How Successful Where You? (Coach Sale)

mcshed

How Successful Were You? (Coach Sale)  

186 members have voted

1. 1. So how did you do?

• We got all the tickets we were after!
    • We got some of the tickets we wanted.
    • We didn't get anything. Come on Sunday.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Ugh that sounds horrendous. Which year was that? 

I'm guessing 2004- there was a problem with the servers that year, that could only be overcome once someone shared a special link on festivals (the infamous 'freya' link) which allowed you to get straight through after you'd spent the previous 16 hours refreshing!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jparx said:

Question for the people who have been going a decade or so - were people caught out the first year it sold out immediately? Did people rock up at 10am thinking they could just bag tickets? Were you tipped off that the demand would be huge?

I was - yes. 2003 it sold out in a day when 2002 took weeks. Came home from work T-day to be told all sold and they were all on eBay. Got tickets 2 weeks before the fest when Orange (now EE?) ran an online comp which a friend was involved in and helped us all 15+ of us win. (Anyone moaning, tell me you wouldn’t take that option)

Anyway I think because of that they put some ID system in for 2004 and for the first time I recall there being major T-day advance hype. Tickets went on sale at 8pm, all the servers promptly melted. I got through by phone at 4am. 8 hours of constant redialling.

12 hours ago, incident said:

To be fair, 36 hours before Ticket Day for the 2008 festival, everyone was just as nervous - nobody even imagined that it wouldn't sell out as getting tickets for the previous 3 festivals had been a nightmare (including the famous 24 hour sale in 2004 where the web site and telephone network both crashed for extended periods).

don't even mention the hell of 2004 - I was on dial up on computer and phone and was up all night trying to get through  - only year  I haven't eventually managed to get tickets from any source when trying!! I even got through to a BBC competition but wasn't picked for the final call up!

3 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

I'm guessing 2004- there was a problem with the servers that year, that could only be overcome once someone shared a special link on festivals (the infamous 'freya' link) which allowed you to get straight through after you'd spent the previous 16 hours refreshing!

Oh no, that was a great year for me, due to friendly helpful people ?

It was earlier than that by a couple of years, one of those weird times when we started to mutter that people on orange seemed to get in more easily - this was my first experience of that. I wasn't on orange and was trying dial up and phone calls. In the end a pal who was on orange heard my predicament and sorted me in minutes ?

9 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Oh no, that was a great year for me, due to friendly helpful people ?

It was earlier than that by a couple of years, one of those weird times when we started to mutter that people on orange seemed to get in more easily - this was my first experience of that. I wasn't on orange and was trying dial up and phone calls. In the end a pal who was on orange heard my predicament and sorted me in minutes ?

I got through almost straight away that year (earliest I've ever managed) , got mine and a friends ticket, but then spent the next 16hours trying to get a ticket for another friend- the Freya link let me finally get it

We had 18 people in groups of 6. prepared to go from any city in the country. Zero tickets purchased.

Two of us got through to selecting a coach package, but never any further. I was so traumatised by getting so close, I woke up at 3am the next day and decided  to check my bank account and email to see if a sale had somehow gone through.

The next morning I realised I hadn't at any point entered my credit card details, so getting tickets  couldn't  possibly have happened.