Calibre of ticket holders

jimbarkanoodle

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So where's the celebration thread? Is this it?

Now I need to make the tough decision between original Strongbow and Strongbow Dark Fruit :(

The real question is what temperature are you gonna drink it?

15 hours ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

The only fair way I can think of resolving this is to request an independent valuation of every attendee's parent's home. If said house is worth more than say, 150 thousand pounds then you are barred from the festival for life.

Another idea would be a priority scheme for those brought up by single parents. This could again be verified by festival staff checking the school dinner records of every attendee

What if both parents are dead?

Or your parents don’t live in skelmersdale?

Automatically banned???

Outrageous.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, beefykoala said:

I think he raises a really excellent point actually. So good, in fact, that I created a Google Form so you can in fact verify if you're a Genuine Festival Goer and are therefore morally allowed to get tickets to this festival (or whatever it is). 

https://forms.gle/rcWR2KQ3kA1uxLey5

So far it looks like the majority of us

• are a really cool age
  • go to a lot of festivals and drink cool cider
  • are pretty chill about getting tickets now or in the resale
  • party til 6am, take drugs and also don't take drugs
  • know that Shangri-La is a place in Glastonbury, silly
  • are not called Jennifer
  • love getting bang on it
  • either are or have an inflatable sofa

I'd say we're a pretty solid bunch of Genuine Festival Goers.

14 hours ago, Lycra said:

To answer your first question. No it's not a record. Coach tickets have sold out in less than 30 minutes for the last 5 fests. The fastest of those being 15 mins in Oct 2014 for the 2015 GF. 

Given the number of coach packages has increased this year it it no surprise that the sale took longer than the previous average of <24mins.

To answer your second point. Everyone has a right to attend Glasto. It is a victim of it's own success. It is aired on tv and streamed to a global audience and followed hotly by printed media every summer. Huge numbers see the whats on offer and the fun to be had. So it is no surprise that demand for tickets hugely outstrips supply. Other events would have a similar (nice for promoters) problem if they were accorded such publicity.

Definitely an accountant

So yesterday I done something I have never done before and actually tried to buy a ticket.

I had had a very heavy night, having seen Fat Boy Slim in London and then cracked on afterwards doing lots of gear, so by the time 9am rolled around I hadn't actually been to bed yet.

Me and my bird were both trying along with others who had our registration numbers, and I didn't even get onto the bloody website! In fact no one I knew even got a sniff of a ticket!

Which brings me back to my original point, who is buying all the tickets? Its a proper joke.

Of course, luckily for me, I always find a way into the festival so its by no means the end of the world. I am just annoyed that I wasted half an hour of my life doing that nonsense of trying to buy a ticket, when I knew it wasn't going to work anyway. Guess it just have to sneak in again next year, which has got a lot harder since they had the cheek to mess around with the EPO bands.  

22 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Of course, luckily for me, I always find a way into the festival so its by no means the end of the world. I am just annoyed that I wasted half an hour of my life doing that nonsense of trying to buy a ticket, when I knew it wasn't going to work anyway. Guess it just have to sneak in again next year, which has got a lot harder since they had the cheek to mess around with the EPO bands.  

EPO bands worked fine this year!

1 minute ago, Padgey said:

EPO bands worked fine this year!

Only if you legitimately had one. Jobsworth Oxfam stewards at the gates were apparently turning people away if the EPO didn't match up with the movements of the person. Imagine being that sad, turning perfectly happy, safe people away from Glastonbury when you are not even being paid to do so!

6 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Only if you legitimately had one. Jobsworth Oxfam stewards at the gates were apparently turning people away if the EPO didn't match up with the movements of the person. Imagine being that sad, turning perfectly happy, safe people away from Glastonbury when you are not even being paid to do so!

yeah, the bastards, having integrity and not wanting to risk loosing their own access to the festival. 

Because you're worth it.

10 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Are you actually doing this shit again?

Everyone knows you are trolling. Go away.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

So yesterday I done something I have never done before and actually tried to buy a ticket.

I had had a very heavy night, having seen Fat Boy Slim in London and then cracked on afterwards doing lots of gear, so by the time 9am rolled around I hadn't actually been to bed yet.

Me and my bird were both trying along with others who had our registration numbers, and I didn't even get onto the bloody website! In fact no one I knew even got a sniff of a ticket!

Which brings me back to my original point, who is buying all the tickets? Its a proper joke.

Do you have a registration number or not hun?

image.thumb.png.967bd2d650f7e58dd331b2eeffc503f6.png

53 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Was already feeling tired on this Monday but you just made me yawn so hard.

1 hour ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Who said I had a legitimate one?!

1 minute ago, Padgey said:

Who said I had a legitimate one?!

Nice mate, you must have got lucky not to have some sad Oxfam supervisor pooping the party at the gate you went through.

Thinking of perhaps doing an SIA course and being a bouncer for 2020. Not only will I then easily get in, I can charge those without tickets to come in and make a fair old packet.  

2 hours ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

This is written like a pensioner trying to be a 'cool early 20s lad'

On 10/4/2019 at 8:48 AM, jimbarkanoodle said:

I'd say so, yes.

Although I refrain from putting all the festivals ive gone to at the bottom of my signature on here (what's that about by the way? showing off?), I've been to loads at home and aboard over the last 15 years. Probably more than most people on here actually.  

Which is why its frustrating seeing all the tickets go to people who are less deserving.

Granted, I didn't actually try last night (I've never registered and forgot to do it in time), but there should possibly be a point system in place.

Buggered if i know mate. But 100% with you on the lack of 'committed' festival goers. Pity you forgot to register as we need more people just  like you at Glasto. 

4 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

This is written like a pensioner trying to be a 'cool early 20s lad'

sure, what did you do on Saturday night? Hopefully you enjoyed Strictly Come Dancing and your right hand.

Funnily enough, the tickets of Fatboy Slim sold out even quicker than Glastonbury, thought I was on a roll!