get it. We missed his visit to Glasgow . Didn’t realise he was playing! 

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Didn't U2 have a song about Glastonbury in 2011? It was pretty forgettable. So much so that I've actually forgotten about it. 

If I remember correctly they recorded it in 2010 before they cancelled then didn't play it in 2011.

Edited by Gnomicide

Not the coolest thing to admit I have listened to this but there is a song called It Happens by Busted where they reference playing Glastonbury 2017 after they reformed. My favourite lyric of the song, especially as I was at the gig they're referring to in Avalon.

Linked to the specific point so you don't have to listen to the full song: 

• 4 weeks later...