The International Contingent

beefykoala

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

the real question is timing. If the festival aren’t posting internationally, they may not give enough time for that to happen which would undermine any international forwarding you arrange yourself. 

This.  Seetickets are notorious for not thinking about these things.  Whenever I have bought tickets through them (Frank Turner shows) they never posted them out with enough time for them to arrive before I set off travelling. And that was before Brexit. I always had to change to box office collection. If doors for a gig open at 7 p.m., that is exactly the time when someone scratched their head and wondered where the box of tickets for collection could be... Happened time and again, and if I wanted a front row spot for gigs friends would have to keep me a place while the ticket box was found.

For a good few years Glastonbury was the happy exception and tickets arrived registered at the post office for collection a good three weeks before the festival.

I had the above confusing results at some point last week, you're not alone. The worthy view orde on seer says it will be shipped but if I'm not mistaken you can't get in without your ticket so...

Currently wondering where can international vehicles drop their car/van off for a couple of hours to get tickets sorted. B&W?

11 minutes ago, moogster said:

I had the above confusing results at some point last week, you're not alone. The worthy view orde on seer says it will be shipped but if I'm not mistaken you can't get in without your ticket so...

Currently wondering where can international vehicles drop their car/van off for a couple of hours to get tickets sorted. B&W?

That's a really good point... How are we even meant to get into the car park when our car parking tickets are (I assume) with our tickets?

19 minutes ago, moogster said:

If you call See and insist they'll post your tickets out

Got a reply from See. And it sounds positive.

“If you’d like to have the ticket sent to your address we can change this, but <Your friend> will need to get in touch with us directly to have this changed.

All box office information will be confirmed closer to the event date via email to the booker of the international tickets.”

So, according to some other posters here, the checkout page says "must provide a payment card or ID" for box office collection. I interpret this as - you don't need the payment card to pick it up.

However, I emailed Glastonbury and they said I need to bring the payment card? I won't have the payment card because someone who is not coming to the festival paid for the tickets for me - and of course, they won't let me take their credit card across the world. Who should I believe? I'm stressing out because I'm not sure if I will be able to pick up my ticket anymore.. 

Edited by CanadianGuy

57 minutes ago, CanadianGuy said:

So, according to some other posters here, the checkout page says "must provide a payment card or ID" for box office collection. I interpret this as - you don't need the payment card to pick it up.

However, I emailed Glastonbury and they said I need to bring the payment card? I won't have the payment card because someone who is not coming to the festival paid for the tickets for me - and of course, they won't let me take their credit card across the world. Who should I believe? I'm stressing out because I'm not sure if I will be able to pick up my ticket anymore.. 

What address did you email? I've the same issue (as well as my car parking tickets not being posted) so I'm going email now also.

7 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

What address did you email? I've the same issue (as well as my car parking tickets not being posted) so I'm going email now also.

I used the Glastonbury contact form on their website - but I just checked my order on seetickets.com and I see the same message that says "must provide a payment card or ID". So I think ID only should be fine, must be a mix-up. 

Edited by CanadianGuy

23 hours ago, kalifire said:

'If you don't like it, let us know and we'll change it!' 

This is exactly what they do. My friend just had email confirmation from See that her ticket will be sent to my address in the UK like a UK ticket…

which selfishly I am super pleased with but the fact that there isn’t a structure here or a thought-through process is a shitshow.

16 hours ago, CanadianGuy said:

I've never heard of people being asked to provide their payment card, as long as you have a drivers licence/passport/ID card you'll be fine.

55 minutes ago, Aeleanor said:

Just got this reply to my question about ticket collection from See:

Hi,

I’m afraid overseas tickets are set for collection from the festival ticket box office.

All collection information will be sent to you nearer the festival date.

This is not good. The queue for collecting can be a carnage. I am actually happy that I am coming from overseas and got a Coach ticket...

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

This is not good. The queue for collecting can be a carnage. I am actually happy that I am coming from overseas and got a Coach ticket...

Hopefully those facilities are being expanded massively … I can’t believe they are going through with this idea ? 

I recently started to think of the experiences I had in the past year having things shipped from the UK, and it was

1- one lost small parcel 

2- Something that took 2 weeks for a distance that a seagull could have covered in probably 3 hours across the channel.

So not going to ask See to send. BUT definitely will keep on bothering them to organise pick up in a logical way, and not for all of us to line up at gate A.

I mean you will arrive at Glasto mainly:

-Campervan fields

-WV/Sticklinch

- Drop off/cars

- Coach

Sounds doable to me to at least get the tickets for campervans and WV/Sticklinch with parking to separate pick ups, and a possibility to pick up at B&W for the cars?

I'm sure there will be complications/combinations of the above but can't be worse than the current plan.