The International Contingent

beefykoala

Does anybody know if the tickets could be picked up on Tuesday in 2019? We arrive in the area on Monday and originally planned to start queueing early on Wednesday, so we hope to pick up the tickets the day before.

This whole collect from the box office thing will be a complete and utter cluster fuck, how are people in CVs supposed to get past the rest of the CV traffic on the Tuesday to pick up their tickets at gate A? If you are travelling from Dover you would just join the A37 at podimore and get in the queue for CVE, or get off the A303 at Wincanton and head up to B&W if that’s your destination, now you have to sit in that traffic to go past where you want to go to sit in another queue to pick up your tickets, then another queue to get into the CV fields. Not great planning.

only real way around from that direction is via Frome and Shepton Mallet but you will still hit traffic coming down from Bristol.

plus side is they will only do this once, it will cause so much grief they will be forced to sort it for 2023.

Anyone from the AU/NZ contingent struggling to comprehend leaving the country? I know that my flight is soon and I'm incredibly excited but I don't think it will feel real until I'm actually on the plane. It's like mild PTSD from the closed borders 😂

13 minutes ago, dougal1 said:

Anyone from the AU/NZ contingent struggling to comprehend leaving the country? I know that my flight is soon and I'm incredibly excited but I don't think it will feel real until I'm actually on the plane. It's like mild PTSD from the closed borders 😂

Struggling to get my head around the covid policies. I tested positive yesterday. Now I need to recover and I think I need to get a letter of recovery from my GP 10 days before I fly from NZ (13th June) in order to transit through the US. That or provide a negative test prior to flying. Bit of a minefield.

10 minutes ago, Ollie7490 said:

Struggling to get my head around the covid policies. I tested positive yesterday. Now I need to recover and I think I need to get a letter of recovery from my GP 10 days before I fly from NZ (13th June) in order to transit through the US. That or provide a negative test prior to flying. Bit of a minefield.

Eek, hope you get better soon! Hopefully you've caught it with enough time to then test negative before your flight 🤞

26 minutes ago, Ollie7490 said:

It seems likely you'll be testing negative well before 13 June.  Think of this as good timing because you're unlikely to get sick again at the festival.  I agree your implicit point that US testing requirements are stupid.

1 hour ago, Ollie7490 said:

Perfect timing mate, you'll be golden for Glasto!

3 hours ago, dougal1 said:

Big time. I have the Stockholm syndrome. Can’t believe I leave in 3 weeks!!!! Would be best if I could catch Covid now.

My group was initially all international, all first timers, and all have coach tickets, but we got another (international) friend a general ticket and car park pass in the resale.

He’s gotten no further emails, just that note to pick up his tickets at box office when his order is looked up at seetickets.

How does he get to the box office without his car parking pass? Is there temporary parking? Will there be any instructions or directions coming for how to get to the box office? Hoping someone whose gone before knows more about how this works - is there an email coming with more information?

1 hour ago, assorted said:

My group was initially all international, all first timers, and all have coach tickets, but we got another (international) friend a general ticket and car park pass in the resale.

He’s gotten no further emails, just that note to pick up his tickets at box office when his order is looked up at seetickets.

How does he get to the box office without his car parking pass? Is there temporary parking? Will there be any instructions or directions coming for how to get to the box office? Hoping someone whose gone before knows more about how this works - is there an email coming with more information?

We had this problem - three of us coming from Seattle, Luxembourg and Berlin, and two of us driving together. We found someone willing to take our tickets in the UK, added their address to our See accounts, then contacted CS to ask for the tickets to be mailed rather than will called. We pick them up on the Tuesday and head down together with our tickets and car park pass. (Our Berlin friend flies in Weds morning and is going to get the Will Call experience).

I have absolute confidence that will call is going to be a total shitshow so anything you can do to avoid that (and the likely hours of queuing and confusion) is worth it.

7 minutes ago, KidneyTerra said:

Same with me but I get the luxury of another day to recover and fly back to Brisbane on the Tuesday. Flying out on the Monday is mental.  I wish you luck.

Both of these are mental! I flew back to Melbourne on the Thursday after in 2017 and was still an absolute state on the journey back both physically and emotionally. Having an existential crisis while trying to transit through Dubai in pyjamas was not ideal, never again 😂

2 hours ago, assorted said:

I think so far what we know is that unless you went Irish and convinced See to post the tickets (too late now I guess, not to be Irish but to get things posted 😛 ), the situation is not super clear.

