The International Contingent

beefykoala

I wonder what percentage of festival attendees are international, I'd imagine significant enough.

But outside of the delay to entry as a result of long queues at the box office - which they may be happy to accept - I'm interested to find out how they plan to address the very real traffic management issues someone with a campervan is going to face getting to/from PGA and how they are going to provide access to the car park to people who's car parking tickets are with their festival tickets at the box office.

In 2013 we opted for box office collection as we were travelling for a year and had no where to send them. It was seamless, arrived about 2pm on the Wednesday and there was no line at all. Had our tickets in about 2 minutes. Can see that it might be different though if it applies to every international!!! 

Blessed to see this thread still going 🙂

Finally allowing myself to plan and get excited. Five years in the making. Lets do this.

Edit: Just caught up on the last few pages - am now realizing we were accidentally making shit a lot easier by buying the Coach Package tickets. Just have to make sure we get to the coach in time and everything else is easy.

Edited by beefykoala

1 hour ago, beefykoala said:

Blessed to see this thread still going 🙂

Finally allowing myself to plan and get excited. Five years in the making. Lets do this.

Edit: Just caught up on the last few pages - am now realizing we were accidentally making shit a lot easier by buying the Coach Package tickets. Just have to make sure we get to the coach in time and everything else is easy.

I've taken the see coach twice - the most frustrating part is looking at your watch wondering "why haven't we started off yet?!" 

Both times, we set off within 20 minutes of when we were supposed to, delays included too many bags for the bus, or waiting for the bus to arrive.   It's not a big deal honestly, and the drivers have always been lovely, but when the excitement sets in at the same time your impatience - cue me looking at my watch every 3 seconds haha.  

I saw a comment from someone on Instagram that seetickets will now post to Ireland if you contact them to specifically request this. I was sceptical but sent them an email anyway, and they did actually get back to me on Thursday and said they can arrange to post to Ireland.

9 hours ago, Olshansky said:

I've taken the see coach twice - the most frustrating part is looking at your watch wondering "why haven't we started off yet?!" 

Both times, we set off within 20 minutes of when we were supposed to, delays included too many bags for the bus, or waiting for the bus to arrive.   It's not a big deal honestly, and the drivers have always been lovely, but when the excitement sets in at the same time your impatience - cue me looking at my watch every 3 seconds haha.  

I feel that. I am just excited to watch my husband's very excitable sister react to the Glastonbury excitement. I can see it now, we're sat on the coach and she's going to be squealing over everything we pass on the motorway. She's going to lose her shit as we drive up to the fest, she might actually cry. Hell, I might actually cry too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kalifire said:

Who's first to fly over, from the international contingent? I leave Melbourne on 8th June.

I've got a whirlwind planned.  I leave NYC May 25th. First I'm in Dublin for a week.  Then Barcelona for Primavera. From there I'm in Berlin for a while, and then I get to London on the 19th.  

Edited by Olshansky
spelling

1 hour ago, beefykoala said:

Will any of yous be in London the Tuesday night before Glasto? We've got the coach package leaving 9am, might be fun to meet up for dinner or something before stepping beyond the default world.

Wednesday coach out of London at 11am. Cutting it a bit close and not getting in until Tuesday morning, though. Would be down to do a dinner with folks that evening!

17 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

Can anyone offer advice re: covid testing to fly?  I'm finding a lot of conflicting information.  

Do you need to test from leaving EU to UK?  UK to US? within the EU? 

I can only confirm UK to US you need to test. Hoping that changes before june...

• Like 1