The International Contingent

beefykoala

Just now, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

Dublin airport question.  I'm flying Toronto - Dublin - Bristol on Aer Lingus next Sunday.  Booked straight through on one ticket.  The layover in Dublin is tight-ish - just over an hour if flights are on time. Do I need to clear customs in Dublin, or just hop off the flight and walk over to the connecting gate?

Buffalo here! So this was weird but when I did JFK-DUB-BRS, I went outside for a bit, got stamped into Ireland and then I boarded flight to BRS and just walked off the plane in Bristol. No customs, no passport control. I don't know if I was supposed to self-report or whatever, but never got a UK entry stamp.

To this day I'm pretty sure that I was in the country illegally for a week or so.

17 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

Buffalo here! So this was weird but when I did JFK-DUB-BRS, I went outside for a bit, got stamped into Ireland and then I boarded flight to BRS and just walked off the plane in Bristol. No customs, no passport control. I don't know if I was supposed to self-report or whatever, but never got a UK entry stamp.

To this day I'm pretty sure that I was in the country illegally for a week or so.

Haha, well done!  Go Bills!

54 minutes ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

Dublin airport question.  I'm flying Toronto - Dublin - Bristol on Aer Lingus next Sunday.  Booked straight through on one ticket.  The layover in Dublin is tight-ish - just over an hour if flights are on time. Do I need to clear customs in Dublin, or just hop off the flight and walk over to the connecting gate?

Canadians assemble!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

Will do.  What's your route this year?

Drive to NY on Monday, drops kids off with the relatives, catch the day flight to Heathrow on Tuesday, sleep, get the car on Wednesday morning and drive. 

If not for the little ones, we'd just fly from Toronto... Two-ish hour drive beats 6-7...

Edited by herzzreh

1 hour ago, herzzreh said:

Technically you don't even need a passport if you're travelling between the UK and Ireland (as a British or Irish citizen) hense customs probably being a little lax.

10 hours ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

As I've just done it, you'll definitely need to clear customs...you can't access the "connections" without doing it. There wasn't another option but it was massively quick going through, but I would suspect that's dependent on luck when you land. 

• Thanks 1

Looks like my WV Parking ticket has been sent today. Glad we didn't plan a pre-festival holiday. If all goes well the letter should get there by Friday. Then I just read the story of someone who had his letter held up and had to pay for a fee...for a musical greeting card.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Can't believe they are doing this this later/with so little information...

Let's add to the confusion. My lead booker gets a notification the - I think  - parking ticket for WV was sent. Then gets an email that the lead booker has received the email for the barcode, but of course no said email, and the seetickets status says...This is an e-ticket event. Please ensure you can display your tickets on your phone or bring printed copies, as you will not gain access to the venue without them.

So no clue how the parking ticket has been sent and a mysterious lead booker (though I have to ask lead booker to check their spam folder) .

BUT I just saw I can download the barcode from the website.. at least that's something

This feels like an escape room.

Edited by moogster