Can't access ticket page even now - techie person please help!

tabby2

Ok so I was trying for coach tickets, and couldn't even get on the holding page on my laptop. Tried using Chrome, Firefox, Safari. My phone on 4g/Wifi could access the holding page  (no further).

I just tried the ticket page again and I still can't get on it using a regular browser. But I just tried using Tor and that worked fine! There must be something in my laptop settings that's preventing access to the ticket page in particular. The regular glasto site and all other websites I can get onto no problem.

I'm not sure I want to rely on using Tor for the main ticket sale. Please if anyone knows what might be the problem here I'd be very grateful!

9 hours ago, tabby2 said:

Ok so I was trying for coach tickets, and couldn't even get on the holding page on my laptop. Tried using Chrome, Firefox, Safari. My phone on 4g/Wifi could access the holding page  (no further).

I just tried the ticket page again and I still can't get on it using a regular browser. But I just tried using Tor and that worked fine! There must be something in my laptop settings that's preventing access to the ticket page in particular. The regular glasto site and all other websites I can get onto no problem.

I'm not sure I want to rely on using Tor for the main ticket sale. Please if anyone knows what might be the problem here I'd be very grateful!

Have you ever changed your hosts file? If you don't know what that is then probably no. 

Or your dns settings? 

Is there an error message? Are you using a work computer?

Where I work we have McAfee Web Gateways blocking our path to the internet and it blocks Seetickets website because they use an old style security certificate. Its a pain because my work laptop is much higher spec than my home PC. 

56 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Where I work we have McAfee Web Gateways blocking our path to the internet and it blocks Seetickets website because they use an old style security certificate. Its a pain because my work laptop is much higher spec than my home PC. 

I have the same issue, so annoying!  WHY would they need to block this?!

2 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Have you ever changed your hosts file? If you don't know what that is then probably no. 

Or your dns settings? 

I think the issue might be related to something like this; whether I've changed it in the past (can't remember) and that's a problem, or whether it needs to be changed. Defo something on this laptop though, last year was the same but I assumed that was just because the page was busy. 

Is there anything I should look out for regarding the host file/DNS? (I can try googling but a suggestion would be helpful if possible!). 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Can't remember the error message exactly, it did prompt me to check proxy settings, which I did. Hard to Google for help as if I Google 'can't access Glasto ticket page' I just get results relating to normal problem of not getting past holding page. 

The hosts file is located at Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts .

Open as an admin. It will probably be empty, but if there’s any mention of Seetickets delete it. It’s probably a good idea to copy the contents of the file to another text file and save it elsewhere before you change anything, just in case. 

1 hour ago, musky said:

The hosts file is located at Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts .

Open as an admin. It will probably be empty, but if there’s any mention of Seetickets delete it. It’s probably a good idea to copy the contents of the file to another text file and save it elsewhere before you change anything, just in case. 

Thanks, I'll try that 

1 hour ago, tabby2 said:

Thanks, I'll try that 

Yeah there are instructions here:

https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/modify-your-hosts-file/

Look for something like 

11.123.134.11   glastonbury.seetickets.com

If there's a line like this delete it. 

If not try checking the DNS settings https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-pcs-dns-settings-windows-10

Change them to the google settings. 

8 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Yeah there are instructions here:

https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/modify-your-hosts-file/

Look for something like 

11.123.134.11   glastonbury.seetickets.com

If there's a line like this delete it. 

If not try checking the DNS settings https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-pcs-dns-settings-windows-10

Change them to the google settings. 

That was exactly it! No wonder I haven't been able to get on the ticket page for at least 2 years! Deleted it and works again now. Thank you so much :)

8 minutes ago, iloveglasto2020 said:

Is this the same thing everyone is seeing at this stage? 

Im assuming that when the tickets actually go on sake the link will take you to the see website?

E2FA1D65-73B1-4091-A500-2D2DA7E0D830.png

Pretty much...

6 minutes ago, iloveglasto2020 said:

Is this the same thing everyone is seeing at this stage? 

Im assuming that when the tickets actually go on sake the link will take you to the see website?

E2FA1D65-73B1-4091-A500-2D2DA7E0D830.png

Yup...that's what we're all staring at.  Refresh that page from 0900, or a few seconds before, and pray.  If you get the page that says the site is busy and that you are being held for 20 seconds ignore it and refresh the page yourself.  When luck shines in your direction you will get the page to put in your registration numbers.

Good luck ?

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Yup...that's what we're all staring at.  Refresh that page from 0900, or a few seconds before, and pray.  If you get the page that says the site is busy and that you are being held for 20 seconds ignore it and refresh the page yourself.  When luck shines in your direction you will get the page to put in your registration numbers.

Good luck ?

Being nervous about the hosts file and dns stuff. If I can see the above page that you screenshotted (and I can) then do I need worry? Ta in advance! 

7 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Being nervous about the hosts file and dns stuff. If I can see the above page that you screenshotted (and I can) then do I need worry? Ta in advance! 

If you've never changed your settings and can see that page you're fine. 

I think the original poster had tried to change their settings based on some ropey advice a good few years ago. 

Basically during the sale only one of the See servers was working, folk on the internet worked it out and pointed directly at the other servers bypassing the queue. See, rightly, have fixed it so this isn't possible. 

So if you've never changed your settings no worries!