The International Contingent

beefykoala

2 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Soooo.... they don't seem to be allowing people get to the box office from the orange car park side. 2 of our crew have had to join the PGA queue just to get to the otherside and start queuing again at the box office. What a pain in the hole - triple queuing.

Yeah, it’s crazy. The first few stewards told us to skip the line, get our tickets and then join the queue, when we were almost there we were sent back to the end of the line by other stewards. I’m not gonna join this huge line again after getting my tickets, that’s for sure.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Ok thats really stupid. I swear they shouldve maybe moved the box office so a box office queue was split off. Let us know how it is when they do start getting it going!

Absolute shìtshow, managed to pester my way past the q of pga  and into the box office, there's a place for re entry, went through there and straight in

6 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Heading to the airport now...how's Dublin Airport queue-wise?

Yesterday afternoon it was grand. I was through security in 10 mins. Some of the Ryanair check-in things are broke. If they give you an error just move to the next. Same with the belt weigh yolks.

• Thanks 1

Oh, and we had to buy a new pass to get in the parking area (they wouldn’t let us through without one (e-mail didn’t work) and there is no way to get the tickets first), so I’ll have to try and get a refund when this is all over.

Other than that, I’m over the moon that I’m here again! Can’t wait to get in!

10 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Oh, and we had to buy a new pass to get in the parking area (they wouldn’t let us through without one (e-mail didn’t work) and there is no way to get the tickets first), so I’ll have to try and get a refund when this is all over.

Other than that, I’m over the moon that I’m here again! Can’t wait to get in!

Shit. That's worth a slight " things you could do better" email after the fest.

Glad things are moving along without horror stories yet *crossing all fingers and toes*

Box office queue could be worse.  Just arrived but it's moving. I'm hopefully it'll take less than an hour

It's left side of the coach park. Pretty poor signage.

///slices.objecting.cinemas

Edited by snipe
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, snipe said:

Box office queue could be worse.  Just arrived but it's moving. I'm hopefully it'll take less than an hour

It's left side of the coach park. Pretty poor signage.

///slices.objecting.cinemas

Thank you. The three words is helpful.  Is it a separate queue from where to coaches drop off?  Trying to figure out if I am to just go the regular route after getting off the coach and will eventually end up splitting off to the box office, or if I need to start somewhere complete different?

Just now, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

Thank you. The three words is helpful.  Is it a separate queue from where to coaches drop off?  Trying to figure out if I am to just go the regular route after getting off the coach and will eventually end up splitting off to the box office, or if I need to start somewhere complete different?

First you join the queue to PGA, near the end you can get to the gate or join the line from the box office.

It hasn’t moved in the last 10/15 minutes, doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere soon.

13 minutes ago, snipe said:

That's the PGA queue to my right and the start of the international on the left. Box office dead center. Coach park behind it

IMG_20220622_101452.jpg

Woop woop, found myself in that photo! But why did they open only two windows?

38 minutes ago, snipe said:

No don't queue in the PGA queue for international. I came through the coach park and there was some barriers setup going through them brings you past the international box office to join the queue for it. 

Looks like it could be a long hot wait!

re you in or still queuing to pick up tickets? Any chance you can ask what they are actually going to do after 8pm when the box office will apparently close? 

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Looks like it could be a long hot wait!

re you in or still queuing to pick up tickets? Any chance you can ask what they are actually going to do after 8pm when the box office will apparently close? 

I believe a few pages back it was mentioned that people arriving after hours can go to the security office nearby and get their tickets sorted there.  Not exactly sure how that will work….

I’m on the bus from Bristol in an hour or so, and I will try and remember to ask.  

• Upvote 1

This is some bullshit. Called it, sadly. 4 windows for all of us? Sad. They have the stewards coming to fill our water bottles but they couldve had a few See staff checking id's and grabbing tickets so this all gets sorted faster.  Been 40 mins so far, just got by the hospitality shack.

F3BD05CB-35CA-444F-ABA2-971C959D59E4.jpeg

12 minutes ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

3pm update. Box office line was about 20 yards past hospitality shack when we arrived at 3.  Have moved about 15 steps in 15 minutes.  For whatever reason, line has grown significantly in the last 15 minutes or so.  

Does not sound like they have a well oiled machine up and running. Why the hell they did not simply post them all out a month ago is beyond be. 🙄

Edited by ThomThomDrum