Calibre of ticket holders

jimbarkanoodle

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

why would you think Glastonbury goers would be tolerant of your worst-type-of-tory opinions?

I guess you don't get Glastonbury.

what opinions could be construed as Tory? I was thinking he is a Tory hater, all those middle class Jennifer’s ticking off their bucket lists.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

I added you one. I am very grateful for the other year you ran the secret set tweets. After 2 years off due to the fallow and a failure on T day last year I'm back in. Glad you got yours this time!

Thank you and you're very welcome.

Talking of secret sets, @mr flow who ran SecretGlasto for the last two festivals and @Muppetmark who started the thing were unsuccessful this year.  I'm planning to help them out come resales - anyone else who can help would be appreciated!

I'll definitely be here to help. 

Without wanting to feed the troll, I have friends coming this year for the first time. One of which works in a proper corporate London job. He's one of the most "Glastonbury" people I've met in real life and I'm so excited to watch him explore it. 

I am slightly concerned about his plans to continue his life work of educating strangers on the wonders of rum on Wednesday afternoon. Whilst handing out free rum tastings is very in the spirit,  I'm slightly concerned at how he'll carry it all. He mentioned a suitcase at one point and was swiftly educated on the stupidity of that plan.

Anyway if you see a bunch of 5 of us including a very loud 6ft6 guy, wearing a t-shirt capable of inducing many a melt down at the stone circle, being followed by 3 staggering females and his brother, that's us. We'll have rum! 

Edited by Heather90
Edit- likely in the vicinity of the cider bus, hoping to eventually make the efests meet!

Just now, Heather90 said:

Without wanting to feed the troll, I have friends coming this year for the first time. One of which works in a proper corporate London job. He's one of the most "Glastonbury" people I've met in real life and I'm so excited to watch him explore it. 

I am slightly concerned about his plans to continue his life work of educating strangers on the wonders of rum on Wednesday afternoon. Whilst handing out free rum tastings is very in the spirit,  I'm slightly concerned at how he'll carry it all. He mentioned a suitcase at one point and was swiftly educated on the stupidity of that plan.

Anyway if you see a bunch of 5 of us including a very loud 6ft6 guy, wearing a t-shirt capable of inducing many a melt down at the stone circle, being followed by 3 staggering females and his brother, that's us. We'll have rum! 

Yeah, I want some of that rum please. 

1 hour ago, Heather90 said:

I mean, he sounds great! :)

On 10/4/2019 at 10:39 AM, jimbarkanoodle said:

You actually make a good point here. Perhaps its the BBC coverage which is part of the problem.

The live broadcasts on the tv are basically all the big pop acts on the main stages,  zooming in on well preened teenage girls from the home counties with plastic flower garlands in their hair, and loads of muggy flags being held aloft whilst flippin Kylie Minogue belts out her cheesy hits. No wonder the ticket supply is getting rinsed by people who wouldn't know the stone circle even if they were camped right beside it.

They don't show the people off their tits raving to techno at 5am round Block 9, which for me, is the real Glastonbury. Im not saying I would want them to broadcast that (sorry mum etc!), but it shows the world this bucolic image of an innocent pop concert that Jennifer from finance could happily go to without seeing the darker, hippy side on which Glastonbury was originally founded.  

Ok, you’re a troll obviously, but this is an extremely confusing statement.

You seem very angry about Kylie and the people who turned up to watch her, wasn’t it a record crowd, something like 150k?

Yet you seem to think that dancing to techno in block 9 at 5am is the real Glastonbury... despite only a fraction of the people there seemingly agreeing (75% of them were at Kylie)

So it begs the question, why put yourself through all the angst of Glastonbury where most people aren’t ‘doing it right’ and most of it is weighted towards fans of cheesy pop, when you could just go to Creamfields.. or maybe even Tomorrowland?

It sounds very much to me like Glastonbury isn’t really for you at all.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

6 hours ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

I would have thought/hoped that Glastonbury goers would be the tolerant bunch but clearly not.

But I thought you said Glastonbury ticket buyers are:

On 10/4/2019 at 10:29 AM, jimbarkanoodle said:

... probably well off individuals with 12 devices all connected to the website, who get tickets every single year. Worse still, once they are there, probably only ever go to the big main stages to see all the pop music and post on Instagram.... Many of them probably don't even take drugs, just sit at their campsite in wellies (despite there being no mud) drinking 4 cans of warm Strongbow per day, despite not actually liking it, just because 'that's what you drink at a festival'.

... Jennifer who works in Canary Wharf in the finance department, only ever goes to Glastonbury and when she hears the words Shangri-La, thinks its the hotel at the top of the Shard...

So is that what you think of as the tolerant bunch?

On 10/4/2019 at 10:33 AM, beefykoala said:

I think he raises a really excellent point actually. So good, in fact, that I created a Google Form so you can in fact verify if you're a Genuine Festival Goer and are therefore morally allowed to get tickets to this festival (or whatever it is). 

https://forms.gle/rcWR2KQ3kA1uxLey5

5bPMcQw.png

I'm going to assume blue and orange are both Yes.