The International Contingent

beefykoala

Uhh..

So as lead booker who paid for CV ticket and 2 entry tickets, I can pick them up at CV fields.

Yet the other 4 in the group paid using 2 separate cards and they need to go to PGA to get theirs.

I'm not even currently insured to drive CV so where do we put that in meantime.

The more information we get out, the more questions I have.

What a delightful clusterf*ck!

Edited by basquille

It’s quite clear that their planning for this went no further than ‘ fuck it, let’s  get all those foreign types to collect from box office, what’s  for lunch?’

only positive I can see is it will be such a clusterfuck they won’t dare do it this way next year.

1 minute ago, Smeble said:

It’s quite clear that their planning for this went no further than ‘ fuck it, let’s  get all those foreign types to collect from box office, what’s  for lunch?’

only positive I can see is it will be such a clusterfuck they won’t dare do it this way next year.

Those guys spend 24 h to get there, they can wait a couple of hours more...

On one hand I'm thinking we are quite a resourceful bunch and it won't be chaos but on the other, the amount of people realizing the problems that close to the fest may create chaos. 

I flew from Brazil to Glasto in 2016 and 2017 and in both cases our tickets and East Campervan arrived only after we were in UK.

Regarding East Campervan, on Wednesday morningof 2016 Festival, in the middle of the rain and chaos to get in, we were treated very kindly by Emily, the supervisor in charge, on the small shed (or maybe campvan box office) where they check the tickets. She let us in to the campervan area to retrieve the ticket in the box office in Gate A in the following day (wed).

To get to Gate A was very difficult because we were not allowed to passthrough the festival site and it was a long walk around the festival fence. We were helped by some of the staff and hitchhike as well. When we got to the box office there was no tickets as they were still on the mail, but the staff was also helpful to print the tickets and deliver to our campervan later in the day (Fiona, the chief in charge of the whole east campervan delivered to us).

In 2017 everything was much easier because Fiona and Emily remembered the Brazilians from the previous year, and we were let in on the campervan and did not even had to go to Gate A (Fiona once again delivered in our motorhome. 

Summarizing a too long message: 

• It was very difficult to park on Gate A to retrieve and incredible difficult to walk around the site from east campervan parking.

• I suggest to everybody in such position to talk to the Glasto staff as much as possible and ask for help (for a ride, to communicate to the box office, etc). If somebody from security does not help try another person. Show the email confirmations, tell your story and the effort to travel from so far to Glatonbury. That was really what saved us in 2016 and later in 2017.

• Thanks again for Fiona and Emily of East Campervan Glasto team. Their energy and willingness to help is what make Glasto so special
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, moogster said:

Those guys spend 24 h to get there, they can wait a couple of hours more...

On one hand I'm thinking we are quite a resourceful bunch and it won't be chaos but on the other, the amount of people realizing the problems that close to the fest may create chaos. 

If timed right and Heathrow immigration isn't a complete shitshow, I can be there within 10-12 hours of leaving my house in the US.

Got a reply to me pointing out that there's never any stopping/parking around PGA -

"You would need to speak to the stewards on the day as to where you would/wouldn’t be able to stop."

Kind of confirms what someone else said - they did really say "international people pick up their tickets and, yeah, beer time!"

4 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

Got a reply to me pointing out that there's never any stopping/parking around PGA -

"You would need to speak to the stewards on the day as to where you would/wouldn’t be able to stop."

Kind of confirms what someone else said - they did really say "international people pick up their tickets and, yeah, beer time!"

You should link the festival email address in on that thread now. Looks like traffic management is their issue as far as See is concerned

31 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Yeah. I can kind of see how this came about, but it's astonishing that they've proceeded given all these issues were predicted and discussed on here (and concerns expressed to GFL) about 3 months ago when it first became clear what the intention was.

Unless they've massively overstaffed the collection point and set aside some kind of provision for drive-thru or short term parking (which even then impacts on other traffic), collection at Gate A is going to be a monumental shitshow this year between the International tickets and the (anecdotally) much worse than usual Royal Mail issues.

19 minutes ago, Mark H said:

Wellington airport checking in!!! Off the Christchurch and then Singapore then London. It’s all real now!!!!!

Now that's what I call an international hero glastogoer.

Enjoy the movies,  airport daze and coming in as Europe is expecting a mini heat wave!

8 minutes ago, moogster said:

Now that's what I call an international hero glastogoer.

Enjoy the movies,  airport daze and coming in as Europe is expecting a mini heat wave!

Thanks! It’s all for a whirlwind two weeks as well! 

Worth it. 100%

4 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Oh my God...

Imagine if someone was to get a knock of a car trying to walk between gates, campervan fields, car parks and otherwise.

I’m just heading straight for the car park with my confirmation, the stewards are usually dead sound and really don’t want cars being thrown in lay-bys etc while people go to collect the passes anyway. Unlikely they cause much hassle if you show them you have one booked but they never sent it to you. I’d be surprised if this wasn’t officially communicated by the festival shortly if they are aware of an impending issue. It’s an easy fix. Worst case scenario, I’ll pay again on entry as it’s worth it to avoid the two way trek! (Obviously shouldn’t have to mind you). 

they wrote me:

In regards to your car pass, you will need to show proof of purchase when arriving in the car park. Once parked up you will need to collect your car pass from the box office and then display this in your car

so I told them I don't need a bloody car pass but just a short stop for picking up the tix. now asking me:

Do you have a UK address we can send a parking pass to?

would that make any sense? not really aye? if arriving wed evening I'd have to park there and walk half an hour to that collection right? just a short term parking directly at the bus & coach station would help? or would you actually take the parking pass?

9 hours ago, beatlemania said:

Do you have a UK address we can send a parking pass to?

Sorry but that actually made me laugh... And not in a happy laugh way.

I wouldn't have anything sent now.

My parking pass was allegedly sent Monday (UK-> NL) and my snail mail tracking app is now only showing a very vague picture of an item coming in on Friday, which I'm guessing is a magazine, unless the See envelopes are very colourful...

Still leaves Saturday and  Tuesday for me to receive it (no mail on Monday, off on Wednesday)...

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I swear SEE should have a pickup location pre fest for this kind of thing and it solves a lot for international since 99% of people coming in just  fly into London.

About anything else than Gate A. Or a simple dropdown on the website you can change until tickets are printed: Gate A, camper van / B&W / Castle Cary. Everyone's covered I think. You can't tell me the tech isn't there to get this working... Print in batches, put in piles...

So I'm reading an article (in French, sorry) about people making their way to Hellfest this weekend. Out of the fact that you could replace Hellfest go-er by Glasto-goer through the article, the article specifies that they are expecting about 10 K people coming by plane from abroad. And that to welcome them, the festival built a giant guitar at the airport.

I'm guessing those people are not worried about their tickets...

PHOTOS. Hellfest : une guitare « Hell Force One » devant l'aéroport Nantes  Atlantique