The International Contingent

beefykoala

I'm conscious that we don't want to ruin the buzz for all the International Contingent on their way to the farm so I've started a new thread for Irish tickets given how tight it is now. It'll be handy to keep any extra information any of us might get that could otherwise get lost elsewhere✌️

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

I'm conscious that we don't want to ruin the buzz for all the International Contingent on their way to the farm so I've started a new thread for Irish tickets given how tight it is now. It'll be handy to keep any extra information any of us might get that could otherwise get lost elsewhere✌️

Are you doing an Eire-xit? I am rooting for you Irish Friends!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mark H said:

Nice! The big flight is out of the way!!! 

How have you found the COVID precautions? People masked up?

Now in London making my way to my hotel. Yeah nearly everyone was masked up in the airports and on the plane, and most of them properly. That all ended at Heathrow. Absolutely nobody here but arrivals masked up, nobody leading by any kind of COVID safe example whatsoever. Really quite jarring. Must have been an awful place to be when numbers/deaths were soaring. 

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Now in London making my way to my hotel. Yeah nearly everyone was masked up in the airports and on the plane, and most of them properly. That all ended at Heathrow. Absolutely nobody here but arrivals masked up, nobody leading by any kind of COVID safe example whatsoever. Really quite jarring. Must have been an awful place to be when numbers/deaths were soaring. 

Welcome home … yeah uk seems to have forgotten 😞 anyway …  see you soon 🙂 

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

Ah it wasn’t like that back then, masks were almost universal. Only in the last few weeks have I been flying without them (May 16th was when they were removed in most of Europe). Flew to Malaga on Monday and they were still required on board (mandatory on public transport in Spain), but flight home was maskless (not required anymore in Ireland). You’ll be surprised how quickly you fall back into the “normal” way of things! Welcome back! 

On 6/9/2022 at 2:42 AM, Mark H said:

Yes!!! So happy for you. Hope it’s a smooth trip for you and you avoid the COVID! Please post any tips you think of for the rest of us from your journey. Bloody long way isn’t it?

Best tip? Don’t take a four year old 🤪

Just kidding she’s been golden. There was a crying kid on the first flight and mini moth just turned to me and sighed “daddy, that baby is annoooooying”.

Edit. We bought Apple Air Tags to attach to mini moths clothing at the fest. Tried them out in our checked baggage and they’re working a treat. Takes the stress away knowing your bags have arrived at the same airport as you. Double edged sword though if it suddenly shows your bag on the wrong continent. I guess in that case at least you can make a plan rather than be stuck in limbo.

Edited by John the Moth
Expansion

44 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Best tip? Don’t take a four year old 🤪

Just kidding she’s been golden. There was a crying kid on the first flight and mini moth just turned to me and sighed “daddy, that baby is annoooooying”.

Edit. We bought Apple Air Tags to attach to mini moths clothing at the fest. Tried them out in our checked baggage and they’re working a treat. Takes the stress away knowing your bags have arrived at the same airport as you. Double edged sword though if it suddenly shows your bag on the wrong continent. I guess in that case at least you can make a plan rather than be stuck in limbo.

Oh my! I do have a four year old. But I’m not taking her. I have a pass out from parenting for two weeks 😀

Right, Worthy View instructions are in. No specific mention of international arrivals, although it seems the 2019 email did specify something. There's a direct email to them though so will copy and paste my previous emails to See and the general email basically asking how the f. we are supposed to park and get in.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

I know there was some worry for those travelling via the US.  COVID testing for international travelers flying into the US is being dropped starting Sunday!

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Travelers-finally-get-to-skip-COVID-test-to-enter-17233060.php

The stars are beginning to align! Great news for those coming via. US

Fantastic news about US testing!

Now for the bad news... Leaving in 10 days and no parking pass, no ticket instructions...

Decided to do WV for the second year now (out of 10) and this complicates things for us even more. Will they even let us park at WV of the sticker doesn't get here in time? Realistically, there are six "mail" days left for it to arrive and See hasn't sent it according to their tracker.

11 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

I'm in London now. Got here yesterday. All good except for the 2 year old who just refused to stop screaming/crying the whole flight and wouldn't let me sleep at all. 

🙂

Similar situation for us. Landed in Brum yesterday but got a total of 2 hours broken sleep in the 30 hours we travelled door to door. Now he's sick with something and waking up at 1am due to jet lag.

Dublin airport question.  I'm flying Toronto - Dublin - Bristol on Aer Lingus next Sunday.  Booked straight through on one ticket.  The layover in Dublin is tight-ish - just over an hour if flights are on time. Do I need to clear customs in Dublin, or just hop off the flight and walk over to the connecting gate?