The International Contingent

beefykoala

20 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised this isn't discussed more in here.

The covid stuff has been absolutely done to death. There was a thread on it that I think got killed off in the end, although a fresh one might have popped up in the general discussion part of the forum.  It was just an absolutely toxic conversation tbh, so was best to get shot of it.

10 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Yeah, more worried about getting it while I'm away and having to catch a flight

I hear ya, it's a difficult situation alright. No chance of a booster before you head across?

That or maybe hang around outside a covid ward shaking hands over the next week... pick it up now and you'll be golden 👀😂

Edited by TheDayman
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

I hear ya, it's a difficult situation alright. No chance of a booster before you head across?

That or maybe hang around outside a covid ward shaking hands over the next week... pick it up now and you'll be golden 👀😂

😂 i might have to

6 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Can confirm that Christopher has indeed officially given up! One email to him and his reply was “no worries”…changed to delivery! So anyone in Ireland at least that doesn’t want to pick them up, definitely drop See an email. Thanks@crazyfool1 for pointing me in the direction of this thread! 

Fantastic … and nice one Christopher if you read efests … 

• Thanks 1

How are people getting in touch with see tickets? I went to the order tracker on SeeTickets and then pressed "Contact our Customer Service team" and asked for my tickets to be changed to home delivery but i have heard nothing back and that was ~3 days ago, Is there a faster way to get in touch with them?

25 minutes ago, padraig61091 said:

How are people getting in touch with see tickets? I went to the order tracker on SeeTickets and then pressed "Contact our Customer Service team" and asked for my tickets to be changed to home delivery but i have heard nothing back and that was ~3 days ago, Is there a faster way to get in touch with them?

Email Christopher at glastonbury@seetickets.com he got back to me right away. 

On 4/21/2022 at 3:48 AM, TheDayman said:

Anywhere in particular in the EU? The rules are fairly loose now across Europe. I have to travel a bit for work and the most strict I saw was Austria at the start of the year (3G rule - fully vaxed in the last 270 days and if longer, proof of booster or recovery) but even at that, I see they've loosened up quite a bit too.

I was hoping for south of France... it was dating I'd need three vaccines all within 9 months, and I've only had 2 and they were one dose Moderna one dose Pfizer. 

I can't seem to see it saying that anywhere today, it just says "fully vaccinated" without being specific on what that entails. 

I still haven't booked yet but was wanting to tonight... should I just go for it and hope they let me through? 

On 5/4/2022 at 2:46 PM, Calvin Klein said:

I never had any issues though. Only once, when watching a WC match in a pub in London, some random dude made a Falklands comment and walked away 🙄 but usually people are quite nice.

I'm genuinely surprised at this. I mean I'd expect most people to be OK with it, maybe give you a bit of friendly stick about it, but only one shit comment. Shocked, I am.

Maybe don't start wearing the '86 shirt though. That might be too much for some

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MetaKate said:

I was hoping for south of France... it was dating I'd need three vaccines all within 9 months, and I've only had 2 and they were one dose Moderna one dose Pfizer. 

I can't seem to see it saying that anywhere today, it just says "fully vaccinated" without being specific on what that entails. 

I still haven't booked yet but was wanting to tonight... should I just go for it and hope they let me through? 

Mix and match doses are fine (my wife has had different ones and was issued her EU digital Covid cert), last dose within 9 months = fully vaccinated, if last dose was over 9 months ago, need a booster. I’ve been through passport control in various European countries over the last while (Ireland isn’t in Schengen so we still have to go through it). Nobody has once asked me for my Covid cert, just my passport! (At various stages there were also passenger locator forms “required”…I had them printed out ready to go…nobody ever asked for them either!)…if you have proof you are fully vaccinated, you’ll be fine. 

edit: or, of course you could come to Ireland, where you don’t need anything at all! 😁

Edited by Toilet Duck

8 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Yeah, I think they could be a little clearer on the definition of fully vaccinated, that had me wondering at the start of the year too. As @Toilet Duck has said above though, fully vaccinated essentially means 270 days (so just shy of 9 months) from your second dose. If you're in that window and have the vaccination certificate, you're golden. If your second dose falls outside of that 9 month window, you'll need to get a booster or provide a negative test 48 hours prior to departure.

here's a handy date calculator for the 270 days - https://convert-dates.com/days-from/270/2021

Are you planning on going to France pre or post-festival? Rejuvenating on the French Riviera post-festival sounds like it would be the absolute dream!

