Campervan Question

Block

Hi,

It's been a long time since we've been to Glastonbury for various reasons, but we're going to try for tickets on Sunday.  My other half can't face camping because of the negative experience we had in 2010.  We've got a van but it's not fitted out yet.  Just wondered what is the minimum requirement for it to be classed as a campervan?  ie - do you have to have a fixed sink and cooker etc? or can we just chuck a mattress in the back?

As Penrhos suggests, you do have a bit of grace in which to sort this one out. Even if you didn't have, then I'd assume (but don't actually know) that you could rug up a bed, rig up an old sink and unit that you could buy off any builder ripping them out for  £5 and add some touches here and there, and they are going to think it's all hooked up and the real deal. In situations like that you need to use 'The Force'. 

On 10/5/2019 at 5:53 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

As Penrhos suggests, you do have a bit of grace in which to sort this one out. Even if you didn't have, then I'd assume (but don't actually know) that you could rug up a bed, rig up an old sink and unit that you could buy off any builder ripping them out for  £5 and add some touches here and there, and they are going to think it's all hooked up and the real deal. In situations like that you need to use 'The Force'. 

I like that idea.

*waves hand*

"This is not the van you are looking for."

My parents are planning to go down in a campervan and I am thinking about hitching a ride with them.

If I go down with them in the van could I take a tent and camp with my friends elsewhere. Would I be able to take a tent through the security checks in the campervan field on the Wednesday morning? Is this allowed?

My parents are planning to go down in a campervan and I am thinking about hitching a ride with them.

If I go down with them in the van could I take a tent and camp with my friends elsewhere. Would I be able to take a tent through the security checks in the campervan field on the Wednesday morning? Is this allowed?

50 minutes ago, matt2390 said:

Yes. You'd enter the cv fields with them, those checks are mainly for tickets and glass. The festival gates open on Weds so you could take your stuff through the fields, though the gate and into the festival. If you go from East, I'd suggest using a trolley or see if they can bring some stuff to the gate C lockup for you.

I've had tents, trolleys, booze, and it goes through, no probs.

5 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Yes. You'd enter the cv fields with them, those checks are mainly for tickets and glass. The festival gates open on Weds so you could take your stuff through the fields, though the gate and into the festival. If you go from East, I'd suggest using a trolley or see if they can bring some stuff to the gate C lockup for you.

I've had tents, trolleys, booze, and it goes through, no probs.

Fantastic, thanks!