The International Contingent

beefykoala

7 minutes ago, moogster said:

Shit. I did think about Glastonbury folks reading about Ryanair today (on top of all the airport issues). Do you have a back up plan?

I live in Prague so I just asked for a refund and book a cheap flight to Dresden, which is like 2 hours from Prague. That's my only alternative. If you see some folk died in Stansted on Monday night that's me. 

10 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I live in Prague so I just asked for a refund and book a cheap flight to Dresden, which is like 2 hours from Prague. That's my only alternative. If you see some folk died in Stansted on Monday night that's me. 

Prague, what a spot 👌

Expat living in BC, Canada here. I haven't logged in for years, but the festival coming back has got me all excited. 

I flew back for the 2018 festival and the missus and I are thinking of trying for tickets again next year. How are folks flying in sorting sleeping arrangements? 

On 6/11/2022 at 12:04 AM, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

Dublin airport question.  I'm flying Toronto - Dublin - Bristol on Aer Lingus next Sunday.  Booked straight through on one ticket.  The layover in Dublin is tight-ish - just over an hour if flights are on time. Do I need to clear customs in Dublin, or just hop off the flight and walk over to the connecting gate?

Howdy, on a single ticket with bags checked though all the way (and boarding card issued for 2nd flight) then just follow the signs for flight connections (it's off to the right on the corridor heading for immigration...they sometimes open up different routes to it depending on what gate your flight arrives into). Under normal circumstances, it's doable in under an hour, though the airport is very busy at the moment and you could be unlucky and have a ton of flights all arrive at the same time full of connecting passengers...but you don't need to go through standard immigration, baggage claim, customs, and then re-check your bag and re-enter through security. 

dublin-airport-flight-connection-guide3b

• Thanks 1

Just received the email with information on ticket collection. Those limited times are going to cause some problems for a few:

- 8am - 8pm, Wednesday 22nd - Friday 24th June

- 10am - 6pm, Saturday 25th June

- 10am - 4pm, Sunday 26th June.

As expected, at Gate A

Edited by ThomZorke
  • Thanks 1

The top of the email says you need to show photo-ID, but the bottom says:

"As well as a copy of this email, credit card bookers should take along the card used for the booking, whilst PayPal and Amazon customers should take along some official identification."

I asked SeeTickets 2 months ago and they said I don't need the card.. I don't have access to that card, since my friend purchased them for me. So confused

5 minutes ago, ThomZorke said:

Just received the email with information on ticket collection. Those limited times are going to cause some problems for a few:

- 8am - 8pm, Wednesday 22nd - Friday 24th June

- 10am - 6pm, Saturday 25th June

- 10am - 4pm, Sunday 26th June.

As expected, at Gate A

Just got the email as well.  I find the wording pretty confusing....

You will need to show valid photo ID, matching that of the lead name on your booking or the name on your ticket for individual tickets.

Then below....

Only the account holder will be able to collect the tickets.

See has told me a couple times not all need to arrive at the same time.  I suppose the "account holder" is the name on the ticket, and not the lead booker?  

Box office hours are brutal for anyone trying to get in early....

EasyJet canceled our flight, we were able to switch to a flight landing at Bristol airport on Wednesday around 7.15pm. There's no way we'll be in time to pick up the tickets before closing time.

What a terrible organization. First the imposed box office collection, then the limited time slots published a week before.

2 minutes ago, netspy said:

EasyJet canceled our flight, we were able to switch to a flight landing at Bristol airport on Wednesday around 7.15pm. There's no way we'll be in time to pick up the tickets before closing time.

What a terrible organization. First the imposed box office collection, then the limited time slots published a week before.

You'd be missing out on 12 hours of the festival! Plus unplanned hotel and other expenses... provided you can even find something in the area for reasonable price.

It's almost as if they don't want all of the overseas people bringing our 'ronies.

Edited by herzzreh

I can half understand the 8 am opening time but closing at 8 pm is just unacceptable, as the festival is pretty much a round the clock thing from now on. OK you want to close shop at midnight and go to sleep but 8 pm on arrivals day? Something good on the telly maybe?

I am glad we decided to stop on Wednesday evening on our way. We could have pushed to the festival but would have arrived around 11pm/midnight. I was still half doubting about that recently but looks like this was the right call...

