Calibre of ticket holders

jimbarkanoodle

6 hours ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

So, coach tickets sell out in under half an hour, is this a record?

I'd like to discuss who exactly is hoovering up all these tickets. It annoys me to assume, but yet lets face it- rationally conclude, that those getting tickets are probably well off individuals with 12 devices all connected to the website, who get tickets every single year. Worse still, once they are there, probably only ever go to the big main stages to see all the pop music and post on Instagram. Whilst there is certainly room for everyone(although clearly not enough!) and all walks of life at Glastonbury, it is negatively affected by over representation of the above demographic. Many of them probably don't even take drugs, just sit at their campsite in wellies (despite there being no mud) drinking 4 cans of warm Strongbow per day, despite not actually liking it, just because 'that's what you drink at a festival'.

It would be ideal if at least 50% of the tickets were somehow distributed to what i would call 'genuine' festival goers. As in, the types who go to 4 or 5 a year, now how to have the party until 6am. Not Jennifer who works in Canary Wharf in the finance department, only ever goes to Glastonbury and when she hears the words Shangri-La, thinks its the hotel at the top of the Shard. If Jennifer were to go to Boomtown, she's probably leave on account of being too scared of the music.

If things continue the way they are going, Glastonbury will soon end up similar to Coachella. Something needs to be done, im not sure how, but it does.  

Nutty as a fruit cake old son 

I think he raises a really excellent point actually. So good, in fact, that I created a Google Form so you can in fact verify if you're a Genuine Festival Goer and are therefore morally allowed to get tickets to this festival (or whatever it is). 

https://forms.gle/rcWR2KQ3kA1uxLey5

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

5 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

I think he raises a really excellent point actually. So good, in fact, that I created a Google Form so you can in fact verify if you're a Genuine Festival Goer and are therefore morally allowed to get tickets to this festival (or whatever it is). 

Bravo! Take a bow...

image.png.5556583d78abf6e5a9d830d9f4f6e9b2.png

This may have been answered but what % of total tickets are coach tickets. I’m trying for tickets for the second time and like the naive newbie I appear to be was just aiming for Sunday.....on the plus side I did manage to register myself and my girlfriend in time this year so it is progress on last years attempt when I only registered myself ?

2 hours ago, beefykoala said:

I wasn't going to add fuel to the fire of the OP twatwaffle, but this required a response. Take a bow.

Also, don't want to blow my own trumpet, but pretty sure I nailed it.

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, beefykoala said:

You've got my vote for Post Of The Day. 

Its pure random luck imo. You get through or you dont, both times Ive been its been a huge mixture of people, all ages, all class backgrounds, people from all over the world, everyones been sound. 

I can also assure you that there is plenty of people taking drugs at Glastonbury as well. 

11 hours ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

So, coach tickets sell out in under half an hour, is this a record?

I'd like to discuss who exactly is hoovering up all these tickets. It annoys me to assume, but yet lets face it- rationally conclude, that those getting tickets are probably well off individuals with 12 devices all connected to the website, who get tickets every single year. Worse still, once they are there, probably only ever go to the big main stages to see all the pop music and post on Instagram. Whilst there is certainly room for everyone(although clearly not enough!) and all walks of life at Glastonbury, it is negatively affected by over representation of the above demographic. Many of them probably don't even take drugs, just sit at their campsite in wellies (despite there being no mud) drinking 4 cans of warm Strongbow per day, despite not actually liking it, just because 'that's what you drink at a festival'.

It would be ideal if at least 50% of the tickets were somehow distributed to what i would call 'genuine' festival goers. As in, the types who go to 4 or 5 a year, now how to have the party until 6am. Not Jennifer who works in Canary Wharf in the finance department, only ever goes to Glastonbury and when she hears the words Shangri-La, thinks its the hotel at the top of the Shard. If Jennifer were to go to Boomtown, she's probably leave on account of being too scared of the music.

If things continue the way they are going, Glastonbury will soon end up similar to Coachella. Something needs to be done, im not sure how, but it does.  

I was gonna reply to this but it has to be a troll.. Noone can be this stupid. 

Edited by waterfalls212434