The International Contingent

beefykoala

I've just emailed the festival highlighting the gap in information around the box office for those traveling from outside of the UK as well as asking what's the process if those of us in Ireland don't receive our tickets in time... I'll update here once I get something back.

I know See Tickets look after the ticketing but it's going to be a logistical nightmare if the festival doesn't have pedestrian routes sorted between the car parks and PGA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

I've just emailed the festival highlighting the gap in information around the box office for those traveling from outside of the UK as well as asking what's the process if those of us in Ireland don't receive our tickets in time... I'll update here once I get something back.

I know See Tickets look after the ticketing but it's going to be a logistical nightmare if the festival doesn't have pedestrian routes sorted between the car parks and PGA

This is why the set up at PGA will be an unholy mess. Amidst people queuing to collect - relatively straight forward process to hand these out - there will be 100s who are showing up without tickets and who need to have ID verified online and a "dummy" ticket handed out to them.

On 6/4/2022 at 5:31 AM, arcade fireman said:

Guessing I'm the only person mad enough to be arriving on Qantas flight 1 from Sydney on the Tuesday morning and straight off to Glastonbury that night?

Thinking jet lag might be beneficial for the nocturnal existence there, but we shall see...

Wow that is commitment, QF1 Sydney to Darwin, then Darwin to Heathrow 17hr second leg. I would probably have gone via SE Asia or Middle East to break up the journey but fair play. Hope you aren't too knackered when you arrive. 

Feeling a bit down on the festival right now. From our group of 4, one dropped out at balance payment time, the other could only get Friday and Monday off so is flying in late on Thursday night, and the other has run into problems with her flight - she’s coming from the west coast and was planning to combine a work trip with the fest, but her work scheduled her trip for this week instead, and now all the flights around the festival are $2k.   Unless something comes up I’m going to be solo for the first couple of days.

Does anyone have any tips for last minute flights, anywhere from Vancouver to Portland to anywhere in Britain?

57 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Wow that is commitment, QF1 Sydney to Darwin, then Darwin to Heathrow 17hr second leg. I would probably have gone via SE Asia or Middle East to break up the journey but fair play. Hope you aren't too knackered when you arrive. 

It's switching to route via Singapore from that week, so flights will be broken up a bit better 🙂

3 hours ago, Drinky said:

Feeling a bit down on the festival right now. From our group of 4, one dropped out at balance payment time, the other could only get Friday and Monday off so is flying in late on Thursday night, and the other has run into problems with her flight - she’s coming from the west coast and was planning to combine a work trip with the fest, but her work scheduled her trip for this week instead, and now all the flights around the festival are $2k.   Unless something comes up I’m going to be solo for the first couple of days.

Does anyone have any tips for last minute flights, anywhere from Vancouver to Portland to anywhere in Britain?

Check Dublin maybe? I just recently booked my flight calgary->Dublin and got a really good deal, from there a flight to London should be pretty cheap. I'd also check Paris, same deal. 

Gimme the exact dates they need to fly and I can do a quick Google flights search, I'm pretty good at it!

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

Check Dublin maybe? I just recently booked my flight calgary->Dublin and got a really good deal, from there a flight to London should be pretty cheap. I'd also check Paris, same deal. 

Gimme the exact dates they need to fly and I can do a quick Google flights search, I'm pretty good at it!

That’s a good shout, I hadn’t thought of Dublin! I’ve been looking for flights leaving anytime from Saturday to Monday (ie arriving Sunday to Tuesday) and then out the following Tuesday.

On 6/6/2022 at 4:59 PM, Poorside.2 said:

Haven't been dispatched yet.

Seetickets came back to me today they said they will post them out but really worried now they won't be here on time.  Can yoiu post here if you get notification they are sent.  I am hoping they will be posted this week.

For anyone on one of the Darwin to london Qantas flights, they are apparently flying under capacity due to route changes caused by the Ukraine situation, so might be worth a low ball upgrade offer if they send out bid emails. A reminder as well that all Qantas seats open up for selection 80 hours out from departure. 

