I think this is where I'm at... The 5 Stages of Grief & Loss

clarkete

6 hours ago, AmazingAbby said:

I was actually in a really positive mood last night and this morning, even after a broken down train and a half hour wait for a bus in the rain for the trains to then come back on again. Arrive at work and a girl tells me she got tickets and she was going to get 'Worthy Farm' camping because she just can't not shower for a whole six days and did I know it's really hard to get tickets. Currently sitting at my desk taking deep breaths trying to be a lovely person. 

just tell her they turned the showers off last year to preserve the water supplies and watch the grin disappear :) 

11 minutes ago, Steveb72 said:

Still feeling gutted now got to the select day page near enough straight away and then nothing just stuck in the queue or my connection timing out.

I think that page was basically a given, as long as the site wasn't borking out. I had one laptop tethered to my cell phone connection and it wouldn't load that page, but the other three windows I had going on more stable connections all loaded it immediately.

5 hours ago, flyleen said:

Always nerve-wracking! Setting up a little shrine next to the computer to please the Glasto Gods on Sunday.

Couldn't hurt. ?

Me too. Candles, flowers and an offering of cider to appease the ticket gods. All in front of a photo collage of the word ‘Glasto’ that my cousin made. It didn’t work yesterday so have to work out how to step it up a notch. Perhaps incorporate my old wrist bands and canvas bags

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

just tell her they turned the showers off last year to preserve the water supplies and watch the grin disappear :) 

Ha I might just...depending on how Sunday goes. 

I have a feeling if she didn’t get wv she’d just give up her ticket which is a bonus for someone who’d make the most of it shower or no shower. 

Ahead of tomorrow, taking into consideration my personal ticket-getting track record and based upon the sheer numbers that I know tried and failed on Thursday alone (the desperation to get there meant that a lot of people I know that usually wait until the main sale tried for coaches) I already have one foot in the acceptance camp

7 minutes ago, gordong said:

Off the top of my head, about 40 mins. You’ll know your fate at 10am for sure. 

My brain went with 43 mins for some reason so sounds about right. Re fate: I got two in the coach resale last time, so still months of potential misery to come! ?

18 minutes ago, Homer said:

My brain went with 43 mins for some reason so sounds about right. Re fate: I got two in the coach resale last time, so still months of potential misery to come! ?

It was 34 I think... @Gnomicide?

I am not feeling overly confident right now.

19 minutes ago, Homer said:

Exact same as you mate, nabbed two about 2 minutes in the coach resale but was totally convinced it wasn’t happening so it was a such a shock. With that mentality, this is attempt 2 of 4, keep the faith!

14 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Essentially if you’ve not got them after 20 minutes you’re very definitely in the danger zone. Demand will be at an all time high tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if it sells out in record time, or if in fact the demand means the sale actually gets longer again because of the pressure on the system.

This. 

Could be one of these scenarios we see tomorrow. Hoping there's so much traffic to the site that it ultimately slows down the process and extends our chances. Clutching at some very distance straws and to be taken with an Mt. Everest sized pinch of salt but gotta keep positive right?

I`ve been going since 1981 and have been to most, the ones i`ve missed have been by choice. Never failed to get a ticket since the reg no started (or someone else has got it for me)

We had 5 groups of 6 on Thursday and got one of them so 20% successful 

We`ve got 14 groups of 6 for tomorrow so the chances are slim. I have never been as apprehensive as I am now before a sale.

Good luck all of you :) 

On 10/3/2019 at 8:28 PM, clarkete said:

Already wary that this is the end of my successful run since 1985.

Looked this up just in case.

The five stages of grief are:
  • denial
  • anger
  • bargaining
  • depression
  • acceptance 

Slightly off on a tangent, but I would like to note that the stages of grief are misunderstood as being a linear process (ie you from denial, to anger etc etc until your 'fine'), when I think they're more the 5 elements of grief and you tend to go in and out of different ones for the rest of your life. (I work with people experiencing bereavement and always have to correct that misconception!) 

I'm currently fluttering between bargaining (if I can just get one this last time, it will be my final Glastonbury!) and acceptance (the chances of success are pretty slim, I've been very lucky to have gone as much as I have, and there are a lot worse things that can happen than not getting a ticket to a festival) 

Edited by Mr.Tease
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Essentially if you’ve not got them after 20 minutes you’re very definitely in the danger zone. Demand will be at an all time high tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if it sells out in record time, or if in fact the demand means the sale actually gets longer again because of the pressure on the system.

Yeah, once you hit the 20mins point you can feel the sense of doom sinking in- last year I managed to get through at the 23min mark and it sold out less than 2 mins later--really close to the edge! It even said they weren't available the first time I clicked on the payment screen

31 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yeah, once you hit the 20mins point you can feel the sense of doom sinking in- last year I managed to get through at the 23min mark and it sold out less than 2 mins later--really close to the edge! It even said they weren't available the first time I clicked on the payment screen

I can’t remember which year, possibly for 2016, we got through on my Mrs at the times tiny iPhone well into the 20 or 30 minutes that it sold out in. My hands were shaking like anything and I’m amazed that I actually managed to get everything keyed in. It literally sold out about a minute later. Exhilarating, but terrible for the blood pressure. In the resale for 2017 I got though within the first minute, absolute bliss.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton