The International Contingent

beefykoala

On 5/3/2022 at 10:19 AM, moogster said:

Out of curiosity, how many of you bring a flag of where you come from? I'm pretty sure a lot of the foreign flags are just from folks enjoying a visible and different visual point of reference.

(We bring a Japanese purchased koi fish flag for our tent, although not being Japanese)

I've seen an Argentinian flag during the broadcast many times over the last few years but I've never met them. We took one in 2014 (without the pole though) but I always felt a bit stupid taking it out. 

15 hours ago, dreadwing said:

Is anyone else Travelling back via USA? I'm bricking it about testing positive. Pre departure test (negative result) 1 day before still needed, plus doubled vaxed (which I am, boosted even) even if transferring through.

Flights booked 9th June -  NZ to UK (Via USA)

Not only will be gutted about missing Glastonbury, I also haven't seen my family for 3 and half years.

I had better price options via USA but couldn't because I have 2 doses of Sputnik V. I work from home so I will be staying inside as much as I can 2 weeks prior to flying.

I am more concerned about catching it during Glastonbury though. 😬 

12 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

I've seen an Argentinian flag during the broadcast many times over the last few years but I've never met them. We took one in 2014 (without the pole though) but I always felt a bit stupid taking it out. 

I wouldn't feel 100% comfortable walking around with a French flag... You never know with les anglais 😜

1 minute ago, moogster said:

I wouldn't feel 100% comfortable walking around with a French flag... You never know with les anglais 😜

I also had my 98 World cup Argentinian shirt. The ones they wore when we beat England. Again, I'm afraid someone might not like it 😄

1 minute ago, Calvin Klein said:

I also had my 98 World cup Argentinian shirt. The ones they wore when we beat England. Again, I'm afraid someone might not like it 😄

My brother brought me an Argentina shirt as a present on his travels … it’s not had an awful lot of use 

• Upvote 1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

My brother brought me an Argentina shirt as a present on his travels … it’s not had an awful lot of use 

I never had any issues though. Only once, when watching a WC match in a pub in London, some random dude made a Falklands comment and walked away 🙄 but usually people are quite nice.

On 5/3/2022 at 10:41 PM, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

Yeah, I was thinking about updating my address as well.  Right now, going back and forth on what's the bigger risk - waiting in a potentially long line at Gate A, or trying to get them posted to one of our group's mom's house. I worry she'll get the tickets and put them in a drawer and forget where they are!  I'm arriving by coach Wednesday later afternoon, so figure I might just take my chances with the ticket pick up.  

Hi.  Thought I would update you on this .... I kept hounding Christopher all week about having our tickets posted to our Irish address.  He finally caved this morning.  Got an email from him advising me that my details have been changed from 'collection' to delivery' and will be posted to my Irish address.  I checked on the See tickets order tracker and it has indeed been changed.  Delighted !!!

Others in my group have been dealing with Dan and Rosie, both very helpful.  Some of our group changed their address to a UK one, others did as I did and kept hounding them until they agreed to post to their Irish addresses.   

Not sure where you are located but it's worth hassling them to change it to your own address if you're nervous about them going to your friends Mums house.  

That's registered Royal mail right, this one ? I am wondering what the T&Cs are for sending abroad and just can't remember if I had to sign for it in the past.

(And I'm giving it a week before emailing again to ask exactly where I can park without my parking ticket so that I can pick up my parking ticket)

12 minutes ago, Hugh with a P said:

Hi.  Thought I would update you on this .... I kept hounding Christopher all week about having our tickets posted to our Irish address.  He finally caved this morning.  Got an email from him advising me that my details have been changed from 'collection' to delivery' and will be posted to my Irish address.  I checked on the See tickets order tracker and it has indeed been changed.  Delighted !!!

Others in my group have been dealing with Dan and Rosie, both very helpful.  Some of our group changed their address to a UK one, others did as I did and kept hounding them until they agreed to post to their Irish addresses.   

Not sure where you are located but it's worth hassling them to change it to your own address if you're nervous about them going to your friends Mums house.  

Good stuff, persistence pays off!

Still perplexed as to why it was such a hassle for you lot when it was completely painless to update ours but sure you're sorted now so happy days!

5 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Good stuff, persistence pays off!

