The International Contingent

beefykoala

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I got exit row seating when I rebooked my flights last year. Might as well get the leg room when the seats are there for the taking!

That's a must for me now. It adds $$$ to the journey but I've never regretted the decision. I can't afford premium economy and exit row seats give more leg room than that class anyway. It's the sweet spot, imo.

See tickets defo watching this thread - one of our gang has just been updated from delivery to box office without notice! 😂

*Edit - cancel that, looks like that was just for the bottle #BottleGate

Edited by TheDayman

On 10/4/2019 at 1:59 AM, beefykoala said:

Who are you and where are you from? What time is it there? Are you from England or just visiting because you've heard how rad Glastonbury is? What festivals do you normally go to back home?

I'll start. I'm originally from England (Surrey) but moved to America when I met my now husband. We married and he got a job at a fancy government lab doing sciencey things, so we moved to Knoxville TN. It's currently 7:59 and I have a celebratory glass of wine because I got us (and my sister in law) tickets. I went three times back in 2003-05, and I am excited to see how it's evolved, and show him the part of me that's still a bit lost in translation. We tried in 2017 and 2019 but got absolutely nothing and it was devastating (especially as we'd booked flights and tent and everything), so today is a real success for us. Over here in Tennessee we have Bonnaroo which is like Leeds/Reading in the layout, but very Glasto-ish in vibe. Much warmer though.

I'll still be trying in the Sunday sales though because I have siblings and their other halves in the UK wanting tickets.

Hey, good idea for a thread. I saw it about a week ago and thought I'd say hello.

I'm originally from Colchester, England, but started moving around the world a decade ago. Met my wife in the Washington D.C., and moved to Germany in 2015 and been here ever since. 

We're only an hour ahead which doesn't make a big difference for getting tickets or poster drops, and although I thought it would make getting tickets harder, I've managed to buy my dad and step-mum tickets once all the way from Hamburg.

I've been on wedding/nesting/baby making duty for the last four years and everything else has taken a back seat since then, but I've got high hopes to try and go next year as my wife and I are going to take our two boys for a week each to allow the other to go off and do whatever.

The only problem is that flying directly to Bristol from Hamburg isn't so easy, and although I could change flights, it sounds like a massive effort and I've already been wondering if I'd just go to London and get the coach, although returning on the Monday that route sounds even worse. 

Anyway, it's nice to know that there's other foreign contingenters out there!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hope all the international contingent get their tickets well in advance of travelling. They should be the first tickets to be sent. 

Box office collection for me. Didnt even think about switching to shipping when that option came about. One less thing to worry about. Like I can forget my wellies, but I cant forget my ticket.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Box office collection for me. Didnt even think about switching to shipping when that option came about. One less thing to worry about. Like I can forget my wellies, but I cant forget my ticket.

We've 3 car parking tickets across our gang... we weren't sure how we were going to get to the box office at PGA without them.

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

How quick does the queue go down when you pick the ticket up from the box office? I've thought about it before, but don't like the idea of queuing twice once I get there.

2 hours ago, TheDayman said:

We've 3 car parking tickets across our gang... we weren't sure how we were going to get to the box office at PGA without them.

How are yous getting your car park tickets? We're collecting the main entry tickets at the box office but assume the car park tickets will need to be posted?

2 hours ago, TheDayman said:

I changed mine to delivery too after seeing that you did, but they did also tell me if I wanted to pick them up, that if I showed my booking at the car park, they would let me in to park and collect...whether this has been explicitly communicated to the stewards at the car park entrances is another matter mind you! (mine still haven't been posted yet, so I may end up collecting them after all!). 

5 minutes ago, pentura said:

How are yous getting your car park tickets? We're collecting the main entry tickets at the box office but assume the car park tickets will need to be posted?

We contacted them to update everything from box office to delivery but probably didn't anticipate how fine See Tickets were going to be on delivery. 

