Calibre of ticket holders

jimbarkanoodle

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just to add as well, the point of Glastonbury is that everyone is treated equally. You get a ticket for the festival and everyone has the same access to the stages and bars etc. Yes you can pay more for camping, but the actual general admission ticket is the same for everyone. The ethos of the festival is to treat everyone equally and fairly, so a points based system not only sounds like a fascist immigration policy but also contradicts the ethos of Glastonbury.

Not really man, we all know that is your loaded you can go to Glastonbury no matter what. There is a whole plethora of options, costing eye watering amounts of money, that can get you in if you have the means.

• Downvote 1

I'm ridiculously wealthy, so wealthy in fact I had 500 minions trying for me last night that I successfully managed to purchase all but 20 of the available tickets. I don't even want them but the hamster needs some more bedding so I'll probably use them for that.

In fact, I'm that wealthy I'm going to try for all the others and just shred them, except one which I'll use in the hope I can sit by the pyramid to watch Ed Sheeran or Coldplay drinking a warm Strongbow, I can't wait!

• Upvote 1

Oh fuck off... if the calibre of attendees is so poor then perhaps you should stop breaking in and go to another festival.

What concern of your is it if Jennifer is on a heavy coke/ket/pills combo or if she's just drinking G&T from a can?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

So, coach tickets sell out in under half an hour, is this a record?

I'd like to discuss who exactly is hoovering up all these tickets. It annoys me to assume, but yet lets face it- rationally conclude, that those getting tickets are probably well off individuals with 12 devices all connected to the website, who get tickets every single year. Worse still, once they are there, probably only ever go to the big main stages to see all the pop music and post on Instagram. Whilst there is certainly room for everyone(although clearly not enough!) and all walks of life at Glastonbury, it is negatively affected by over representation of the above demographic. Many of them probably don't even take drugs, just sit at their campsite in wellies (despite there being no mud) drinking 4 cans of warm Strongbow per day, despite not actually liking it, just because 'that's what you drink at a festival'.

It would be ideal if at least 50% of the tickets were somehow distributed to what i would call 'genuine' festival goers. As in, the types who go to 4 or 5 a year, now how to have the party until 6am. Not Jennifer who works in Canary Wharf in the finance department, only ever goes to Glastonbury and when she hears the words Shangri-La, thinks its the hotel at the top of the Shard. If Jennifer were to go to Boomtown, she's probably leave on account of being too scared of the music.

If things continue the way they are going, Glastonbury will soon end up similar to Coachella. Something needs to be done, im not sure how, but it does.  

Based on your opening post if there ever was a scheme for 'genuine festival goers' you almost certainly wouldn't be on it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

So, coach tickets sell out in under half an hour, is this a record?

I'd like to discuss who exactly is hoovering up all these tickets. It annoys me to assume, but yet lets face it- rationally conclude, that those getting tickets are probably well off individuals with 12 devices all connected to the website........

To answer your first question. No it's not a record. Coach tickets have sold out in less than 30 minutes for the last 5 fests. The fastest of those being 15 mins in Oct 2014 for the 2015 GF. 

Given the number of coach packages has increased this year it it no surprise that the sale took longer than the previous average of <24mins.

To answer your second point. Everyone has a right to attend Glasto. It is a victim of it's own success. It is aired on tv and streamed to a global audience and followed hotly by printed media every summer. Huge numbers see the whats on offer and the fun to be had. So it is no surprise that demand for tickets hugely outstrips supply. Other events would have a similar (nice for promoters) problem if they were accorded such publicity.