Advice

FuzzyDunlop

We now have about 24 people in different groups trying. Most are friends of friends.

IF our 6 get tickets we are then trying for others. However. 6 people I know are in other groups with people I don't know. 2 for example are in a group of solo's who we have put together. IF I got through do I a. Pick a group at random or put the other 6 people I know together in a group? This kind of knackers up people I don't know, but it helps my friends.

I appreciate the likelihood is pretty small, but I feel guilty for something I haven't done.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

We now have about 24 people in different groups trying. Most are friends of friends.

IF our 6 get tickets we are then trying for others. However. 6 people I know are in other groups with people I don't know. 2 for example are in a group of solo's who we have put together. IF I got through do I a. Pick a group at random or put the other 6 people I know together in a group? This kind of knackers up people I don't know, but it helps my friends.

I appreciate the likelihood is pretty small, but I feel guilty for something I haven't done.

To clarify, there are 4 groups of 6, yea? And these groups are already organised?

So you're saying, if you get your 6, then you wouldn't try for one of the already organised 3 other groups, instead you'd make a new group of individuals within those groups which would potentially scupper the people you don't know in the other 3 groups.

If I've got that right, then it is a complete dick move.

If not, then ignore me!

Edited by northernringo

If the groups have been put together and there's broad consensus I reckon you gotta stick with it pal.  Is changing the groups up a bit a feasible option? Or would it be blatantly obvious that it would be a change just for your own preferences?

I'm in a similar position with groups of friends who are split across a number, and I'm just taking the (silent) approach of prioritising the groups with the people I want most.

9 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The lock out system is brutal this year. I’d personally stick to the groups, but I know it’s hard when your friends are split up 

If groups are already set out stick with them, as changing groups when getting tickets screws up everyone else's chances, as this happened to me last year.

we had 5 groups of 6 and one newbie got through from group one and just got her tickets and 2 others from another group. So when the other group got through it bounced back as regs had been used so 6 folk lost out there and the 6 from the newbie group, plus another group of 6 lost out out from the 3rd group too... this is because one newbie changed the group

Don't do it lol

Modern day moral quandary innit? If I get through, I’ve got my top 6, second six, but it’s a tough responsibility. We’re not in pre-determined groups, just a list of numbers. But deep down inside me I know. 
Friends over family? That annoying cousin over a dear mate I only see once a year? Of course not. Basically, I’m no better than the Nazis

5 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Modern day moral quandary innit? If I get through, I’ve got my top 6, second six, but it’s a tough responsibility. We’re not in pre-determined groups, just a list of numbers. But deep down inside me I know. 
Friends over family? That annoying cousin over a dear mate I only see once a year? Of course not. Basically, I’m no better than the Nazis

Never have I seen anyone implement Godwin's Law so quickly on their own internal monologue.  That's pretty impressive.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

If groups are already set out stick with them, as changing groups when getting tickets screws up everyone else's chances, as this happened to me last year.

we had 5 groups of 6 and one newbie got through from group one and just got her tickets and 2 others from another group. So when the other group got through it bounced back as regs had been used so 6 folk lost out there and the 6 from the newbie group, plus another group of 6 lost out out from the 3rd group too... this is because one newbie changed the group

Don't do it lol

Jesus, this story is absolutely brutal. I'd say that newbie was quickly removed from any future ticket groups!

Anecdotally, because everyone in my friend group ALWAYS sticks to our plans, we're all more inclined to help each other the next sale (or next year) if everything goes wrong. In the coach sale yesterday, everyone got in apart from me, and everyone continued to try until the very end of the sale and I got in!

They could've given up there and then, but over the past 7 years of attending we've built up a lot of trust. If you stick to these plans, you never know when others could help you in the future.

2 minutes ago, pentura said:

Jesus, this story is absolutely brutal. I'd say that newbie was quickly removed from any future ticket groups!

Mate's group had a similar cockup last year, although they did manage to correct it in resale.

The guilty individual has been singled out for special instruction in this year's group chat.  Although having met him last year I can see there's absolutely no duplicity in it all; the man's just a complete space cadet :D

2 minutes ago, pentura said:

I know I was swearing like a trooper at the time as this said newbie was in my group!! only 3 people went in the end and I think groups have defo been rearranged this year lol

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Mate's group had a similar cockup last year, although they did manage to correct it in resale.

The guilty individual has been singled out for special instruction in this year's group chat.  Although having met him last year I can see there's absolutely no duplicity in it all; the man's just a complete space cadet :D

Imagine knowing you are in a group of 6, getting to the registrations page and entering in numbers not in your group or even less than the 6 registrations allowed. That takes a whole new level of space cadet-ness. Farcical! 

10 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I know I was swearing like a trooper at the time as this said newbie was in my group!! only 3 people went in the end and I think groups have defo been rearranged this year lol

I've had bad luck with tickets since 2017 but I can't even begin to comprehend the utter rage I'd have if someone in my group did that! And not only that, the rage from the other group who got locked out because of it! Hopefully no hiccups this year.

Were you successful in the sale so far?

1 minute ago, pentura said:

Imagine knowing you are in a group of 6, getting to the registrations page and entering in numbers not in your group or even less than the 6 registrations allowed. That takes a whole new level of space cadet-ness. Farcical! 

They lost him this year for best part of a day.  They had no idea where he'd been.  He had no idea where he'd been. 

A lovely, grinning, completely unreliable bundle of joy.  Can't be pissed with him for long.

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

They lost him this year for best part of a day.  They had no idea where he'd been.  He had no idea where he'd been. 

A lovely, grinning, completely unreliable bundle of joy.  Can't be pissed with him for long.

Haha! the power of Glastonbury eh.

The innocence & naivety is quite sweet. I'd say he felt terrible after the sale, hope he had a ball at the festival

17 minutes ago, pentura said:

I've had bad luck with tickets since 2017 but I can't even begin to comprehend the utter rage I'd have if someone in my group did that! And not only that, the rage from the other group who got locked out because of it! Hopefully no hiccups this year.

Were you successful in the sale so far?

I was furious!! as I was on a work trip in Shanghai at the time and Chinese hotel wifi isn't the best, so to have a person in my group get through and not buy tickets.... what's worse a 2nd person in our group got through at same time but it bounced back because newbie reg had been used - so double whammy!!

I think group strategy has gone out the window this year (probably because of what happened last year) and people are sticking with their own groups... 

I didn't try for coach but I believe a few of the group got through so that's good, most are trying in the main sale 

Were you successful?

4 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I was furious!! as I was on a work trip in Shanghai at the time and Chinese hotel wifi isn't the best, so to have a person in my group get through and not buy tickets.... what's worse a 2nd person in our group got through at same time but it bounced back because newbie reg had been used - so double whammy!!

I think group strategy has gone out the window this year (probably because of what happened last year) and people are sticking with their own groups... 

I didn't try for coach but I believe a few of the group got through so that's good, most are trying in the main sale 

Were you successful?

I'm furious on your behalf!! Couldn't begin to imagine the frustration in your group and the ones who got locked out

Excellent - seems to be a good number of efesters being successful so far

I was not unfortunately. Only got as far as the holding page yet again. Sunday is the one!