Having contacted Irish customs yesterday, I'm slightly concerned that they may get further delayed if See Tickets didn't correctly complete the (rather complicated) customs declaration form (thanks Brexit). So for the moment it's fingers crossed, we might still be left trying to blag our way in to the car park to pick up our parking & festival tickets!

9 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

I changed mine to delivery too after seeing that you did, but they did also tell me if I wanted to pick them up, that if I showed my booking at the car park, they would let me in to park and collect...whether this has been explicitly communicated to the stewards at the car park entrances is another matter mind you! (mine still haven't been posted yet, so I may end up collecting them after all!). 

Yeah, really didn't consider how fine See Tickets were going to leave delivery. That said, the chap at customs did give me phone to contact in the case that tickets are held up. I'll be DMing it to anyone who has trouble!

2 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Yeah, really didn't consider how fine See Tickets were going to leave delivery. That said, the chap at customs did give me phone to contact in the case that tickets are held up. I'll be DMing it to anyone who has trouble!

Nice one! Hopefully won't need it!

I am eagerly waiting for the Worthy view email... And even maybe the parking ticket in the post. That one still showed as to be delivered by post. Am having a bit of a moment realising that it's only in three weeks and I had stuff sent from the UK that took longer than that (parcels though). 

Hopefully all goes well for all of us, and we can report and laugh about it after the fest... * cross fingers*

12 minutes ago, moogster said:

I am eagerly waiting for the Worthy view email... And even maybe the parking ticket in the post. That one still showed as to be delivered by post. Am having a bit of a moment realising that it's only in three weeks and I had stuff sent from the UK that took longer than that (parcels though). 

Hopefully all goes well for all of us, and we can report and laugh about it after the fest... * cross fingers*

Either that or there'll be an impromptu efest meet in the box office queue 😂

15 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Either that or there'll be an impromptu efest meet in the box office queue 😂

That's actually a fun idea. Let's all ask around who is who when we are there! (Unless they got smart enough to at least get the tickets to Campervan/WC/SL AND the posted to Ireland tickets make it on time)

1 hour ago, TheDayman said:

We contacted them to update everything from box office to delivery but probably didn't anticipate how fine See Tickets were going to be on delivery. 

Having contacted Irish customs yesterday, I'm slightly concerned that they may get further delayed if See Tickets didn't correctly complete the (rather complicated) customs declaration form (thanks Brexit). So for the moment it's fingers crossed, we might still be left trying to blag our way in to the car park to pick up our parking & festival tickets!

Think I seen somewhere that someone said about the confirmation email / See order number for the car parking ticket and that may be enough to get you in if you haven't gotten the car park pass by then

Either way I think I'll get in touch and find out from the proverbial horses mouth! 

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

How quick does the queue go down when you pick the ticket up from the box office? I've thought about it before, but don't like the idea of queuing twice once I get there.

We did box office collection in ‘19. Arrived around 3pm Wednesday and were the only people in that queue. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I don't think anybody knows because it's the first time they are doing this for international tickets by default.

I picked them up from the box office in 2017 but I had to request for that option. There was nobody in the queue when I got there to pick them up by Wednesday noon. I had to knock on the window for them to answer 😂

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, pentura said:

Think I seen somewhere that someone said about the confirmation email / See order number for the car parking ticket and that may be enough to get you in if you haven't gotten the car park pass by then

Either way I think I'll get in touch and find out from the proverbial horses mouth! 

That's what I was told for WV indeed.

34 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

I don't think anybody knows because it's the first time they are doing this for international tickets by default.

I picked them up from the box office in 2017 but I had to request for that option. There was nobody in the queue when I got there to pick them up by Wednesday noon. I had to knock on the window for them to answer 😂

Oh, I didn't realise it was default now. Makes sense with the amount of delays in shipping.

At least there can't be that many people flying in I imagine and I guess it's guaranteed to be there. Shame there's not a separate gate for international people to pick up their tickets and then go straight in so you don't have to queue again and prove again who you are.

Have a good one!