The International Contingent

beefykoala

1 hour ago, netspy said:

EasyJet canceled our flight, we were able to switch to a flight landing at Bristol airport on Wednesday around 7.15pm. There's no way we'll be in time to pick up the tickets before closing time.

What a terrible organization. First the imposed box office collection, then the limited time slots published a week before.

EasyJet is doing an absolute carnage. What a shame. 

Edited by AlexOvd

23 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Ffs. They're defo not going to allow cars into the coach area just to pick up tickets

I say they will but it won't be announced anywhere. Just keeping with the theme so far.

I emailed back saying that historically no cars were allowed there, you couldn't park, you couldn't stop. What's up?

Edited by herzzreh

3 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

I say they will but it won't be announced anywhere. Just keeping with the theme so far.

I emailed back saying that historically no cars were allowed there, you couldn't park, you couldn't stop. What's up?

I'm just not sure how the logistics would work. Like, there's definitely going to be a sizeable queue at the BO depending on the time of day. That'll quickly become a queue of cars.

8 hours ago, franswa said:

Being able to come to Glastonbury is becoming a real way of the cross for the international contingent :

- Getting the booking page after thousands of F5

- Paying the deposit with a credit card (with one out of two not working)

- Waiting

- Having the tickets rolled over to 2021

- Waiting

- Having the tickets rolled over to 2022

- Paying the balance with even more stringent credit card restriction (nine out of ten not working)

- Learning that the tickets won't be sent by mail

- Making travel plans with the covid restrictions

- Having you flights cancelled by the airline

- Making new travel plans at the last moment

- Receiving a e-mail telling you "Oh by the way, please arrive before 8 pm"

But we'll make it through, friends, and will have the time of our lives !!! 🤩

If ever a group deserved that first pint…….!

39 minutes ago, festival banter said:

Can I ask what the collection at box office email said about box office collection?

See tickets only just posted to Ireland today and there's a chance i won't get my ticket before travelling.

We're writing to you regarding your order for GLASTONBURY 2022 at Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset on 22nd - 26th June 2022  

We have arranged for you to collect your Glastonbury Festival ticket onsite from the International Ticket Collection Cabin. Please read the following information regarding the collection of your ticket carefully.

You will need to show valid photo ID, matching that of the lead name on your booking or the name on your ticket for individual tickets.

The International Ticket Collection Cabin point is located at the South Western edge of the Festival Bus Station, adjacent to Pedestrian Gate A.

The International Ticket Collection Cabin opening hours are:

- 8am - 8pm, Wednesday 22nd - Friday 24th June
- 10am - 6pm, Saturday 25th June
- 10am - 4pm, Sunday 26th June.

As well as a copy of this email, credit card bookers should take along the card used for the booking, whilst PayPal and Amazon customers should take along some official identification.

Only the account holder will be able to collect the tickets. You will also be asked to confirm your booking reference number,

This will cause major issues in our group, with people arriving in Bristol airport at 8pm on the Thursday and so getting to site after the box office is closed. Why it has such restricted opening times on-site when access to the festival is 24/7 from 8am on the Wed is a very poor decision and is going to cause a lot of problems if not reviewed. Why See thought a box office collection for international ticket holders was the way to go is beyond me, when previous years delivery worked fine and collection issues did exist in the past (especially 2008!)…. Very poor from See…

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

I’m so glad I changed to a UK address and my ticket is safely in my friends hands. I’d be stressing the whole flight. 

Now I just need my upgrade request to come through….

For a few seconds I was wondering what Glastonbury upgrade request you were waiting for 🙄

I'm wondering if they leave the sending tickets to such a late date, resulting in risks for international shipping, because they are afraid of fakes?

Everyone, keep on emailing See and the Festival, even if they don't answer I would hope this would come up in the review of how the festival went.

Alternatively who's in for a pacific demonstration ? 😄

Hey everyone, Sweden Glasto goer here! 

Thanks for sharing all the info, super useful. Although mad I should have to come here to find answers! I get no replies from Seeticket.

Sorry if I missed the answer to this… but do any of you know what happens with those of us in camper vans arriving Tuesday? My friends haven’t had their CV ticket and we’re planning to get in as it opens Tue. Can you get in, and how are you meant to make it over to Gate A on Wed? 😕 

Thanks!!! 

Edited by Glastopia

28 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

Uh.. in that letter they’re calling it “The International Ticket Collection Cabin” not a box office. Not sure what to make of it but it sounds like a separate box office. 

It better be a big ass cabin cause plenty of people will have to sleep there overnight waiting for their tickets weds night.

FAPWRfOXMAMyzHZ.jpg

Just got a reply from SeeTickets indicating:

"Hi

If your ticket is for collection, you will be able to collect your ticket (and any others linked to this if booked together) and campvan at the campvan box office.".

Where the hell is the "campvan box office"? Same as PG A?

• Like 1

Just got this reply from See regarding late Box Office collection without original payment card :

If arriving outside of the box office opening hours, make your way to the security cabin near the box office and you can collect the replacement documents then.

No need to take the original payment card. Please make sure you take Photo ID with you instead.

Kind Regards,
Rosie
Customer Relations Agent

1 minute ago, Glastopia said:

I just got this reply from see tickets answering a few questions …

4F0C4146-2902-4742-9839-E5D183DBB02D.jpeg

On WV I am supposedly getting a parking ticket in the mail so the correct order is "head to parking in WV ->head to get ticket -> head back to WV check in" 

• Like 1

So what's the plan for the "international ticket collection" queue (or Queue-zilla as we are already calling it in the group)?  Someone got some tunes?  Drinking games? singalongs?   Should we try for a world record?   Most people in a queue pissed at Seetickets?  Lets see if we can get it official!

7 hours ago, Reckoner said:

I’m so glad I changed to a UK address and my ticket is safely in my friends hands. I’d be stressing the whole flight. 

Now I just need my upgrade request to come through….

Where are you flying from? Premium awards and upgrades have been bone dry from US east coast.

2 hours ago, moogster said:

On WV I am supposedly getting a parking ticket in the mail so the correct order is "head to parking in WV ->head to get ticket -> head back to WV check in" 

Mine never came and even if it's mailed now, it won't make it. I'll be showing up at WV with an email printout.

7 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

Mine never came and even if it's mailed now, it won't make it. I'll be showing up at WV with an email printout.

I have an email from seetickets telling me it's ok to head there with a printout, in case you don't have that "on paper" I can fwd.

I am currently checking the app that tells me what snailmail is coming my way about 6 times a day...