6 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Yeah, I think they could be a little clearer on the definition of fully vaccinated, that had me wondering at the start of the year too. As @Toilet Duck has said above though, fully vaccinated essentially means 270 days (so just shy of 9 months) from your second dose. If you're in that window and have the vaccination certificate, you're golden. If your second dose falls outside of that 9 month window, you'll need to get a booster or provide a negative test 48 hours prior to departure.

here's a handy date calculator for the 270 days - https://convert-dates.com/days-from/270/2021

Are you planning on going to France pre or post-festival? Rejuvenating on the French Riviera post-festival sounds like it would be the absolute dream!

My first two doses were about 2.3 months apart, but I haven't had a booster yet. Should be fairly easy for me to get one. I just don't want to have to mess around getting tests!

I'm planning to go beforehand... post festival would be nice but I think it would be a bit of a waste as I'm usually a bag of shit for a whole week after the festival 😅

On 5/8/2022 at 11:52 PM, Suprefan said:

Still hoping they change the rules on returning to the u.s on the covid test. But at least no stress when entering the uk.

There were rumors that these regulations were going to be dropped in the next few weeks. Honestly though, I've done this a couple of times now, and I don't think they go very far up the nose on purpose - they don't want your covid ass stuck in their country. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

I've done this a couple of times now, and I don't think they go very far up the nose on purpose

Sorry but for some childish reason that made me laugh.! In contrast we got tested at jersey airport (channel islands not the US jersey), last year and I thought the swab was about to pierce my brain. They only stopped when I yelled for f**ks sake.  Hopefully the regulations get relaxed for you. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sorry but for some childish reason that made me laugh.! In contrast we got tested at jersey airport (channel islands not the US jersey), last year and I thought the swab was about to pierce my brain. They only stopped when I yelled for f**ks sake.  Hopefully the regulations get relaxed for you. 

I don't tell many people this but I kinda like it when it goes all the way up there.

4 hours ago, beefykoala said:

There were rumors that these regulations were going to be dropped in the next few weeks. Honestly though, I've done this a couple of times now, and I don't think they go very far up the nose on purpose - they don't want your covid ass stuck in their country. 

I hope not. But we'll see I guess. Still got a month.

On 5/5/2022 at 6:31 AM, Hugh with a P said:

Hi.  Thought I would update you on this .... I kept hounding Christopher all week about having our tickets posted to our Irish address.  He finally caved this morning.  Got an email from him advising me that my details have been changed from 'collection' to delivery' and will be posted to my Irish address.  I checked on the See tickets order tracker and it has indeed been changed.  Delighted !!!

Others in my group have been dealing with Dan and Rosie, both very helpful.  Some of our group changed their address to a UK one, others did as I did and kept hounding them until they agreed to post to their Irish addresses.   

Not sure where you are located but it's worth hassling them to change it to your own address if you're nervous about them going to your friends Mums house.  

Ah, thanks that's helpful.  I might follow up with him again this week, just to see.  We're in Toronto, and have always had the tickets posted here, or received on the coach in previous years.

I’m due to leave in a month today!! That seems crazy to me given this trip has been planned in some form since October 2019!

Getting really nervous about Covid though! I haven’t had it yet and with cases on the rise around NZ it seems quite possible that I’ll either get it just before I’m due to leave, or on arrival to London after the flight. Either is likely to ruin Glastonbury (or mean I can’t go at all)

It’s really limiting my pre trip excitement. Anyone else in the same boat?

(also, I had another look at airfares, the most expensive I have ever seen!! So glad I booked sometime ago)

13 minutes ago, Mark H said:

I’m due to leave in a month today!! That seems crazy to me given this trip has been planned in some form since October 2019!

Getting really nervous about Covid though! I haven’t had it yet and with cases on the rise around NZ it seems quite possible that I’ll either get it just before I’m due to leave, or on arrival to London after the flight. Either is likely to ruin Glastonbury (or mean I can’t go at all)

(also, I had another look at airfares, the most expensive I have ever seen!! So glad I booked sometime ago)

Shit, you're right about the cost of flights! Just took a quick look and they're soaring. Hopefully that'll settle back down.

I'm in the same boat about Covid. I'm basically going to quarantine myself for a week/10 days before I leave. Not so worried about the flight (I've heard that the filter system on board actually makes the plane safer than you'd think) although being surrounded by people is far from what I'm used to so it'll be a bit nervy.

3 hours ago, Mark H said:

Pretty much the same for me 

Right, on the "where do I park if I have to pick up my tickets at PGA" topic:

I emailed See again, and in the case of worthy view, See just answered:

You will be able to park if you provide a copy of your confirmation emails, then you'll be able to collect your tickets from the box office.

Guess who is printing not only the confirmation email but the See email along with it...!

So yes not bad, parking at WV, shuttle to gate A then shuttle back or stroll back through the fest.

I would hope the same would work for those parking in general parking. For campervans though camperfields to PGA not really a great solution...

*slight relief* 

Edited by moogster