23 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Unfortunately nothing we didn't already know in the response back -

"Those with international bookings should receive information on the box office collection soon and at least 7 days prior to the festival

The team at See Tickets should be able to advise on the ticket process"

6 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

"Those with international bookings should receive information on the box office collection soon and at least 7 days prior to the festival

Thanks for trying!

32 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

I got a similar response

"If your address isn’t UK, your tickets/carpass will go for collection."

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought you needed a carpass to get into the car parking areas to begin with. Don't know how that's going to be managed as going by the above, and probably slightly overexaggerating here, we'd need to queue to pick up the carpasses, then park lord only knows where, then to head back to PGA box office to queue again 🤔

1 minute ago, pentura said:

I got a similar response

"If your address isn’t UK, your tickets/carpass will go for collection."

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought you needed a carpass to get into the car parking areas to begin with. Don't know how that's going to be managed as going by the above, and probably slightly overexaggerating here, we'd need to queue to pick up the carpasses, then park lord only knows where, then to head back to PGA box office to queue again 🤔

Yeah, thats what I highlighted to SeeTickets to get mine updated to delivery (to Ireland). You'd have to assume they're going to have a separate area for box office this year though.

It's also key that they open it earlier than the festival gates too. Particularly given the festival opens for campers on a Tuesday but also because the queue/traffic will be wild if they don't.

8 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Yeah, thats what I highlighted to SeeTickets to get mine updated to delivery (to Ireland). You'd have to assume they're going to have a separate area for box office this year though.

It's also key that they open it earlier than the festival gates too. Particularly given the festival opens for campers on a Tuesday but also because the queue/traffic will be wild if they don't.

We stupidly missed the boat on getting the tickets posted to us. Should have looked into it far earlier!

It'll be interesting to see when the email and details come out for International bookings. I think the Box Office collection is going to be bedlam regardless, especially if there's a need now to pick up car parking passes aswell as the general festival ticket.

But it's a first world problem, and I think the pro's will far outweigh the cons! 

Just now, pentura said:

We stupidly missed the boat on getting the tickets posted to us. Should have looked into it far earlier!

It'll be interesting to see when the email and details come out for International bookings. I think the Box Office collection is going to be bedlam regardless, especially if there's a need now to pick up car parking passes aswell as the general festival ticket.

But it's a first world problem, and I think the pro's will far outweigh the cons! 

You might actually be better off in the end. As the delivery time became tighter, I rang customs to get an idea if they'd delay it. The chap told me the process is automated now but if See Tickets don't declare it correctly, there's a chance they'll get delayed there too (in short, tickets are treated like invitations so don't have an inherent value themselves. However if SeeTickets mislabel, the system might automatically send them for manual review which will in turn delay delivery)

1 hour ago, TheDayman said:

You might actually be better off in the end. As the delivery time became tighter, I rang customs to get an idea if they'd delay it. The chap told me the process is automated now but if See Tickets don't declare it correctly, there's a chance they'll get delayed there too (in short, tickets are treated like invitations so don't have an inherent value themselves. However if SeeTickets mislabel, the system might automatically send them for manual review which will in turn delay delivery)

Hopefully there's no issues and you get your tickets ok! Wonder what See's policy is in the event it does get delayed before the festival

9 hours ago, pentura said:

Hopefully there's no issues and you get your tickets ok! Wonder what See's policy is in the event it does get delayed before the festival

I reslly think its unlikely they will be here unless they are in the post by Friday its just stress we could do without!  Really kills the buzz of looking forward to it!

27 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Currently enjoying my first airport beer in 3 years 🙂

59E9D2C0-6473-470F-9228-A80C04F05657.gif

Yes!!! So happy for you. Hope it’s a smooth trip for you and you avoid the COVID! Please post any tips you think of for the rest of us from your journey. Bloody long way isn’t it?

I just have one more day to sort myself out as I leave Friday at 130pm! Packing is going to happen tonight, but I just had a couple beers on a patio and may need a quick rest 🤣 I'm going to Portugal first and it looks like I might need a test to get in. Someone at my work has had a positive covid test today so I'm hoping my plans don't get completely fucked 😅

• Upvote 1