The International Contingent

beefykoala

1 hour ago, moogster said:

So I'm reading an article (in French, sorry) about people making their way to Hellfest this weekend. Out of the fact that you could replace Hellfest go-er by Glasto-goer through the article, the article specifies that they are expecting about 10 K people coming by plane from abroad. And that to welcome them, the festival built a giant guitar at the airport.

I'm guessing those people are not worried about their tickets...

PHOTOS. Hellfest : une guitare « Hell Force One » devant l'aéroport Nantes  Atlantique

There's gotta be a fair amount for Glastonbury also. 10k is going to be a nightmare if that's the international queue 

Hey,
Can someone from UK explains me how we can go from London St Pancras to Reading on the wednesday 22 afternoon ?
We were supposed to take Elisabeth line or the train from Paddington but with the strikes things I'm sorry but I don't get what is on or off on the wednesday.. starting to worry a little bit..

Thanks for your help !

Latest from See regarding CV Tickets:

We have arranged for you to collect your Glastonbury Festival ticket/ Campervan Ticket onsite from the Blue Pay/Search Lanes in the EAST and from campervan Search Lanes at BATH AND WEST Campervan Fields, from noon on Tuesday 21st June. When you arrive at the Campervan Field Check lanes please ask the stewards for your tickets. You will need to show valid photo ID, matching that of the lead name on your booking or the name on your ticket for individual tickets.

As well as a copy of this email, credit card bookers should take along the card used for the booking, whilst PayPal and Amazon customers should take along some official identification.

Only the account holder will be able to collect the tickets. You will also be asked to confirm your booking reference number.

Edited by basquille
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Cseguin said:

Hey,
Can someone from UK explains me how we can go from London St Pancras to Reading on the wednesday 22 afternoon ?
We were supposed to take Elisabeth line or the train from Paddington but with the strikes things I'm sorry but I don't get what is on or off on the wednesday.. starting to worry a little bit..

Thanks for your help !

That’s not a strike day so there should be trains running, however it will probably be a reduced and disrupted service, it will probably be a case of figuring out what train to get when you arrive at St Pancras.

according to thetrainline.com the timetables for next week will be released on Friday for strike days and Saturday for non strike days. Worth keeping tabs on thetrainline.com

Edited by Smeble

1 hour ago, basquille said:

We have arranged for you to collect your Glastonbury Festival ticket/ Campervan Ticket onsite from the Blue Pay/Search Lanes in the EAST and from campervan Search Lanes at BATH AND WEST Campervan Fields, from noon on Tuesday 21st June. When you arrive at the Campervan Field Check lanes please ask the stewards for your tickets. You will need to show valid photo ID, matching that of the lead name on your booking or the name on your ticket for individual tickets.

As well as a copy of this email, credit card bookers should take along the card used for the booking, whilst PayPal and Amazon customers should take along some official identification.

Only the account holder will be able to collect the tickets. You will also be asked to confirm your booking reference number.

If they can allow campervans to collect on Tuesday I don't understand why they can't do that for the rest of us. Put all the tickets there on the Tuesday and anyone who wants to go can collect!

3 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

If they can allow campervans to collect on Tuesday I don't understand why they can't do that for the rest of us. Put all the tickets there on the Tuesday and anyone who wants to go can collect!

Guess to get the campervan ones out the way before everyone else arrives, like the Campervans arriving Tuesday before everyone else to ease the flow.

2 hours ago, Smeble said:

That’s not a strike day so there should be trains running, however it will probably be a reduced and disrupted service, it will probably be a case of figuring out what train to get when you arrive at St Pancras.

according to thetrainline.com the timetables for next week will be released on Friday for strike days and Saturday for non strike days. Worth keeping tabs on thetrainline.com

Thank you ! I've seen there are two ways to go from paddington to reading (metro and train), we should be okay !

19 minutes ago, Cseguin said:

Thank you ! I've seen there are two ways to go from paddington to reading (metro and train), we should be okay !

Get the underground from Kings Cross / St Pancras to Paddington (using westbound pink/Hammersmith or yellow circle line).

loads of trains from Paddington to reading

1 hour ago, Ollie7490 said:

Thanks for posting. I missed that.

Landed in London on Tuesday. I seem to have got off lightly with regard to jetlag. I've definitely had it worse doing this trip in the past.

It’s now official 🙂 if the first flight on your journey is 20th or later… no tests. Might still have to do the online form but think that’s a formality.

Great news for me as we have tickets for ABs v Ireland on 2nd July 🙂

• Upvote 1

Anyone had any more replies form seetickets on the international collection?

My own situation is driving with friends arriving at the blue car park Wed morning, PG C would be our nearest gate, there doesn't seem to be any way for us to get to PG A to collect tickets from the box office.

51 minutes ago, JohnSmithy said:

Anyone had any more replies form seetickets on the international collection?

My own situation is driving with friends arriving at the blue car park Wed morning, PG C would be our nearest gate, there doesn't seem to be any way for us to get to PG A to collect tickets from the box office.

In a similar situation. Have asked for a pedestrian gate B pick up. Nothing helpful from See as yet. 

current plan is to drop off the overseas ticket holder at the drop off point and they will have to get a bus to gate A and then walk across site back to us. It’s bollocks. 

20 hours ago, basquille said:

So where is it exactly? Never drove to East CV before.

I made it!!!!! 35 hours. Became less fun as time went on. For anyone that hasn’t left yet my top tip is to invest in a mask that ties up behind the head rather than looping over the ears. I got used to the mask really quickly, but the backs of my ears are destroyed from that much mask use!!

Currently sunning myself at Hyde Park. It’s a glorious escape form the depths of winter!!

See you all soon!

27 minutes ago, Mark H said:

I made it!!!!! 35 hours. Became less fun as time went on. For anyone that hasn’t left yet my top tip is to invest in a mask that ties up behind the head rather than looping over the ears. I got used to the mask really quickly, but the backs of my ears are destroyed from that much mask use!!

Preach! I invested in some decent N95’s but  I’ll try and find some tie-backs for the trip back. Was genuinely quite sore towards the end.