ID for children

Libbyloo

1 hour ago, Libbyloo said:

What are the checks like for children ID  my son will be 13 shall I risk saying he is 12 

Think you already know the answer. Firstly, yes you and your son may get challenged on entry; have witnessed it myself. Secondly, by not buying a ticket for your son you are creating an awful lot of stress for yourself right up to the moment you reach the entry desk and with a reasonable prospect of rejection and at having to take your son home. Whence then you will presumably have to find someone to look after your son if you want to return to the fest. Worth the risk?

Never got asked for ID when we took our 12 year old (13 in the August) but had it just in case.

Depends who you get.

Once had a girl ask if she could be our daughter on re-entry. I said you can be whoever you want but if I am asked I am saying I don't know you.

She got in. Was well over 18 !!!

• Upvote 1

You risk being turned away without ID.

I had to show ID for my (tall) 11 year old daughter this year. Photocopy of ID is stated as being acceptable for 12 and under.

ID requirements for this, Challenge 21 etc. are specified on the Glastonbury website packing list page.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/packing-list/