Is Worthy View worth it with a coach ticket?

Skoo

I've read a load of the threads about Worthy View which have been really useful - but most of the reviews seem to be from people who arrived by car.

I know one of the major benefits of WV is that you're parked so close to where you're pitched - but if you're coming by coach you lose that benefit. So you're paying for the luxury of not having to pitch and carry a tent, and if the shuttle bus service is on point, not having to lug all your stuff for miles. But if the shuttle bus fails, you're essentially fucked. 

Anyone here done it by coach? How was it?

I did it last year. You get off your See Coach and get straight into a queue for the shuttle up to WV. Took about an hour to wait (that was due to turning up at lunchtime and seemingly all the drivers were on breaks). The shuttle bus wasn’t airconned and like a furnace in the heat! It actually takes a surprising amount of time to get there (about 30 mins). But then it drops you off outside the WV entrance and you walk straight in.

It still beats trekking across site with your stuff, especially if it’s as hot as it was last year.

Edited by Hugh Jass

We did it last year, arrived  just after midday Wednesday, straight off our coach, straight onto a shuttle bus for 30ish mins, as Hugh Jass says. No queue when we got to Worthy View, rented airbeds from the place in there, found our tent, and were down in the Avalon Inn with friends drinking sweet sweet cool lager by 2.30. Absolutely painless.

On 10/4/2019 at 3:14 PM, Mardy said:

We did it last year, arrived  just after midday Wednesday, straight off our coach, straight onto a shuttle bus for 30ish mins, as Hugh Jass says. No queue when we got to Worthy View, rented airbeds from the place in there, found our tent, and were down in the Avalon Inn with friends drinking sweet sweet cool lager by 2.30. Absolutely painless.

Just out of curiosity was it easy enough to rent airbeds once you get to Worthy View & how much were they can you remember? 

I know Podpads come with airbeds but just wondering do any of the other options?  

10 hours ago, Saoirsee said:

Just out of curiosity was it easy enough to rent airbeds once you get to Worthy View & how much were they can you remember? 

I know Podpads come with airbeds but just wondering do any of the other options?  

+1 can I have some detail about what is there? Especially what you can hire. Thanks.