The International Contingent

beefykoala

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Its more difficult because its not just a regular will call situation where you show id and they wristband you. The physical ticket has your photo on it so you couldnt make a bunch of duplicates and then create more waste. Although I think they could figure out a way to see how many people were doing campervan or this and that so its possible to hold tickets at a different gate. And if you dont specify then it defaults to Gate A entry. I mean I have to go to Worthy View afterwards when I get my ticket. That actually should be an option since they can look at what you have booked on your account when it comes to ticket collection. If you have WV your tickets should be waiting there since thats where you gotta go anyway.

I agree that they need tickets to be collected for people in campervans, Worthy View & Sticklinch at the entrances for those areas otherwise its going to be a clusterfuck of chaos.

And collecting as a group. In 2018, one of our group had to change his plans last minute and couldn't arrive until Thursday. What's the contingency for collecting tickets if all of the group can't arrive at the same time (which may not even be the same day)?

And when does the box office actually open? As with previous years, we plan to be there queuing from early Wednedsay morning. Does the box office open at the same time as the gates (I hope not)? And if not, how far in advance of the gates does it actually open? We arrived at 4am in 2018 and there was already a massive queue at the gates. Its going to be brutal if we arrive at 4am again to find we can't collect our tickets straight away (or even queue for the gate because we're all going to have to leave to collect tickets at the same time).

I know we're still a fair bit away but I'm worried, given how small a percentage of ticket sales we are, we might be left in limbo.

Screenshot_20220302-123040_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by LostHorizon
  • Upvote 1

Got approval from my bosses to work from the UK either side of the festival on UK time - turns out one used to be a DJ and the other used to be a music journalist focusing on dance music (now corporate lawyers) so were more than understanding.

Flights next. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

It's all coming together... Tickets paid, campervan + insurance booked, only flights from Korea to go!

I've emailed SeeTickets to ask about the box office collection, my wife is Korean but I've paid with UK card and asked to ship tickets to a friend's house in Bristol (He'll be coming with us). Hopefully that will all work out and no need for silly moving around site with a campervan trying to get access. Will keep this updated if anyone needs answers

4 hours ago, Reckoner said:

I managed to change the address to a UK one through editing my registration before going to pay the balance, so that’s an option for those who have somewhere to send them, and don’t want to go with the collection option. 

Thank you.

I don't have a delivery address in the United Kingdom, but indeed, by just modifying the country of the address associated with the lead booker registration number, it then switches the delivery method to "Secure Post" at the time of balance payment:

signal1.png.a8c08f16f6167f97719933619941e353.png

On the balance payment screen, if you put the non-UK country back on the delivery address, this message is displayed:

signal2.png.0cbc77fee03df92b92b2051bd5577702.png

Not wanting to play with fire, but I admit I was tempted.

5 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Got approval from my bosses to work from the UK either side of the festival on UK time - turns out one used to be a DJ and the other used to be a music journalist focusing on dance music (now corporate lawyers) so were more than understanding.

Flights next. 

I changed jobs late 2019 and have mentioned Glastonbury a couple of times, and have found out that 3 or 4 people who now are fairly straight laced professionals in their 50s used to go to Glastonbury in the 90s before they had kids/career etc. 🙂 

Still no response to the query sent to See/Glastonbury Tuesday morning regarding the "Box Office Collection" for Internation ticket holders. Just seeking some clarity on how it will all work. 

6 of us travelling. 4 will arrive via campervan on the Tuesday evening with the remaining 2 flying into Bristol Thursday evening. 

Could adjust my registration and get them sent to a relative in Bristol and collect from him directly on the Tuesday afternoon on route to Glastonbury. 

At the moment, that seems an appealing option rather than messing around with Box Office Collection/Campervan logistics and the fact that all 6 in the group are not arriving at the same time which judging by the statement on the payment page that everyone in the party must be present to collect tickets, could cause another issue. 

1 hour ago, Festivalnut87 said:

Still no response to the query sent to See/Glastonbury Tuesday morning regarding the "Box Office Collection" for Internation ticket holders. Just seeking some clarity on how it will all work. 

6 of us travelling. 4 will arrive via campervan on the Tuesday evening with the remaining 2 flying into Bristol Thursday evening. 

Could adjust my registration and get them sent to a relative in Bristol and collect from him directly on the Tuesday afternoon on route to Glastonbury. 

At the moment, that seems an appealing option rather than messing around with Box Office Collection/Campervan logistics and the fact that all 6 in the group are not arriving at the same time which judging by the statement on the payment page that everyone in the party must be present to collect tickets, could cause another issue. 

If the balances haven't been paid yet you could pay as a four and then as a two so the four arriving tuesday eve can get theirs and the two arriving thurs evening can go to the box office to collect?

• Upvote 1

We'll be lucky if they've a ticket pickup on the actual site at Gate A.  At least once in the past back before they used to send out the tickets for international orders it was at Bath and West showgrounds nearby with shuttle buses back and forth.  It added a good few hours to the whole process.   It is extra annoying now as I had booked my NX to the festival site before I realised that this is most likely what will be required.  I'd probably have arranged a taxi share to Bath and West to avoid having to go from the site to there if I knew this was up.    I can't say for sure this is what they will do but it was the process back in 2007 before they started posting international orders (it was a collect in a record store in Castle Cary in 2005 I am pretty sure).   I have a memory of getting them on site one year.. perhaps 2008 so I am hoping this will be what they do. 

If there is any sign of them doing anything other than having them on the actual festival site we all need to scream loudly as much as possible to get them to reverse the decision otherwise write off the Wednesday morning.  Bath and West looks close on a map but the traffic means the shuttles can get jammed up for ages.

