The International Contingent

beefykoala

Big week!

Paid the balance, line up came out, booked flights from NZ and just sorted the National Express to and from the festival. As Worthy View is still sorted from two years ago, I now only need to book my accommodation in London pre and post the festival now and I'm done! 

But..... for some reason it still feels like it's 50/50 whether I'll actually get there. Even though there aren't travel restrictions anymore the idea of travelling still seems a bit crazy. So I don't feel like the trip is a sure thing yet. 

1 hour ago, Mark H said:

Big week!

Paid the balance, line up came out, booked flights from NZ and just sorted the National Express to and from the festival. As Worthy View is still sorted from two years ago, I now only need to book my accommodation in London pre and post the festival now and I'm done! 

But..... for some reason it still feels like it's 50/50 whether I'll actually get there. Even though there aren't travel restrictions anymore the idea of travelling still seems a bit crazy. So I don't feel like the trip is a sure thing yet. 

Coming from NZ too, confidence is maxed out. I’m certain we’ll be ok 🙂

On 3/6/2022 at 6:14 PM, John the Moth said:

Coming from NZ too, confidence is maxed out. I’m certain we’ll be ok 🙂

Hi fellow NZ traveller. Where are you based and what’s your plan? Im flying straight through from Wellington with only a few hours stop over in Singapore in each direction. Feeling a bit too old for a 25 hour journey. But it will be well worth it. Arrive on the Friday before the festival and head back on the Wednesday night after 😀

17 minutes ago, Mark H said:

Hi fellow NZ traveller. Where are you based and what’s your plan? Im flying straight through from Wellington with only a few hours stop over in Singapore in each direction. Feeling a bit too old for a 25 hour journey. But it will be well worth it. Arrive on the Friday before the festival and head back on the Wednesday night after 😀

We’re in Auckland, flying on the 9th and returning on 29th.

Got a couple of stops in Singapore and Frankfurt, but managed to get flights on the cheap as we gambled and bought last November before lifting of restrictions was confirmed 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 2:16 PM, Calvin Klein said:

Still not paid it yet. 

I guess the thing that bothers me the most of uncertainty. Too many variables in the air. If for some reason something changes (cancelation, travel policies, vaccines mandates, etc) I could lose a lot of money 😞

A poster would help, if only to get me excited and make me pay it 😄

paid the balance and booked tickets since this. fuck it. 

anybody know of some nice people that would let us use a spare room in london or at least keep our luggage while at the festival? 😅

So, usually volunteer at the festival but working arrangements made it impossible this year.

Thought I'd try for tickets today and by some miracle (I have not got through in  the last 10 years) managed to bag 2 general tickets!

Currently the plan is fly in land at Bristol 8am on the Friday, taxi straight to site  and then back early on the Monday morning.

Has anyone had any experience of taxis from to and from site during the festival? 

Debating whether the whole idea silly as will be missing the weds and Thurs, but then again it is fate saying we should go for it!! 

Did anyone figure out the international ticket collection question yet?

One of our party will need to collect but we are camper van-ing. Would we really need to get to Gate A first, collect and drive all the way round again? Will box office be open Tuesday??? (Might have to be a very early start from London on Tuesday) (currently waiting on reply from Festival on this as well…)

1 hour ago, dazednconfused said:

Did anyone figure out the international ticket collection question yet?

One of our party will need to collect but we are camper van-ing. Would we really need to get to Gate A first, collect and drive all the way round again? Will box office be open Tuesday??? (Might have to be a very early start from London on Tuesday) (currently waiting on reply from Festival on this as well…)

I don't think they've said anything more other than just confirming they can be collected separately.

Agree it'll be a nightmare if it's just at one ticket collection point though. If this is the way its going to be, they at least need to create a system where you can nominate your collection point in advance.

11 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Agree it'll be a nightmare if it's just at one ticket collection point though. If this is the way its going to be, they at least need to create a system where you can nominate your collection point in advance.

Feels like just a shit idea. Wonder why they changed it. At least let people nominate a UK address or as you suggested a collection point and clarify cases such as camper vans/Worthy View campers etc  

On 3/8/2022 at 6:03 PM, Mark H said:

It's a well-known fact that most kiwi efestivals live in the brewery in Hobsonville.

Opposite problem here - bit gutted that the wife can't make  it as she is using up her hols to see her family for the first time in over two years (they live in Hobsonville - obvs).

6 hours ago, TheDayman said:

I don't think they've said anything more other than just confirming they can be collected separately.

One year - a good while ago admittedly - I spent an entire afternoon in a ticket collection queue. Got to the site at around 1 p.m. (Wednesday).  Had my ticket by 6 p.m.  As I stood in the queue I watched the field where I wanted to camp fill up. Very frustrating. Was so pleased that they changed hat to posting them out, registered, and well in advance. Why did that change.....?

Edited by Watergirl

24 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

One year - a good while ago admittedly - I spent an entire afternoon in a ticket collection queue. Got to the site at around 1 p.m. (Wednesday).  Had my ticket by 6 p.m.  As I stood in the queue I watched the field where I wanted to camp fill up. Very frustrating. Was so pleased that they changed hat to posting them out, registered, and well in advance. Why did that change.....?

No idea, but one would think consumer demand, by the sounds of things.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

No idea, but one would think consumer demand, by the sounds of things.

I think that, that piece of work, right there (ie. the above statement) just has to be the most gormless thing that I have ever written on this site. You may think otherwise. I don't know. However, I suspect we could reach common ground that if it is, then there's a lot of other shite I have written, snapping at its shirttails. 

Overjoyed to get a resale ticket! Heading back home from Melbourne to see family for the first time in 3 years due to the pandemic was exciting enough but adding my seventh Glastonbury to the trip is the icing on the cake. I get teary just thinking about it 🥰

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3