The International Contingent

beefykoala

10 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

image.gif.5bacd13129dfa0683a4b1a9ed445c35f.gif

They should re-open the ticket office in Shepton Mallet for the days prior to the festival. Bringing potentially 1000s of tired people to that scabby hut is a joke.

Edited by Wooderson

16 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

They should re-open the ticket office in Shepton Mallet for the days prior to the festival. Bringing potentially 1000s of tired people to that scabby hut is a joke.

Yeah, I loved picking them up in Shepton Mallet, seemed kinda quaint! 

46 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

PGA on Wed going to be an unholy mess this year. As many people travel from abroad to the fest as travel from london.

Where do you even queue for ticket collection? I know the box office is right by the gate but there are only three lanes for queuing at PGA: shuttles, NE coaches, and See coaches (on the public transport side at least). There’s no lane for the box office. They’re going to need one this year. 

Edited by kalifire

That reminds me of something I’ve always wondered about PGA. After you’ve come out of your shuttle/coach and you have those three lanes, what’s to stop anyone ignoring how they got there and simply picking the shortest queue? It’s not like you’re asked to prove how you travelled when you show your ticket. 

In 2019, the NE queue was much longer than the See queue (or vice versa, I’m not sure) yet people were obediently choosing the lane representing their method of travel. It’s always occurred to me that they actually have the choice of all three queues when it comes to checks at the gate. 

Edited by kalifire

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

That reminds me of something I’ve always wondered about PGA. After you’ve come out of your shuttle/coach and you have those three lanes, what’s to stop anyone ignoring how they got there and simply picking the shortest queue? It’s not like you’re asked to prove how you travelled when you show your ticket. 

In 2019, the NE queue was much longer than the See queue (or vice versa, I’m not sure) yet people were obediently choosing the lane representing their method of travel. It’s always occurred to me that they actually have the choice of all three queues when it comes to checks at the gate. 

Have travelled by coach, using both See and NE in the past.... I can’t remember there being specific queues/lanes for each on the way in, just on the way out (which makes sense). That said, I could be wrong... you just tend to grab all your gear and follow the masses on the way in, but are looking for a specific coach/destination on the way out.

Actually if you arrive by car, before 8am on Wednesday, how do you even get to the box office? If I'm not mistaken, crudely highlighted in blue was where the queue started from the car park to PGA (which is usually 1000's deep hours before the gates open). You can't get through there until they open things up at 8am.

Screenshot_20220602-151952_Chrome.jpg

28 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Have travelled by coach, using both See and NE in the past.... I can’t remember there being specific queues/lanes for each on the way in, just on the way out (which makes sense). That said, I could be wrong... you just tend to grab all your gear and follow the masses on the way in, but are looking for a specific coach/destination on the way out.

This was the scene at 5am on Wednesday, 2019. 

2AAC4338-9598-4A88-B6DF-157C07D1C301.jpeg

Edited by kalifire

4 hours ago, herzzreh said:

In our personal case this would be horrible. We usually fly in, either stay the night around Heathrow if we arrive at night and drive the next morning or get in early, get a car and just drive straight there (usually with a Tesco stop in Andover).

Yeah, but if youre in the group of people that arrive after that window your queue at the festival is going to be minimal cause the rest of us got our tickets already.

7 hours ago, Robinn said:

I asked this in an e-mail, whether it's possible to pick up our tickets the day before (we're in the area anyway). The replied on May 16th saying "all box office information and timings will be sent to you shortly with all the information you require".

hmm thats interesting. I still wouldnt count on them doing the proper thing here.

I don't remembering seeing any signs for specific queues, I've always just followed where the most space was assuming it was the shortest and fastest way in. I'm guessing it's like the coach times on the Monday morning, when it all goes out the window and people just get on the next coach available irrelevant of time.

At that point, nobody really gives a crap. The driver just wants to start their journey and the fest-goers all accept the disorganisation as inevitable.

On the point of the Box Office, I can see them having a dedicated fenced queuing area this year, esp as they've made it default to pick up your tickets there. I reckon half of the people who bought from abroad had tickets delivered to parents/friends, and the other half will be arriving in dribs and drabs anyway, given how many coaches etc there. Like I said before, perhaps they even put the BO right on the main gate/wall and just let you straight in so you don't have to queue up twice.

5 minutes ago, dougal1 said:

My journey from Melbourne begins! Wishing you all safe and stress free travels. See you at worthy farm very soon! What a bloody great time we're going to have 😍

Wow. Are you the first person to start their journey to Glasto! And we saw it all LIVE AND IN REAL TIME.

Travel safe!

On 6/2/2022 at 3:47 PM, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Clearly whenever I arrive I’m just so delighted and excited to be there, I’ve never noticed this! 

2019 was the first time they did this to my knowledge before that it was always just one queue from memory (well deffo for see abs NE) it was a shit system and took way longer than previous years but I think the ticket checks were far more thorough 

19 hours ago, dougal1 said:

My journey from Melbourne begins! Wishing you all safe and stress free travels. See you at worthy farm very soon! What a bloody great time we're going to have 😍

The first one is off! Safe travels mate. I'm a few days behind you.