20 minutes ago, snipe said:

We'll be lucky if they've a ticket pickup on the actual site at Gate A.  At least once in the past back before they used to send out the tickets for international orders it was at Bath and West showgrounds nearby with shuttle buses back and forth.  It added a good few hours to the whole process.   It is extra annoying now as I had booked my NX to the festival site before I realised that this is most likely what will be required.  I'd probably have arranged a taxi share to Bath and West to avoid having to go from the site to there if I knew this was up.    I can't say for sure this is what they will do but it was the process back in 2007 before they started posting international orders (it was a collect in a record store in Castle Cary in 2005 I am pretty sure).   I have a memory of getting them on site one year.. perhaps 2008 so I am hoping this will be what they do. 

If there is any sign of them doing anything other than having them on the actual festival site we all need to scream loudly as much as possible to get them to reverse the decision otherwise write off the Wednesday morning.  Bath and West looks close on a map but the traffic means the shuttles can get jammed up for ages.

If that is what happens, you could post in the lift share forum on here to see if any van owners camping at B&W would give you a lift. 

1 hour ago, snipe said:

This sounds like an absolute nightmare...

If disaster strikes, I should have space in my car and happy to help where I can but here's hoping it doesn't come to that.

1 hour ago, snipe said:

Someone posted on Instagram that they collected there’s last year right by the main coach drop off (I presume Gate A?)

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The box office collection point has been at Gate A for years. Not so bad when it only affects a small handful of people but every ticket buyer outside the UK who can’t get it sent to a UK address? That’s going to be messy. 

If they make campervan ticket holders go to Gate A to collect CV and festival tickets, is that logistically possible? (I.E - needing to park your campervan near Gate A, go to the Box Office, collect tickets and then drive around the site to CV East?)

I have only ever accessed the festival via the PG at CV West so have no idea of the set up at PG A. 

I assume it would also need to be open from 12Noon on the Tuesday as that is when the CV fields usually open. Otherwise, you will have any "international" CV arrivals parked up on the edge of the festival from Tuesday afternoon until Wednesday morning which would be a nightmare!! 

6 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I changed jobs late 2019 and have mentioned Glastonbury a couple of times, and have found out that 3 or 4 people who now are fairly straight laced professionals in their 50s used to go to Glastonbury in the 90s before they had kids/career etc. 🙂 

IN THEIR 50's...!!

have they got any teeth left.??

• Upvote 2

Just received this response from See:

"Further details on collecting tickets will be sent to you much closer to the time of the event, this will cover Campervan passes also.

Each attendee can collect their tickets at different times, this is not a problem.

Kind Regards,

7 minutes ago, Festivalnut87 said:

Just received this response from See:

"Further details on collecting tickets will be sent to you much closer to the time of the event, this will cover Campervan passes also.

Each attendee can collect their tickets at different times, this is not a problem.

Kind Regards,

Ah, the "we didn't think this through and are now going to have to figure it out properly" response. Excellent.

• Upvote 4

On 3/1/2022 at 6:03 AM, LostHorizon said:

Ah, that sucks.

You'll know better than I do from these forums that solo's often say they have such a great time albeit I know it would defo make me anxious doing it too.

That said, and I'm not sure if this makes things any easier, but I'm sure there's any number of people here that would be happy for you to join their gang, ourselves included (a few of which don't know each anyway outside of the ticket WhatsApp group we created back in in 2018). 

I think get your ticket and then feel things out over the coming month or so. Besides, I think the anxiety of following these forums in the lead up knowing that you could have been there would be far worse! 🙂

Thanks for the pep talk. I've just paid, so hopefully everything else falls into place. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, incident said:

Ah, the "we didn't think this through and are now going to have to figure it out properly" response. Excellent.

The only way I can see to make this work is to ask all international arrivals to nominate a gate for their tickets to be collected from.

I had my ticket at will call in 2017 and picked them up at Gate A with zero issue and zero line. Right when I jumped off the coach I saw the sign to where to pick them up. So I doubt theyre going to change that. And as stated, there likely wont be a giant queue and theyve got time to sort out how to handle more people. Its not as if theyre estimating 100 people are only going to do it, theyll know exactly how many and what the situations are. So Im sure theyll have more than 2 windows to collect from.

If theres nothing in the morning Im going to pay my balance sometime later in the day.

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I had my ticket at will call in 2017 and picked them up at Gate A with zero issue and zero line. Right when I jumped off the coach I saw the sign to where to pick them up. So I doubt theyre going to change that. And as stated, there likely wont be a giant queue and theyve got time to sort out how to handle more people. Its not as if theyre estimating 100 people are only going to do it, theyll know exactly how many and what the situations are. So Im sure theyll have more than 2 windows to collect from.

If theres nothing in the morning Im going to pay my balance sometime later in the day.

Missing the point somewhat - the issue isn't people arriving by public transport - they'll all be fine as they'll all arrive at exactly the right spot.

The issue is that not everyone arrives by public transport - someone might turn up in a car at one of multiple different entry points. Even more problematically, some are in Campervans - there was a report on another thread that someone queried this with See and were effectively told "Park up at Gate A and collect the ticket from the Box Office" - which as a suggestion is insane in every way and could only have been made by someone who'd never been anywhere near Glastonbury and certainly not Gate A on the Wednesday. That's the part that they'll be rethinking right now and trying to figure out how to solve.

• Upvote 2

Slightly off topic but for recycling crew you can chose whether to register/ get your wristband at either Gate A (for those that arrive by public transport) or Gate B (if you are driving).  You need to nominate beforehand but wondering whether a similar system would work here?