By emailing glastonbury(at)seetickets.com, I had a confirmation that for Worthy View, I could show my email confirmation and park there, then go to gate A to get my tix. Hopefully it would be the same for general parking and to some extent campervans, but I have to say I have doubts if this will work well / if the checkpoints will be aware to let people without a proper sticker pass etc.

I am waiting for the WV email that should come soon to see if there is more details, if not will do another round of emailing.

I’ve done the same flight Monday night in 16 & 17 but that was only to Abu Dhabi. 19 it was to Singapore so further but not terrible. All the way back to Oz this time. It’s not going to be fun, but it’s the only way that the trip can happen and I’ll be damned if I’m not going after the last 2 and a bit years of life. 

I have a number of points so I’m hoping upgrades come though at the least. 

You people are so brave. I went to Australia a couple of times from Europe and only because of the length of the trip I am pretty much cured of ever trying again, unless I spend two months there.

In other "England, we're coming" thoughts, I hope that the supermarket I'll stop by on the way has a good stock of... wotsits. I miss you guys!

7 hours ago, Ollie7490 said:

Flying to or through the US is a doddle (compared to the Middle East!)…just get an antigen test the day before and fill in the CDC passenger locator form (your airline should send you this beforehand, but can be done while in the airport if necessary). If your airline uses VeriFLY, then that’s the simplest way to upload your vaccine certs and test result (and they are approved in minutes…works perfectly compared to the crazy systems I’ve seen elsewhere!)…I flew to Chicago less than 3 weeks after testing positive myself, no recovery letter needed, just the antigen test the day before. Things have loosened up in the last week or so, I flew to Pittsburgh last week, masks on the flight on the way over and in JFK when I landed, on the way home rules had changed and no mask required at the airport (both Pittsburgh and Logan) nor on either flight (PIT-BOS or BOS-DUB). Prior to that, all airlines were announcing that it was federal law to wear a mask, but those announcements stopped on my way home. You’ll be surprised how quickly you fall back into old ways! Safe travels! 

10 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Flying to or through the US is a doddle (compared to the Middle East!)…just get an antigen test the day before and fill in the CDC passenger locator form (your airline should send you this beforehand, but can be done while in the airport if necessary). If your airline uses VeriFLY, then that’s the simplest way to upload your vaccine certs and test result (and they are approved in minutes…works perfectly compared to the crazy systems I’ve seen elsewhere!)…I flew to Chicago less than 3 weeks after testing positive myself, no recovery letter needed, just the antigen test the day before. Things have loosened up in the last week or so, I flew to Pittsburgh last week, masks on the flight on the way over and in JFK when I landed, on the way home rules had changed and no mask required at the airport (both Pittsburgh and Logan) nor on either flight (PIT-BOS or BOS-DUB). Prior to that, all airlines were announcing that it was federal law to wear a mask, but those announcements stopped on my way home. You’ll be surprised how quickly you fall back into old ways! Safe travels! 

Thanks for this. This is clearer info than I've found anywhere else online.

So when you say get an antigen test the day before. Presumably this needs to be accompanied by a letter from a health professional stating it is legit?

2 minutes ago, Ollie7490 said:

Thanks for this. This is clearer info than I've found anywhere else online.

So when you say get an antigen test the day before. Presumably this needs to be accompanied by a letter from a health professional stating it is legit?

Yes, needs to be a professionally administered test. US actually accepts proctored home tests, but easier to do in a travel testing centre that will issue you a cert. Needs to have your passport number, name, date of birth, name of testing company and time/date of test on it. The company I use issues the certs within about 20 mins and they have a QR code so accepted everywhere. They cost €35 in Ireland, but I paid $195 for one in the US! 

23 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Yes, needs to be a professionally administered test. US actually accepts proctored home tests, but easier to do in a travel testing centre that will issue you a cert. Needs to have your passport number, name, date of birth, name of testing company and time/date of test on it. The company I use issues the certs within about 20 mins and they have a QR code so accepted everywhere. They cost €35 in Ireland, but I paid $195 for one in the US! 

The testing stations I've seen here are $175 for a next day result. Problem is I fly on a Monday and they seem to be closed on Sunday. The test needs to be within 1 day of travel so I'd have to pay for a test the day I fly and use the urgent 6hr service. $325 😳

Edited by Ollie7490