The International Contingent

beefykoala

49 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Does not sound like they have a well oiled machine up and running. Why the hell they did not simply post them all out a month ago is beyond be. 🙄

this sound very familiar. they did the same in 2009 and it was a disaster. we waited over 6 hours to get tickets and in the end they just gave everyone free tickets to enter. we're not arriving until tomorrow so i'm hoping the shitshow is over by then!

1 hour ago, PhilHOLL said:

this sound very familiar. they did the same in 2009 and it was a disaster. we waited over 6 hours to get tickets and in the end they just gave everyone free tickets to enter. we're not arriving until tomorrow so i'm hoping the shitshow is over by then!

2008 no? And M.E himself came down to the gate and sorted it? Tickets with no pics all round… why they reverted to pick up is beyond me ☹️

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Yep fuck this shit. Just got onto a worthy view shuttle bus. Might not have AC. Boiling sweat bath in here.

took almost 2 hours to get tickets and now its 3:45 on the shuttle. 

arrived off coach at 12:15. So yeah, 4 hours to do 2 simple things is bullshit.

Your first beer/cider will go down a treat. 

13 minutes ago, raku said:

Does anyone know if the international ticket collection cabin is still open? We got delayed and won't be arriving till after 9pm but it says the cabin closes at 8pm. A bit worried about being able to get in today

Glastoinfo is now saying it's open 24 hours

https://twitter.com/GlastoInfo/status/1539645434725023747?t=NEGBnYAh-DIhOgtE9sh6EA&s=19

22 minutes ago, raku said:

Does anyone know if the international ticket collection cabin is still open? We got delayed and won't be arriving till after 9pm but it says the cabin closes at 8pm. A bit worried about being able to get in today

Hopefully it will not be an issue and they maintain a presence overnight.

Let us know how you get on and what happens when you get on site. There are folk in our group arriving after 8pm tomorrow so knowing what happens this evening after 8pm would be a great heads up and help 👍🏻

22 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Hopefully it will not be an issue and they maintain a presence overnight.

Let us know how you get on and what happens when you get on site. There are folk in our group arriving after 8pm tomorrow so knowing what happens this evening after 8pm would be a great heads up and help 👍🏻

Yeah will keep y'all posted!

I'm also international (so I have to collect my tickets at International Ticket Collection Cabin) and I stay at Worthy View with my own car.

Quick question: Can I park the car for a short time around PG A to pick up my ticket and then drive to Worthy View Parking? (I only have a WV parking ticket)

I asked Worthy View and they said that I first have to park at WV, then drive with the shuttle bus to PG A for ticket collection, then drive back with the shuttle bus to WV (or enter the festival site at PG A and walk to WV).

I will arrive on very early friday morning so I think it won't be that busy. However, are there any chances for a quick stop with my car?

14 minutes ago, horst said:

I'm also international (so I have to collect my tickets at International Ticket Collection Cabin) and I stay at Worthy View with my own car.

Quick question: Can I park the car for a short time around PG A to pick up my ticket and then drive to Worthy View Parking? (I only have a WV parking ticket)

I asked Worthy View and they said that I first have to park at WV, then drive with the shuttle bus to PG A for ticket collection, then drive back with the shuttle bus to WV (or enter the festival site at PG A and walk to WV).

I will arrive on very early friday morning so I think it won't be that busy. However, are there any chances for a quick stop with my car?

We are driving up now and staying in Sticklinch. Will let you know if we could park car for little while just to get the tickets ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horst said:

It is 14.30 and am finally at the wv tent.. Arrived at 11.30. Quick oarking. Wait for the shuttle which  basically gave a touristic grand tour of somerset. No line at box office. Decided to walk through instead of waiting for the shuttle. Parking around gate a may be kind of possible but i'd define around as  something more like miles/km than meters and yards.

Tip: shuttle bus is at the bottom of the parking lots. No need to walk up to the wv entry. Saves a couple hundred meters.

Our Berlin contingent just showed up - 6.30am flight into Stansted, into Liverpool St by 9, on the 10.07 from Paddington to Castle Cary, tickets collected and onsite at 1.30pm. Everything flowing smoothly at Ped Gate A with collection and entry. Now the party can start!

19 minutes ago, moogster said:

It is 14.30 and am finally at the wv tent.. Arrived at 11.30. Quick oarking. Wait for the shuttle which  basically gave a touristic grand tour of somerset. No line at box office. Decided to walk through instead of waiting for the shuttle. Parking around gate a may be kind of possible but i'd define around as  something more like miles/km than meters and yards.

Tip: shuttle bus is at the bottom of the parking lots. No need to walk up to the wv entry. Saves a couple hundred meters.

So you picked up your ticket from the collection cabin, and then? Swapped for a specific VW wristband, walked through Gate A and went through the site to VW?

I'm asking because the FAQs say:

Arrival and Check in Process
· Have your Festival ticket in hand and ready to show
· Please be prepared that all adult attendees may be required to show some photographic ID
· Show the confirmation email with your Barcode
· Once your ticket has been checked it will be swapped for a Worthy View wristband. Please
look after it, as we are not able to replace lost or damaged wristbands.

9 minutes ago, horst said:

So you picked up your ticket from the collection cabin, and then? Swapped for a specific VW wristband, walked through Gate A and went through the site to VW?

I'm asking because the FAQs say:

Arrival and Check in Process
· Have your Festival ticket in hand and ready to show
· Please be prepared that all adult attendees may be required to show some photographic ID
· Show the confirmation email with your Barcode
· Once your ticket has been checked it will be swapped for a Worthy View wristband. Please
look after it, as we are not able to replace lost or damaged wristbands.

No you have your regular fest wristband + a wv one. Got my festival one at gate a and the stewards let me through up the hill into wv and got my wv wristband at the pink reception.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, horst said:

We just got into sticklinch! We parked the car near bronze gate to collect the tickets, and then went back to car and drove to the sticklinch car park, without problems ! 

• Like 1

Hello International Contingent!

How are we doing? Are we home safe (or extending our holiday away from home safe?

Are we all asking seetickets to pay us back our unused parking tickets?

I think I read someone managed to park close to Ped Gate A? Was that luck or were there more of you?

How do we convince GL to organise things differently next year?

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Currently sat in Singapore airport waiting for the final flight.

All the best team, and safe travels.

’twas good times 🙂

Go well! You have the longest of the two flights behind you. I’m doing the same route but leave tonight.