Jump to content

The International Contingent


beefykoala
 Share

Recommended Posts

My mate just got here from oz and says he doesn’t have his ticket and was told they will pick up from box office. But then see tickets said it would of been sent out and there is nobody to call.  Should he be concerned?

apologies in advance if this has already been covered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

My mate just got here from oz and says he doesn’t have his ticket and was told they will pick up from box office. But then see tickets said it would of been sent out and there is nobody to call.  Should he be concerned?

apologies in advance if this has already been covered. 

There wasn't any options for international tickets to be mailed, he's definitely got to wait in the box office queue!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

There wasn't any options for international tickets to be mailed, he's definitely got to wait in the box office queue!

The only mail option that did come about was if you had gotten a hold of the right customer service rep at See and they let you change it to mail. But thats just a handful of people who even did it. 
 

im still concerned over the will call situation. Hopefully theres updated early weds since my coach leaves at 11 and the box office opens at 8.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MetaKate said:

There wasn't any options for international tickets to be mailed, he's definitely got to wait in the box office queue!

Thanks I was more worried he wouldn’t get in but seems fine with box office. Anyone know what the box office queue is like out of interest ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

My mate just got here from oz and says he doesn’t have his ticket and was told they will pick up from box office. But then see tickets said it would of been sent out and there is nobody to call.  Should he be concerned?

apologies in advance if this has already been covered. 

Sent to Oz? I doubt it, or do you mean to a UK address?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Thanks I was more worried he wouldn’t get in but seems fine with box office. Anyone know what the box office queue is like out of interest ? 

This year will be the first in a long time to have almost all the Irish goers in it, a fair chunk of let down UK people and the regular international peeps.  There's going to be loads who had their tickets posted but didn't get them spending ages pleading to get replacements.  For everyone else they've to find their actual ticket in a filing system that will be later described as "inadequate".

It will almost certainly be a shit show for the ages. I hope to be wrong but if I get through it in under 3 hours I'll be surprised. Plan accordingly.

ps this is all Wednesday morning talk. It'll be a comparative breeze if you are doing other days/times probably.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Given they're giving festival tickets to people with CV's, what are peoples thoughts on trying to collect box office tickets today? Wondering if its worth risking dropping across to the festival.

Would it even be open? Do some people like volunteers pick something there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Given they're giving festival tickets to people with CV's, what are peoples thoughts on trying to collect box office tickets today? Wondering if its worth risking dropping across to the festival.

This is tempting…

we arrived yesterday from Canada after 12 hours of delays and cancellations and we have lost all our luggage 😞 we’re bought new stuff today in Bristol and are in a hotel 12 minutes from the festival… 

If we hadn’t had such bad luck so far, we’d probably pop over and try our luck (but we aren’t having any!)

 

Rob

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Magic Rat said:

On a different note, I just checked in for our flight. Anyone had issues with power banks in their checked luggage? Listed as not permitted....

They say no cause it might encounter extreme temps. Dont know why you didnt just put it on your carry on.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Magic Rat said:

On a different note, I just checked in for our flight. Anyone had issues with power banks in their checked luggage? Listed as not permitted....

Quite common for me to get the question if I have some when checking in the luggage. They should be kept in your hand luggage, in case they warm up etc. Do you have some?

At worse they'll see it at the scan and take it off.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Magic Rat said:

OK cool hand luggage it is then. I read before that companies won't ship them so I thought they were a blanket no no.

Thanks

I am slightly relieved. I thought you already had something in your checked luggage. Would have been a risk as well of it being held up and you having to wait for it. Hand luggage is fine unless it's a monster power bank.

Edited by moogster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RobWilliams said:

This is tempting…

we arrived yesterday from Canada after 12 hours of delays and cancellations and we have lost all our luggage 😞 we’re bought new stuff today in Bristol and are in a hotel 12 minutes from the festival… 

If we hadn’t had such bad luck so far, we’d probably pop over and try our luck (but we aren’t having any!)

 

Rob

Fellow Canadian here... I've got loads of extra pharmacy type things, and pretty much everything else you can get on site, but lemme know if you need anything! Massive bummer to lose luggage for Glastonbury ❤💔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Magic Rat said:

On a different note, I just checked in for our flight. Anyone had issues with power banks in their checked luggage? Listed as not permitted....

Please take them into the cabin with you. Numerous planes came down because of lithium battery fires, hence the ban.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Soooo.... they don't seem to be allowing people get to the box office from the orange car park side. 2 of our crew have had to join the PGA queue just to get to the otherside and start queuing again at the box office. What a pain in the hole - triple queuing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheDayman said:

Soooo.... they don't seem to be allowing people get to the box office from the orange car park side. 2 of our crew have had to join the PGA queue just to get to the otherside and start queuing again at the box office. What a pain in the hole - triple queuing.

Ok thats really stupid. I swear they shouldve maybe moved the box office so a box office queue was split off. Let us know how it is when they do start getting it going!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Soooo.... they don't seem to be allowing people get to the box office from the orange car park side. 2 of our crew have had to join the PGA queue just to get to the otherside and start queuing again at the box office. What a pain in the hole - triple queuing.

Yep same with our crew. Although they are pretty far up in the queue so shouldn't have tooooo much of a queue at the box office. But that could all go to shit at any minute as we know.

Did you get your own ticket in the end yesterday?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Soooo.... they don't seem to be allowing people get to the box office from the orange car park side. 2 of our crew have had to join the PGA queue just to get to the otherside and start queuing again at the box office. What a pain in the hole - triple queuing.

😦

Curious how it will all turn out in about 25 mn,

(and for me, finally about to hop in the car and the boat to the UK in a couple of hours)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...