The International Contingent

beefykoala

On 6/28/2022 at 12:14 PM, moogster said:

Hello International Contingent!

How are we doing? Are we home safe (or extending our holiday away from home safe?

Are we all asking seetickets to pay us back our unused parking tickets?

I think I read someone managed to park close to Ped Gate A? Was that luck or were there more of you?

How do we convince GL to organise things differently next year?

Red gate was where I first arrived, first guy I asked for advice wasn't sure, but he got a very organised steward who said I should drive to Bronze and they would look after me. Asked me to be patient with them as they had a lot of new staff, but everyone was dead sound. Parked at the temporary accreditation pick up car park at Bronze and from there it was a short walk to PGA to pick up my ticket. Then I had a chat with one of the stewards on my way back about where I should move the car to (I was kinda hoping to blag my way into hospitality parking!), she was going to let me park in staff parking, but I didn't wan't to get her into trouble, so after a bit more of a chat, she pointed to a gap that led to the front of Orange parking....went through there and ended up parked the closest I have ever been to PGA! 

11 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Red gate was where I first arrived, first guy I asked for advice wasn't sure, but he got a very organised steward who said I should drive to Bronze and they would look after me. Asked me to be patient with them as they had a lot of new staff, but everyone was dead sound. Parked at the temporary accreditation pick up car park at Bronze and from there it was a short walk to PGA to pick up my ticket. Then I had a chat with one of the stewards on my way back about where I should move the car to (I was kinda hoping to blag my way into hospitality parking!), she was going to let me park in staff parking, but I didn't wan't to get her into trouble, so after a bit more of a chat, she pointed to a gap that led to the front of Orange parking....went through there and ended up parked the closest I have ever been to PGA! 

Wow! If they don't sort out something out in the future it's worth a try! 

How are we doing? Are we home safe (or extending our holiday away from home safe?

I think I read someone managed to park close to Ped Gate A? Was that luck or were there more of you?

Currently in Porto, recovering slowly.

Beautiful city 

Staying on in London for a bit, back to Dubai in mid July. All felt nice and smooth this time around, a good one! 

Just got back home! Happy to finally get to see my dogs. They were mostly alone for a month. It was killing us 😞 They look good though and they were definitely fed 😅

We left thinking this will be our last Glastonbury for a while, which is what we always think though. 

Now time to catch up on the bbc coverage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I arrived back in Melbourne on Monday night/Tuesday morning and still haven't quite adjusted back. West to East is a harder jetlag, and arriving in winter is especially tough, as it's dark so much your body doesn't know when to be awake.

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I arrived back in Melbourne on Monday night/Tuesday morning and still haven't quite adjusted back. West to East is a harder jetlag, and arriving in winter is especially tough, as it's dark so much your body doesn't know when to be awake.

Yep. I was in Spain, 30 degrees, yesterday and now I'm throwing everything on because how cold it is. Still not colder than those Glastonbury 3am temperatures though. I was freezing.😅

The jet lag recovery was tough, and after 7 years of traveling from the Middle East or Singapore to the UK, I’d forgotten just how much that extra travel from Australia takes it out of you. 

Was it worth it? Absolutely, but I do think that’s probably me done for a while without being able to add the festival on to a broader trip. 

On 7/1/2022 at 6:59 AM, reflekting said:

That box office queue was a shambles, probably the worst thing I experienced all festival. Didn't face many of the same issues other people did with crowds thankfully and a great weekend all in. 

Luckily they cant stick everyone with box office next year so itll be a cinch.

Got back last weekend. Only took 2 days to adjust on the jet lag which is nice. Although will be changing time zones again next week but not as extreme.

Small news: I did get See to pay me back the parking ticket that was handed to me at box office. But it may be because I complained before about the fact this was a pain and had an email saying "the stewards will let you through".

Otherwise recovering from Covid too. Thinking about best options on transport/stay should *cross fingers and toes* we manage to get tickets in October/april for next year. The drive back took us 12 hours and that was very painful. Not flight to Australia/South America painful but still!

If the festival is insistent on making international arrivals pick their tickets up from the box office, I don't see why they can't just put the box office next to the main wristband gate and funnel you into the festival directly from there instead of making people queue twice (which was my understanding from what people said on here). 

You get into the PGA queue like everyone else, but once you're nearly at the wristbands, you're siphoned off to collect your tickets, and then straight into the festival like everyone else.

14 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

If the festival is insistent on making international arrivals pick their tickets up from the box office, I don't see why they can't just put the box office next to the main wristband gate and funnel you into the festival directly from there instead of making people queue twice (which was my understanding from what people said on here). 

You get into the PGA queue like everyone else, but once you're nearly at the wristbands, you're siphoned off to collect your tickets, and then straight into the festival like everyone else.

I think this year they just didnt want to deal with the shipping issues globally. They could alleviate this by just letting you get it shipped and possibky pay and extra £10 for tracking or by having a pick up location in London the week before the festival. I think the other thing is that they couldve figured out who is doing Sticklinch and Worthy View so put those tickets in those places. But obviously theyre just lazy

On 7/1/2022 at 7:13 PM, moogster said:

Has anyone attempted to get cash back for their parking ticket, after some had to buy one because the "the stewards will lwt you through" thing didn't really work?

Yeah, I emailed them last week and we will get our money back for the one bought with the tickets. 🙂

Feels like ages since we were on the field! Is it too early to get nervous for the ticket sale?

1 hour ago, Robinn said:

Feels like ages since we were on the field! Is it too early to get nervous for the ticket sale?

Each to their own of course, but it takes about a month for me to shake off the downside of international travel and start to want to get back to the farm again.

I have to acclimatise back to my home time zone, get a couple of paydays behind me, miss my parents instead of being annoyed by them, and forget all the inconveniences.

I’m in the middle of that process now. Soon enough, ticket day dread will be upon me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am still high from the fest but that may have been because I've been home since due to "the virus". It's getting less though and I have a trip in September I need to prepare a bit for so it's taking over.

I am still going over the possible combinations of ticket/travel/stay and wondering if I should try for coach in October. That would solve the ticket thing and priority for WV/SL would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, kalifire said:

And to think the big drama was supposed to be the age restriction/guardianship thing. Shame. Stinks a lot of artists couldnt make it up with side shows. 

• 3 weeks later...

So.. how is post Glastonbury life going for the rest of you internationals?

I’m finding this winter brutal!! Since returning home a month ago I have had COVID, Gastro (due to the small human) and now a really bad cold (also due to the small human). That’s a lot for a four week period.  It also feels like it hasn’t stopped raining and my city (Wellington, NZ) is falling apart with land slips everywhere.

Hard to imagine being healthy and enjoying warm summers nights in those fields now 😔