The International Contingent

beefykoala

Also, quick question for international bookers - I'm confused whether I should use my Barclays Bank UK card when I get through, or if I should use my German credit card? They say on the website that international payments HAVE to be a credit card, but do they mean if you're using a foreign bank, it has to be a credit card? My registration address is here in Germany, so is it better to use my German bank/credit card?

I hope you understand my thoughts.  

On 10/4/2019 at 1:29 AM, dreadwing said:

I moved to New Zealand last year after spending 30 years in blighty. Currently Friday, 1:21pm. 

Festival season starts in December here as its summer then. Seems to be a few decent lineups around (northern bass and rythum and vines happen over new years eve!) but I have yet to experience a kiwi festival. 

I've been to 4 of the last 5 Glastonbury festivals (14,15,16,17) and a handful of other festivals, but nothing really does compare to Glastonbury. 

I'll be online 9pm Sunday night attempting to get 3 tickets. I've heard it's easier outside of the UK, but only time will tell.

Went to a few NZ festivals when I lived there (2006-2011). Line ups were generally pretty good although not that varied. In some stunning locations though. They tended more towards 'gig in a field' and could be really strict on what you could take in (we, and hundreds of others, got freezer blocks confiscated one year at Rippon), still fun though

2 hours ago, Brad2434 said:

I was living in Melbourne, Australia last year when tickets for 2019 came out. 6 of us trying got absolutely nowhere near! Had previously successfully got tickets when in England 4 years in a row.

I can assure you being away from the UK has nothing to do with not getting tickets.

Only once in the last 7 festivals I've failed in every sale (last year).

I'm British but also live in Melbourne now! Right now it's 10:45pm. Have been here since the beginning of 2015 but come back for Glasto as much as possible (2015, 2017, 2019) and visit most Christmases as well to spend time with family, who live in Frome. I met my partner here in Melbs shortly after returning from Glastonbury 2015 and after hearing so much about it for years on end, she's agreed to come along next year, so we'll both be trying for tickets on Sunday.

As other have said, it'll be 7pm on Sunday evening when tickets go on sale for us, so the celebratory/commiseration drink won't feel so cheeky and we'll be awake and with it, but we do have to suffer all of Sunday before it comes time.

Note to the Melbourne crew - remember clocks go forward tonight. It's always a critical thing to note, happening the night before ticket Sunday!

Edited by kalifire

I'm British but moved to Zurich,  Switzerland last November. I was unsuccessful last year in the main sale and decided to leave out the resale due to other holidays. 

I got tickets for me and a group of friends from various countries in the coach sale. Very excited to be heading back for the 50th after going 15, 16 and 17. 

Since 2017 I've been to Nashville twice for my live music fix. I'd love some more country this year. Maren morris or or kacey musgrave in the afternoon would be a dream

4 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Seems to be a few NZ based eFesters, anyone going to this....?

2A641623-4126-4648-8457-6A727B20363E.png

That lineup doesn't do it for me, and I no longer living in Auckland so have to pick and choose my events carefully. The last gig I came down for was Beach House at the Town Hall and the next one I have lined up is The National in April I think. Could do with one or two more really.

On 10/4/2019 at 6:58 PM, Mark H said:

Trying for tickets this Sunday after 5 years away. But the tickets are only the first step as we then need to convince both our parents to take a holiday of their own and look after our two year old in London while we are at the festival. So this is the start of a complicated journey, but hoping that Sunday ticks off the first in a series of challenges to get us there.

We did it!!!!! Well, technically my cousin in the UK did, we couldn’t even get close from NZ.

Phase One of our journey complete, now to discuss travel and childcare possibilities with our parents ?

Congratulations to those who were successful and commiserations to those who missed out. 

2 hours ago, Mark H said:

We did it!!!!! Well, technically my cousin in the UK did, we couldn’t even get close from NZ.

Phase One of our journey complete, now to discuss travel and childcare possibilities with our parents ?

Congratulations to those who were successful and commiserations to those who missed out. 

Same here, not even a sniff on the website, just 503 error. 

Luckily my friend in UK got mine! 

See you all in June!!! 

What's everybody's journey looks like when going to the festival?

Last time (2017) we spent the day before and the day after in Glastonbury town, which I would recommend 100%. Second time we were there. 
This year we got coach tickets which makes that option a bit more difficult.

Do you plan your whole vacation around glastonbury or do you just go for the week and come back?

2 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

What's everybody's journey looks like when going to the festival?

Last time (2017) we spent the day before and the day after in Glastonbury town, which I would recommend 100%. Second time we were there. 
This year we got coach tickets which makes that option a bit more difficult.

Do you plan your whole vacation around glastonbury or do you just go for the week and come back?

I do a Eurotrip each time. 

First year was 2016 and I didnt have a real job, did a month in Europe before and after Glasto! About 2.5months total. 

2017 I did 2 weeks in Croatia.

2019 I had 10 days in Greece and went to Glastonbury town beforehand! 

This year I'm thinking about doing the same, for at least 1 night, because I found it easy getting on site from the Local bus, and the people I usually stay with in London didnt get tickets which probably removes them as an option and definitely complicates my usual routine. I still think I should have about 10 days to play around before Glasto, possible south of France or northern Italy? We will see!

1 minute ago, MetaKate said:

First year was 2016 and I didnt have a real job, did a month in Europe before and after Glasto! About 2.5months total. 

This year I'm thinking about doing the same, for at least 1 night, because I found it easy getting on site from the Local bus, and the people I usually stay with in London didnt get tickets which probably removes them as an option and definitely complicates my usual routine. I still think I should have about 10 days to play around before Glasto, possible south of France or northern Italy? We will see!

Bus from the Abbey is nice, but we ended up waiting for like 2 hours under the sun before we decided to share a taxi with 2 americans. It only cost 5 pounds each person, which wasn't that bad at all. Then we did take the bus on our way back.

Did you get a nice day when climbing the Tor? 

7 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

west of Ireland if you've never been is sensational

17 minutes ago, CJTM said:

west of Ireland if you've never been is sensational

We still have to get to Ireland. 
We've been around most of Great Britain, but never crossed to Ireland. 

I was fortunate enough to get an amazing day both times I've been to the Tor. 

05GlastonburySomerset (110).JPG

UKIsland17 (423).JPG

Edited by Calvin Klein

Am from England but on last day of holiday in San Francisco, was up till 1.18am this morning when I got in. Congrats to the hotels wifi had perfect coverage and this was only a motel no chain. Cant wait only our second time first in 2016 and this is my 50th birthday year so feeling blessed.