Still perplexed as to why it was such a hassle for you lot when it was completely painless to update ours but sure you're sorted now so happy days!

Yeah strange alright but as you say, sorted now so happy out !   I'd say Christopher just did it in the end to get rid of me 🙂 

Just now, Hugh with a P said:

Yeah strange alright but as you say, sorted now so happy out !   I'd say Christopher just did it in the end to get rid of me 🙂 

Probably the joy of being tracked with customer service KPIs on how long it takes to solve a customer issues...! 

2 minutes ago, moogster said:

That's registered Royal mail right, this one ? I am wondering what the T&Cs are for sending abroad and just can't remember if I had to sign for it in the past.

(And I'm giving it a week before emailing again to ask exactly where I can park without my parking ticket so that I can pick up my parking ticket)

It may be slightly different for delivery to Ireland, given we share a border the UK and the Brexit stuff still hasn't been sorted, but yeah, focus on the car parking tickets.

If you're not sorted within the next couple of days, I'd raise it directly with the festival as the logistical issue is going to be with them, not See Tickets. There's no overflow car park for box office ticket collection highlighted on the map so I'd hazard a guess that the festival isn't fully aware. The last thing they'll want is to have to try and deal with people trying to park along the roadside.

20 minutes ago, moogster said:

I definitely remember having to sign for ours in the past.  I think it is Royal Mail.

I wouldn't leave it a week before emailing them again.  Keep the pressure on.  

21 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

I had better price options via USA but couldn't because I have 2 doses of Sputnik V. I work from home so I will be staying inside as much as I can 2 weeks prior to flying.

I am more concerned about catching it during Glastonbury though. 😬 

Given community prevalence of covid here right now, I'd be amazed if you didn't catch it to be honest. Unless you're gonna be zorbing it around the festival site all weekend.

20 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

It may be slightly different for delivery to Ireland, given we share a border the UK and the Brexit stuff still hasn't been sorted, but yeah, focus on the car parking tickets.

If you're not sorted within the next couple of days, I'd raise it directly with the festival as the logistical issue is going to be with them, not See Tickets. There's no overflow car park for box office ticket collection highlighted on the map so I'd hazard a guess that the festival isn't fully aware. The last thing they'll want is to have to try and deal with people trying to park along the roadside.

Urgh I forgot things were still "special" with regards to Ireland.

I saw a 2019 email from Worthy View saying you needed to get your international tickets before showing up, so it looks like it's not new. But then seetickets (order tracker) sort of says that the WV car park will be dispatched, which would make things slightly less painful.
Last time I emailed the answer was that there would be more news in May so indeed, we are now entitled to an answer 😉

For people who got their tickets changed from Box Office to Postage did you just log the request in the Seetickets page for the order?  Did you give any explanations or justifications or just ask nicely for it?

edit: asking nicely via the query form attached to the order had Christopher back to me in under ten minutes say it will be posted!

Edited by snipe

29 minutes ago, snipe said:

For people who got their tickets changed from Box Office to Postage did you just log the request in the Seetickets page for the order?  Did you give any explanations or justifications or just ask nicely for it?

edit: asking nicely via the query form attached to the order had Christopher back to me in under ten minutes say it will be posted!

Looks like @Hugh with a P broke Christopher 😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jefwefwef said:

Given community prevalence of covid here right now, I'd be amazed if you didn't catch it to be honest. Unless you're gonna be zorbing it around the festival site all weekend.

I reckon if you were suitably minded you could avoid it.  If you're happy being a bit further back from the stages and avoiding the real crowd crushes you could probable skip it. But yeah, if you wanna be in the crowd and in the thick of it then it's probably gonna happen.

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

I reckon if you were suitably minded you could avoid it.  If you're happy being a bit further back from the stages and avoiding the real crowd crushes you could probable skip it. But yeah, if you wanna be in the crowd and in the thick of it then it's probably gonna happen.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised this isn't discussed more in here.

5 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised this isn't discussed more in here.

I'd probably be more concerned if I hadn't picked it up again last month.

Are you worried about getting it in general or just the pain in ass it will cause on the way home?

11 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

I'd probably be more concerned if I hadn't picked it up again last month.

Are you worried about getting it in general or just the pain in ass it will cause on the way home?

Yeah, more worried about getting it while I'm away and having to catch a flight