8 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

You'd be missing out on 12 hours of the festival! Plus unplanned hotel and other expenses... provided you can even find something in the area for reasonable price.

There is no way it will happen like this. The trip has been booked for months.

We will be on site Wednesday at 9 p.m., even if it means moving heaven and earth to be able to enter.

What a shambles.

- No information on how you get in to the car park without the pass (that is with our tickets)

- No information on how you get from the car parks to the box office (from memory there's no direct route to PGA before 8am on Wednesday other than the road)

- A requirement to bring the card used to purchase (what if we didn't use our own card to purchase?)

Wild. 

Edited by TheDayman

1 minute ago, netspy said:

There is no way it will happen like this. The trip has been booked for months.

We will be on site Wednesday at 9 p.m., even if it means moving heaven and earth to be able to enter.

To be honest, when there has been a box office for collection previously, it was open long past the published times. It’s still stressful though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

What a shambles.

- No information on how you get in to the car park without the pass (that is with our tickets)

- No information on how you get from the car parks to the box office (from memory there's no direct route to PGA before 8am on Wednesday other than the road)

- A requirement to bring the card used to purchase (what if we didn't use our own card to purchase?)

Wild. 

The purchase card has always been on the t&cs, but I find everyone you deal with at the festival is reasonable and isn’t a jobsworth at all. Your picture is on the ticket, they tend to be pretty sound about it.

One could argue that you have a purchased a ticket from Wednesday 8 am (or before for car/campers) and that you legally should be able to be there? The deal is that you get camping for that time, and there was at no point clarity on the quite limited times of box office opening.

Will email seetickets (again). The more they get the more they'll think about it.

3 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

The purchase card has always been on the t&cs, but I find everyone you deal with at the festival is reasonable and isn’t a jobsworth at all. Your picture is on the ticket, they tend to be pretty sound about it.

Where is it on t&CS? On the seetickets order tracker it says "You will need to quote your order reference number and must provide a payment card or ID matching your booking details." This means you only need ID.

7 minutes ago, CanadianGuy said:

Where is it on t&CS? On the seetickets order tracker it says "You will need to quote your order reference number and must provide a payment card or ID matching your booking details." This means you only need ID.

Not sure! I remember it being there at some point, but we’ve collected at box office before and never been asked for the card, just photo ID. I wouldn’t worry too much about it, as stated above, they are all usually very helpful.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Yeah, just sent them another e-mail. Would be great if they actually answer the questions this time.

Wouldn't bother.. few people in our party have emailed with various questions and comments. And got the same copy-paste response.

Very poor!

2 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Yeah, just sent them another e-mail. Would be great if they actually answer the questions this time.

When I asked about the car, said that the Festival will send something out. The Festival has sent something out and it's nothing. I've emailed them again.

FWIW, I also emailed the Festival directly. In my case, they sent me to WV and WV has been silent. I emailed the festival again.

Being able to come to Glastonbury is becoming a real way of the cross for the international contingent :

- Getting the booking page after thousands of F5

- Paying the deposit with a credit card (with one out of two not working)

- Waiting

- Having the tickets rolled over to 2021

- Waiting

- Having the tickets rolled over to 2022

- Paying the balance with even more stringent credit card restriction (nine out of ten not working)

- Learning that the tickets won't be sent by mail

- Making travel plans with the covid restrictions

- Having you flights cancelled by the airline

- Making new travel plans at the last moment

- Receiving a e-mail telling you "Oh by the way, please arrive before 8 pm"

But we'll make it through, friends, and will have the time of our lives !!! 🤩

Edited by franswa
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Got a reply.... In other words, no one knows shiz.

"We believe you would need to stop off at the box office to collect your tickets, and then drive round to the Worthy View campsite. More information about collecting International tickets will be released by See Tickets this week, you can contact them by emailing: glastonbury@seetickets.com"

13 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

Got a reply.... In other words, no one knows shiz.

"We believe you would need to stop off at the box office to collect your tickets, and then drive round to the Worthy View campsite. More information about collecting International tickets will be released by See Tickets this week, you can contact them by emailing: glastonbury@seetickets.com"

Ffs. They're defo not going to allow cars into the coach area just to pick up tickets